Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any IPV6 Tunnelbroker located in the netherlands
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any IPV6 Tunnelbroker located in the netherlands

d2411d2411 Member

I am looking for a ipv6 tunnelbroker located in the netherlands ?
Most of the free tunnels are dead now.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

HE isn't dead.

Thanked by 3Porlam Ganonk o202
  • @DP said:
    HE isn't dead.

It even has locations in Amsterdam. I see possibilities.

• d2411d2411 Member

yeah but they are completely full.

@d2411 said:
    yeah but they are completely full.

You'll have to check every now and then.

It wasn't when I responded to this thread earlier.

• @d2411 said:
    I am looking for a ipv6 tunnelbroker located in the netherlands ?
    Most of the free tunnels are dead now.

One option is Hurricane Electric, which offers a free IPv6 tunnelbroker service with servers located in the Netherlands. Another option is Tunnelbroker.net, which also provides free IPv6 tunnel services with servers in the Netherlands.

• cmeerwcmeerw Member

@greenhost_cloud said: One option is Hurricane Electric, which offers a free IPv6 tunnelbroker service with servers located in the Netherlands.
    Another option is Tunnelbroker.net, which also provides free IPv6 tunnel services with servers in the Netherlands.

Which one to choose between these two options then? :smiley:

• MumblyMumbly Member

@greenhost_cloud said: One option is Hurricane Electric, which offers a free IPv6 tunnelbroker service with servers located in the Netherlands. Another option is Tunnelbroker.net, which also provides free IPv6 tunnel services with servers in the Netherlands.

You're joking, right? :)

• Get a vps with ipv6 and install openvpn

@Mumbly said:

@greenhost_cloud said: One option is Hurricane Electric, which offers a free IPv6 tunnelbroker service with servers located in the Netherlands. Another option is Tunnelbroker.net, which also provides free IPv6 tunnel services with servers in the Netherlands.

You're joking, right? :)

You should've asked how and where do I sign up for Hurricane Electric's IPv6 tunnel broker service :smiley:

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@DP said:
    HE isn't dead.

The only problem with HE's service (but it is a fairly big problem) is no transit to Cogent, which over the years more and more repositories seem to be using.. Apt doesn't like to fall back to IPv4.

• @kevinds said:

@DP said:
    HE isn't dead.

The only problem with HE's service (but it is a fairly big problem) is no transit to Cogent, which over the years more and more repositories seem to be using.. Apt doesn't like to fall back to IPv4.

Seems isolated to the tunnelbroker service, it performs semi shit but it's very free. I'm not seeing this using their transit (they're the biggest ipv6 still)

Specifically for apt u can apt-get -o Acquire::ForceIPv4=true or add it to /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR
    edited April 8

@lowenduser1 said: I'm not seeing this using their transit (they're the biggest ipv6 still)

I do... Try

ping 2001:550:0:1000::9a19:65

@lowenduser1 said: Specifically for apt u can apt-get -o Acquire::ForceIPv4=true or add it to /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/

Not during an OS install though, otherwise neat.

@lowenduser1 said: it performs semi shit but it's very free

Yeah, I've been using it since 2008.. Starting to turn it off on some hosts though, it is causing more issues than it fixes lately.

It is a fantastic service but you need to be aware of its limitations.