Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMCA ignored image hosting guidance
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMCA ignored image hosting guidance

edited April 6 in Help

Hello friends,
I'm a software engineer looking to build a website that hosts image content that may or may not interfere with DMCA (nothing bad like CP etc ofc).
I can code the website easily, however I'm looking for guidance on how to affordably host the site, fast load times for the content & not get in trouble with DMCA. I expect quite a lot of traffic on the site once it's up. Can I use some sort of CDN?

Is this even possible? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

How do you plan to filter out the unwanted content?

• lzy666lzy666 Member

buyvm

Thanked by 1emg88
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello check our deals

8 GB Ram DDr4 ECC
    4 Dedicated CPU (Intel® Xeon® Gold 6138)
    Nested Virtualization Enabled
    100 GB SSD SAS RAID 10
    rDNS/PTR Record (Ticket for request)
    6 TB Bandwidth/month
    Romania/Hunedoara/Orastie Location
    1 Gbps speed
    Port 25 open permanently
    99.97% Uptime
    1 Dedicated IPv4
    KVM VIrtualization
    Upload own ISO
    Linux or Windows
    Seedbox Allow
    Allow plex or others
    Public torrents Allow
    ADULT Websites Allow
    Web 3.0 / Free Speech Allow
    PayPal,Stripe or (Open ticket on website for crypto)

10$ / month , we IGNORE all DMCA Reports https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-kvm-ssd

Proof > https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/193774/comeso-hollywood-and-warner-brost-hate-me

Regards

Thanked by 1lzy666
  • shruubshruub Member

The proof thread is a certified hood classic.

Also, yeah, for images your fine with some non-western country host or calin and perhaps clownflare if you'd really feel like you need it.

• lzy666lzy666 Member

@Calin said:
    Hello check our deals

8 GB Ram DDr4 ECC
    4 Dedicated CPU (Intel® Xeon® Gold 6138)
    Nested Virtualization Enabled
    100 GB SSD SAS RAID 10
    rDNS/PTR Record (Ticket for request)
    6 TB Bandwidth/month
    Romania/Hunedoara/Orastie Location
    1 Gbps speed
    Port 25 open permanently
    99.97% Uptime
    1 Dedicated IPv4
    KVM VIrtualization
    Upload own ISO
    Linux or Windows
    Seedbox Allow
    Allow plex or others
    Public torrents Allow
    ADULT Websites Allow
    Web 3.0 / Free Speech Allow
    PayPal,Stripe or (Open ticket on website for crypto)

10$ / month , we IGNORE all DMCA Reports https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-kvm-ssd

Proof > https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/193774/comeso-hollywood-and-warner-brost-hate-me

Regards

Have glass or test ip?

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@lzy666 said: Have glass or test ip?

>

Hello try 94.177.106.1 or 89.213.174.1

http://stor-1.ihostart.com/ for download

Regards

Thanked by 1lzy666
  • edited April 6

@plumberg said:
    How do you plan to filter out the unwanted content?

I will employ a team of moderators to check content before allowing it on the site.

@Calin said: 100 GB SSD SAS RAID 10 rDNS/PTR Record (Ticket for request) 6 TB Bandwidth/month

Can I request more storage / bandwith if needed too?

@shruub said: Also, yeah, for images your fine with some non-western country host or calin and perhaps clownflare if you'd really feel like you need it.

I am inclined to go with Calin, but I'm not sure how the performance is in for example USA. Also wouldn't Clownflare take my shit down asap when they find out its dmca??

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • shruubshruub Member

@riesigeBockwurst said:

@shruub said: Also, yeah, for images your fine with some non-western country host or calin and perhaps clownflare if you'd really feel like you need it.

I am inclined to go with Calin, but I'm not sure how the performance is in for example USA. Also wouldn't Clownflare take my shit down asap when they find out its dmca??

iirc they don't see themselfs as lawmakers. They will forward the conplaint but if the host doesnt act, they dont act. That might incorrect though.

Thanked by 1riesigeBockwurst
  • @shruub said:

@riesigeBockwurst said:

iirc they don't see themselfs as lawmakers. They will forward the conplaint but if the host doesnt act, they dont act. That might incorrect though.

You are correct, my friend runs a site that gets many DMCA emails daily, all CF does is forward it to the provider so the end decision will be of the provider in most cases, in Calin's case he doesn't care what content you host.

• So you're launching a image board? Or more like something where we can have private profiles and store our uploads like a photo bucket?

• @ItsAsylum said:
    So you're launching a image board? Or more like something where we can have private profiles and store our uploads like a photo bucket?

It's more like an image board filled with content from artists etc, yeah

• JosephFJosephF Member

@lzy666 said:
    buyvm

Aren't they in the US?

• northernjamesnorthernjames Member, Patron Provider

@JosephF said:

@lzy666 said:
    buyvm

Aren't they in the US?

They also have locations in LUX

Thanked by 1lzy666
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@northernjames said:

@JosephF said:

@lzy666 said:
    buyvm

Aren't they in the US?

But their corporate office is in the US, and presumably would be legally obligated to comply with DMCA.

• ehhthingehhthing Member

One thing you can do is to host the actual images elsewhere and then host the reverse proxy on a DMCA-friendly hoster so all the DMCA reports will go to that provider and all of the images will be safe even if the company ends up dying. As long as you setup MTLS properly it should all work fine.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@JosephF said:

@northernjames said:

@JosephF said:

@lzy666 said:
    buyvm

Aren't they in the US?

But their corporate office is in the US, and presumably would be legally obligated to comply with DMCA.

You would be following Law of the Land, if i am right, if not please correct me.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@JosephF said:

@northernjames said:

@JosephF said:

@lzy666 said:
    buyvm

Aren't they in the US?

You would be following Law of the Land, if i am right, if not please correct me.

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question, but DMCA is a US law. So if a US company received a DMCA demand under the law, it would presumably have to comply with that US law even if their server was physically located outside of the US.

• @anubhavhirani said:

@shruub said:

@riesigeBockwurst said:

You are correct, my friend runs a site that gets many DMCA emails daily, all CF does is forward it to the provider so the end decision will be of the provider in most cases, in Calin's case he doesn't care what content you host.

Hey i have a question, the domain will be registered with tld .party and its bought on cloudflare, will u have problems with DMCA with them then? Should i register somewhere else or what can i do

• @riesigeBockwurst said:

@anubhavhirani said:

@shruub said:

@riesigeBockwurst said:

Hey i have a question, the domain will be registered with tld .party and its bought on cloudflare, will u have problems with DMCA with them then? Should i register somewhere else or what can i do

You should have no problem, my friend gets many DMCA mails and his domain is registered with CF itself, he is even using CF's proxy and pushing 100TB of data per day.

• justaguyjustaguy Member, Host Rep
    edited April 8

https://altrosky.net
    dmca is ignored, you can use cloudflare in front of us too but it's not necessary
    0.5$ a TB

• niranjanniranjan Member

@shruub said:

@riesigeBockwurst said:

No, they disable URLs, one of my page received a DMCA, it's blocked by CF.

• alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

We allow Adult Content in our servers. But we don't allow CP.

You can use our VPS (Limit 100% CPU per 5 minutes)
    https://alexhost.com/vps/

If you will use or need dedicated resources then go with our Dedicated Servers in Europe.
    https://alexhost.com/dedicated-servers/

Anything you can open a ticket support for more info, we can do custom dedicated servers or Colocation if you need.

Kindly Regards,
    Alexhost