Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Auction - April 2024 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server Auction - April 2024

Comments

• shruubshruub Member

@mailseeker said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    1 - BIN
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

What is BIN ? auction closed ?

Basically yeah. I think it stands for Buy it now, so somebody just paid 37 dollaridos and took the server.

Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@mailseeker said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    1 - BIN
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Someone paid asking price for the "Server #1".
    Server #2 is still under auction.

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:

@mailseeker said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    1 - BIN
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Who BIN? I don't see it anywhere in here.

edited April 9

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@mailseeker said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    1 - BIN
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Someone on the website. Not sure if they are here or not.

Current stats
    1 - BIN anon/user
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

• Maelstrom36Maelstrom36 Member
    edited April 9

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@mailseeker said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    1 - BIN
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Current stats
    1 - BIN anon/user
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Don't take this the wrong way but if you are selling the server here, it shouldn't be available somewhere else. At the very least, not the same stock, since this is an auction. So what if someone BIN here and also someone else buying it on your website? Which one will you honor?

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
    edited April 9

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@mailseeker said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    1 - BIN
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Current stats
    1 - BIN anon/user
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Don't take this the wrong way but if you are selling the server here, it shouldn't be available somewhere else. At the very least, not the same stock, since this is an auction. So what if someone BIN here and also someone else buying it on your website? Which one will you honor?

Whatever order comes in first. (timestamp)
    But in this case. I had mentioned it here that a person had made BIN right away.
    Lets see what the master of auction says how should handle this.

@DP any rules on this?

Thanked by 1shruub
  • @DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@mailseeker said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    1 - BIN
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Current stats
    1 - BIN anon/user
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

But in this case. I had mentioned it here that a person had made BIN right away.

@DP any rules on this?

It would have been better if it had been clearly communicated that the server being auctioned is the only one in stock and it is also available on the website concurrently, so it will be a first come first served. Perhaps it's just my interpretation, but I had the impression that the servers in this auction were exclusive.

• shruubshruub Member

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@mailseeker said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    1 - BIN
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Current stats
    1 - BIN anon/user
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

@DP any rules on this?

It would have been better if it had been clearly communicated that the server being auctioned is the only one in stock and it is also available on the website concurrently, so it will be a first come first served. Perhaps it's just my interpretation, but I had the impression that the servers in this auction were exclusive.

I did kind of understand it in the "right" way tbh. Like a BIN indicates to me that it is only one in stock, and those who don't want to try to get a little better of a price, can just buy this one server. But yeah, it could be missunderstood.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@mailseeker said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    1 - BIN
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Current stats
    1 - BIN anon/user
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

@DP any rules on this?

No need to be sour about this. The BIN clearly included a purchase link, so it was clear that it was listed on the website.

Thanked by 1shruub
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@mailseeker said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    1 - BIN
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

As per OP

Auction End Date & Time:
    Friday, 15 April 2024, 12:00:00 (Central)

• JosephFJosephF Member

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@mailseeker said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    1 - BIN
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Current stats
    1 - BIN anon/user
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Which website?

• edited April 9

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@mailseeker said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    1 - BIN
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Current stats
    1 - BIN anon/user
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

@DP any rules on this?

Not only this but without wanting to accuse OP of anything this kind of parallel sales opens a lot of room for deception. Server didn't reach a profitable margin? No problem, just have some "anon/user" "BIN" it out of nowhere! In my opinion if something is auctioned here it should also be sold here. Exceptions will just be exploited by scummy vendors rather sooner than later.

Thanked by 2caracal CasualCanvas
  • @MrRadic said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@mailseeker said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    1 - BIN
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

Current stats
    1 - BIN anon/user
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

@DP any rules on this?

No need to be sour about this. The BIN clearly included a purchase link, so it was clear that it was listed on the website.

I'm not being 'sour' about this, but just to clarify, I don't have any personal issues with the OP, however, I do believe it would have been beneficial for everyone if it had been made clear from the outset that there's only one in stock. Furthermore, it is also worth mentioning that the server isn't exclusively available through the auction as it's also available for purchase through the website by others who may not be from the forum and know nothing about the auction, thus making it clear that the auction for the server on the forum could be prematurely ended if that were to happen.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • 1-26

• eldrickeldrick Member

@Maelstrom36 said:

I'm not being 'sour' about this, but just to clarify, I don't have any personal issues with the OP, however, I do believe it would have been beneficial for everyone if it had been made clear from the outset that there's only one in stock. Furthermore, it is also worth mentioning that the server isn't exclusively available through the auction as it's also available for purchase through the website by others who may not be from the forum and know nothing about the auction, thus making it clear that the auction for the server on the forum could be prematurely ended if that were to happen.

Have you never used ebay? You would have a meltdown on there then if you lost your bid to buy it now

Don't act entitled dude

• The only issue I see is deception if its not profitable enough. Josh is a trustworthy person imo so I highly highly doubt he would ever do something like that. But I could see it is possible with less known providers. I don't really care tho tbh. There is sketchier shit that happens on LET almost everyday other than this type of auction lol.

• @eldrick said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

Have you never used ebay? You would have a meltdown on there then if you lost your bid to buy it now

Don't act entitled dude

BIN on eBay is not possible after the first bid, unless this differs by region?

@darkimmortal said:

@eldrick said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

Don't act entitled dude

BIN on eBay is not possible after the first bid, unless this differs by region?

I've personally had items cancelled once auction started due to them being sold. Sometimes people just forget that the item was listed.
    But in this case. The URL was posted to the item and could have been sold to anyone.
    Anyways. I'll make a post next time saying that it is possible to be sold on the site it self as well.

@johndeo983 Server #1 was BIN

Current Stats

1 - BIN anon/user
    2 - $13 @mailseeker

• RoldanRoldan Member

Server #2 $14

• Server #2 15

• webontopwebontop Member
    edited April 11

Server #2 $16

• Server #2 $17

• o2crewo2crew Member

server #2 20

• Do you like these Server Auctions

yes

• FreekFreek Member

Don't forget the Crypto Activities Fee® MSRP $99.00 USD

• xvpsxvps Member

I like the server auction concept and hope to see more, but the bidding outside the thread is a bad idea.

I will recommend to follow the domain auction rule:
    All bids must be public and made in the domain auction thread.

edited April 12

@xvps said:
    I like the server auction concept and hope to see more, but the bidding outside the thread is a bad idea.

I will recommend to follow the domain auction rule:
    All bids must be public and made in the domain auction thread.

There has been no bidding outside the thread.
    Just like domains. People can do BIN. In this case they were anon.

Current Stats
    @o2crew winning so far with $20 for Server #2.

• xvpsxvps Member
    edited April 12

Buying at BIN outside the thread is the same as bidding outside the thread.

If I write BIN in the thread as you normally do in auctions on LET, somebody else can still buy the server on your website. That is not fair and transparent terms.