Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I create my own Panel software similar to cPanel, DirectAdmin, or FastPanel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can I create my own Panel software similar to cPanel, DirectAdmin, or FastPanel?

dhmodhmo Member

question in the title

I wanna know:
1. How they seperate customers environment securely.
2. How they limit the resource allow customer to use.

I wanna do:
2. OpenLiteSpeed as host customer site, OpenResty as proxy.
3. PHP Supported with WordPress installer
4. Reseller Feature (ofc Reseller have whitelable and they can have reseller too) [p,s: whitelable, reseller do reseller can be enabled/disabled]
5. API Support

Any suggestions, or tutorials for me?

I have experience in:
Ruby on Rails, JavaScript(not nodejs), Python(a little), VBNET(a little)
For design, I can do HTML with TailwindCSS so it's okay.

My plan was run Ruby on Rails as dashboard and use python or something for API/Manage webservers

Thanks

Comments

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep
    1. virtfs or bubblewrap or cagefs($$)
    2. cgroups or lve($$)

3. Okay, Why openresty as proxy?

4. Should be easy to compile lsphp7/8
    5. Should be easy
    6. Should be easy to do too.

Do note even a minor fuck-up can pose a security risk to the entire server, Maybe you can take an existing panel(fastpanel) and write your own panel over that(with a reseller one or such.)

$$ - Cloudlinux.

Thanked by 1zmeu
  • dhmodhmo Member

Openresty is better than nginx as I know soooo

• zmeuzmeu Member

Has anyone else noticed that he used to start discussions on the same questions but with a different Title each time? I wonder if he's trolling or simply trying to boost his forum. :)

• dhmodhmo Member

@zmeu said:
    Has anyone else noticed that he used to start discussions on the same questions but with a different Title each time? I wonder if he's trolling or simply trying to boost his forum. :)

Because most of case No one answered.
    Or I do not get answer that I was asking for.
    Example: I ask How to create my own panel, someone replied use existing one.

I guess the actuall troller is someone doesn't answer to question and just reply for annoying me.

• emghemgh Member

Easiest would probably be using Assembly

• dhmodhmo Member

Assembly, I see It's good programming langu.....
    WHAt!?

• dhmodhmo Member

@WhiteRoseG said:
    Bro stop opening threads !

You are disturbing me 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• dhmodhmo Member

I see LET has many toxic people like you

• AndruAndru Member

Stop asking here, this is the first and the most important step.

• dhmodhmo Member

Why

• Just make 1 thread for all your questions.

Thanked by 2zmeu Plioser
  • ailiceailice Member

How they seperate customers environment securely.

There plenty way to-do it, but mostly time right now was using docker or virtualization at general. There also on linux space like chroot or user namespaces worth to find out. If you want make one, HestiaCP Source code probably best choice too lookup for how to make your own panel.

How they limit the resource allow customer to use.

Docker has painless functionality for this, and there systemd resource-control which worth to try.

As other guy mention here and past thread(s), you could tried make it first rather asking generic answer which could be answered by Search engine or ChatGPT at the moment.
    There also plenty open source control panel you can lookup and see the inside, and its free!

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@dhmo said:
    Openresty is better than nginx as I know soooo

OLS should be able to handle it at default, why nginx/openresty?

Indeed, as many people said, stop making threads.

If you really want help/advice, chat with us on LET Discord, or you can even PM me.

• totototototo Member

If you truly want valuable advice, you should pay consulting fees to professionals. That said, you often receive useful advice (often with jokes) from people here on LET.

• MadMad Member

oh gosh here we go again....
    I got few more titles you may use for your next threads:

1. What's the best free open source billing system?
    2. What server specs would you suggest?
    3. What's the best free outstanding control panel out there?
    4. WHMCS, Blesta or ClientExec?
    5. Have you ever used Blesta? Is it good?

So thrilled to see them asap

• amarcamarc Veteran

Bro wants to make competitor to multi-million worth companies while can't afford $5 per month.

Best advice: find a girl (or boy) get in love.. or get interest in sports or similar. Hosting is not for you.

• dhmodhmo Member

@ailice said:

How they seperate customers environment securely.

There plenty way to-do it, but mostly time right now was using docker or virtualization at general. There also on linux space like chroot or user namespaces worth to find out. If you want make one, HestiaCP Source code probably best choice too lookup for how to make your own panel.

How they limit the resource allow customer to use.

Docker has painless functionality for this, and there systemd resource-control which worth to try.

As other guy mention here and past thread(s), you could tried make it first rather asking generic answer which could be answered by Search engine or ChatGPT at the moment.
    There also plenty open source control panel you can lookup and see the inside, and its free!

Ty ♥

• dhmodhmo Member

@Mad said:
    oh gosh here we go again....
    I got few more titles you may use for your next threads:

1. What's the best free open source billing system?
    2. What server specs would you suggest?
    3. What's the best free outstanding control panel out there?
    4. WHMCS, Blesta or ClientExec?
    5. Have you ever used Blesta? Is it good?

So thrilled to see them asap

1. Paymenter I think 🤣
    2. Well I will use server with case by case and upgrade always if need So
    3. Cloudron.
    4. Blesta
    5. Yes My friend did, looks very good.

I only open thread that only I need answer.
    So please do not reply if you are only here to annoying me.
    So thanks to friends who answer for me ♥

• Your LowEndSupport bill will be available at the end of every month.

Thank you for choosing us!

• dhmodhmo Member

@amarc said:
    Bro wants to make competitor to multi-million worth companies while can't afford $5 per month.

Best advice: find a girl (or boy) get in love.. or get interest in sports or similar. Hosting is not for you.

Are you talking about earning from panel.
    I am not need it, I just wanna create better and free thing

• MadMad Member

@dhmo said:

So please do not reply if you are only here to annoying me.

It's not that different from what you're doing to us with your silly and repetitive questions, I'm just returning the favor :)

Thanked by 2sasslik Plioser
  • @dhmo said:

@zmeu said:

Because most of case No one answered.
    Or I do not get answer that I was asking for.
    Example: I ask How to create my own panel, someone replied use existing one.

I guess the actuall troller is someone doesn't answer to question and just reply for annoying me.

if you wanted to create your own, code it yourself.. you can use existing open source ones as reference. have you ever thought about using chatgpt or google before you ask these kind of questions? these threads are redundant imo.

• if there's no answer that you are looking for then seek professional help, simple as that

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • Have a look at OpenPanel - fairly easy installation:
    https://openpanel.co/docs/admin/intro/#installation

• edited April 9

You do some research and then you program it. If you can't do this yourself pay someone to do it for you.

/thread

• MoopahMoopah Member

You'll need to focus on the security aspects as well since this is a Panel Software. A single vulnerability can result in a catastrophic breach.

• zmeuzmeu Member

Seems legit for me.

Thanked by 3sasslik rsk dahartigan
  • @zmeu said:
    Seems legit for me.

Asking doesn't cost you anything, right?

Thanked by 1zmeu
  • sivesive Member, Host Rep

@FatGrizzly said: virtfs or bubblewrap or cagefs($$)

I think you can also use CHRoot and namespaces can do something similar.

If he needs all this he will have to learn some laravel or nextJS along with some training as a sysadmin. I think that web hosting for primarily php sites is probably bad business. Much better time using containerd to build a new kind of web hosting and put a new spin on it. you can still allow people to upload files or containers and give them a isoloated filesystem on the host machine.