Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mail server

I am looking for a mail server other than mxroute if anyone can help me with an offer. Because I feel like mxroute is not like it used to be, lots of emails don't come through and tickets don't get answered

Thanks

Comments

• amarcamarc Veteran

Are you sending Spam ? Why would it need to be "Mxroute alike" (ie. mail only provider). What's wrong with own Mailcow instance on VPS or paying someone set upping email server ?

• @amarc said:
    Are you sending Spam ? Why would it need to be "Mxroute alike" (ie. mail only provider). What's wrong with own Mailcow instance on VPS or paying someone set upping email server ?

No spam, Just a normal company email, sir.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@cangkirhost What emails aren't coming through on you MXRoute account?

• @JosephF said:

@JosephF said:

Email the garment and logistics company, sir.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@cangkirhost said:

@JosephF said:

@JosephF said:

I didn't understand your answer.

• @JosephF said:

@cangkirhost said:

@JosephF said:

@JosephF said:

Mail that doesn't arrive, such as invoice notifications, notification of goods delivery schedules, from customer emails, etc

• JosephFJosephF Member

@cangkirhost said:

@JosephF said:

@cangkirhost said:

@JosephF said:

@JosephF said:

Mail that doesn't arrive, such as invoice notifications, notification of goods delivery schedules, from customer emails, etc

Is this problem primarily from one, or a small number of, senders?

• nick_nick_ Member

I can recommend Purelymail which costs $10/year as an alternative.

• nyamenknyamenk Member

Coba inbox.eu om

• HosmaticHosmatic Member, Host Rep
    edited April 4

Our mailcow plans start at 0€/month recurring (identity check required).

https://www.hosmatic.com/p/mailserver

• zoho mail it's cheap and work fine

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@cangkirhost said: Just a normal company email

How much are you willing to spend and how many users do you have? For a company I'd probably stick with a provider like Fastmail ($5/month or $50/year per user) or Microsoft 365 ($6/user/month, but that also includes 1TB OneDrive storage per user). Pricing may be different in your country.

Running your own mail server is one approach too (I've been running my own Mailcow server for probably 3-4 years now) but then you take on the maintenance burden, and email servers can be a bit of a pain to deal with.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 6

There's some frustration over SpamAssassin that I am thinking about quite a bit. Just some disorganized points that makes sense to at least some people:

• I default every account to rejecting email at SA score 50. This effectively only blocks what I want to always be blocked (known phishing campaigns, for example)

• DirectAdmin lists score severity shortcut options that aren't in line with my scoring, and will always trigger false positives (ex. Considering a 15 a "high" score when I consider it low enough to cause false positives)

• If I lower my scores and my defaults to fall more in line with DA's severity claims (low to high, 5-15) then every other SA rule becomes too relevant including ones that I don't write and that get added with updates by the SA devs.

No one with my default spam filter settings should see false positives, it's when users go into DA and turn the scores down that it happens. Presently this is the lowest severity problem I can cause with the variables in front of me. Every move on the board causes more frustration and complaints rather than less. So I need to add a new corner to the chess board and change the game, but that's not an overnight thing and there are a lot of other things users want as well.

Presently I recommend settings of dropping spam that scores a 25 or higher on MXroute. These are the settings I personally use and I never miss an email. I do get a lot of spam, but spam is changing with AI and that's the best I can do with open source tools right now. On one side I have people angrily demanding that I reduce spam, on the other side I have people angrily demanding that I reject less/no email. This will be my story forever I imagine, there can never be a balance because spam will never be a simple problem.