Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

COLBYLICIOUSCOLBYLICIOUS Member
edited April 7 in Outages

Seems like their website doesn't work, same for my dedicated server and their status page is kinda red.

Thanked by 1dogemeister

Comments

• dogemeisterdogemeister Member
    edited April 7

Same here. Surprised the site is down, too, even with the status page listing it as up.
    Status page says "Under Maintenance." No warning about it, though.
    April news email spoke of an "enhanced Network Manager." I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

• niranjanniranjan Member

DeadNode?

Thanked by 1WhiteRoseG
  • For those who have been using the service longer than me, is this normal? Last Friday around 21:00, it was also down, and I couldn't connect to the VPS at all. Today, around 11:00, it went down again.

It's my first month with the VPS, so I'm wondering if this is a recurring issue throughout the year or if it's just a cluster of problems happening now.

• @guidipolito here's an email we got a few weeks ago:

Today 3/13/2024 at 1:11 PM CST (GMT-5) we experienced a network outage
    related to a failure of one of our core routers. Our team quickly responded
    at our facility and successfully recovered our network as of 3/13/2024 at
    3:50 PM CST (GMT-5).

Per our SLA we will be issuing all current customers with a paid active
    subscription with account credit in the amount of 10% of your monthly
    subscription amount.

All credit will be issued within 48 hours, you do not need to open a ticket
    or request the credit.

haven't been with them that long but since then things have been smooth for me.

Thanked by 1guidipolito
  • mine's back up now.

• DartNodeDartNode Member, Patron Provider

Hey y'all,

We had a total outage today. We're looking into what the root cause was. We have our engineers on site at the moment.

Our datacenter has been doing power/generator maintenance pretty heavily the past few days and it seems like there was some sort of disruption to our edge routing system. Whether it's related to the power issues, or poor timing is still TBD.

We do apologize for the lack of communication - given that the outage started on a Sunday morning we were on a bit of a skeleton crew, which is why that piece was missing.

All SLA credits will be automatically issued to our customers, you will be able to see it in your account credit on the control panel within 24 hours. There will also be an email sent to all customers once we have more information on the root of the outage, and the steps taken to prevent this from happening in the future.

We apologize for any inconvenience and disruption this may have caused to our customers.

As to our site being down - we just recently moved it onto the same network due to complaints from customers about loading times in certain regions. The change seemed to have fixed it, but customers being unable to access our site during an outage is an unacceptable consequence - another topic we will be revisiting internally to find an alternative solution. We apologize for our shortsightedness (and maybe a tad bit of arrogance - due to our typical stability).

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

-Adam

• Down again ? website is down

• DartNodeDartNode Member, Patron Provider

@mailseeker said:
    Down again ? website is down

Hi!

We sent out an email to all customers - We have a scheduled maintenance window tonight - we are making upgrades on our edge routing side of things.

This is in response to our outage on Sunday - we are working hard to prevent it, and are taking it very seriously.

-Adam

• Didn't get an email or a notification of credit.