Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hypervisors in us while master/cp and web server in eu
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hypervisors in us while master/cp and web server in eu

yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

I am trying to get vps clients in the us and eu with those geological settings if possible.
*I do not have resources for multiple locations settings yet.
Have anyone had this setting for vps sales and how did it work? Or does it work at all? Will the lag be problematic for today's fast internet?

Comments

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@yongsiklee said:
    I am trying to get vps clients in the us and eu with those geological settings if possible.
    Have anyone had this setting for vps sales and how did it work? Or does it work at all? Will the lag be problematic for today's fast internet?

Maser/Control Panel doesn't need the kind of crazy "10ms or refund" connectivity tier. It just needs to be stable and secure. I probably wouldn't advise being >200ms if you can control it but it's really not that noticeable to the end user building a VM or standard operations. Is anyone going to notice the extra 200ms when installing Debian? Unlikely. Most people don't touch your control panel as soon as the VM is built and running.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I wish to add that the actual "work" the setup does is on the slaves anyway, the master only issues the commands.
    Now, if you have bad connectivity (not regarding the ping, but the actual pipe throughput, which should never happen between serious datacenters in a normal (not oversold) connection), then there would be some delays regarding syncing of templates, ISOs, migrations (if you have or plan to implement that), back-ups (if not local) and many other minutiae, but the ping should not be an issue.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

Lag can be visible only in VNC rescue. But from the other side, having multiple control panels for 1 hosting website is not worth it.

Thanked by 2yongsiklee tentor
  • @yongsiklee said:

Offering VPS servers in multiple locations can help attract clients in the US and EU, but lag could still be an issue for some users. Make sure your servers are optimized for fast internet speeds to minimize any potential issues.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee