Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Ransom Letter - Ongoing attacks - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Ransom Letter - Ongoing attacks

2»

Comments

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 6

@ScreenReader said:

@emgh said:

@terrahost said:
    We haven't seen anything special today. Oh well. :)

I might be ignorant here, but why play with fire? Let’s estimate that it’s 99 % skids with some cheap DDoS service that they’ve subscribed to, but what if it’s not, or what if they now try to increase their attack capabilities to have fun with this thread, or, some completely different actor sees this thread and decides to give it a go?

why not? mentally strong men doesn't afraid of skiddies. and they're confident with their infrastrucutre.

you have nothing to lose yet having L mentality. people need their chicken drama in LET, LET it happen

The ones with something to lose are the clients on their network.

My honest take is that anyone feeling like a cool bad boy fighting against skids are mentally skids themselves. It’s just a lose-lose doing so.

• KrisKris Member

@host_c asked me to chime in here.

TBH, doesn't seem like real FB. Likely a skiddie with some vps at places with very loose or no bcp38...

Have you considered contacting GSL or Path and using Fastnetmon integration to scrub when needed? It's an open source project but the owner and writer is amazingly friendly and willing to help, the commercial version is worth it's weight in gold.

Instead of sending a null-route upstream it can mitigate only when the kids are slapping, so you don't have extra overhead all the time.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • LeviLevi Member

@Kris said:

TBH, doesn't seem like real FB. Likely a skiddie with some vps at places with very loose or no bcp38...

Have you considered contacting GSL or Path and using Fastnetmon integration to scrub when needed? It's an open source project but the owner and writer is amazingly friendly and willing to help, the commercial version is worth it's weight in gold.

Instead of sending a null-route upstream it can mitigate only when the kids are slapping, so you don't have extra overhead all the time.

Path.net is not desired in this community. Don’t mention them anymore. Thank you.

Thanked by 2sasslik ChrisMiller
  • @Levi said:

@Kris said:

Path.net is not desired in this community. Don’t mention them anymore. Thank you.

When i hear people going community this and community that i always get flashbacks to when i was 16 and some kid just kept on talking about their 31337 counterstrike clan.

• coldcold Member

is Fancy bear the brother of Pedo bear ?

Thanked by 2kait sasslik
  • @emgh said:

@terrahost said:
    We haven't seen anything special today. Oh well. :)

I might be ignorant here, but why play with fire? Let’s estimate that it’s 99 % skids with some cheap DDoS service that they’ve subscribed to, but what if it’s not, or what if they now try to increase their attack capabilities to have fun with this thread, or, some completely different actor sees this thread and decides to give it a go?

Again, maybe I’m ignorant, but as I see it, this thread is provocative and when getting attacked, there’s always a risk of clients seeing some sort of impact.

Not to say one should pay, I wouldn’t.

Safe to say terrahost had their fair share of fun in the past already, made them stronger.

attacks beyond that is over 9000 power level at least

• SalmonBrandonSalmonBrandon Member, Patron Provider

Wish you all the best. Stay strong. I would also pay attention to any potential cyber attacks. Since the post can be seen by everyone, there might be other malicious actors who notice this post and try to infiltrate your system while you are busy dealing with ddos. Maybe I’m over-worrying, but better be safe than sorry.