Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ConvoyPanel a Proxmox Center management panel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ConvoyPanel a Proxmox Center management panel

XSXXSX Member, Host Rep
edited April 3 in General

Recently I installed and used ConvoyPanel, a Proxmox panel developed by Laravel.
very good.

It’s just that there are still many functional deficiencies for commercial sales of vps.

Project of github https://github.com/ConvoyPanel/panel/

Since I don't know how to php code, I hope some phpers can join this project.

Thanked by 1atharva

Comments

• sh97sh97 Member

@Advin uses this commercially on production

• LeviLevi Member

Why someone need a panel on top of another panel? Seems redundant.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

Does it support Proxmox (LXC) containers too?

• @BasToTheMax said:
    Does it support Proxmox (LXC) containers too?

Probably not. "container-based servers are out of our scope because of our heavy focus on KVM server management"

• @sh97 said:

yup

• emghemgh Member

I’ve looked into it (very quickly, never installed it.)

Looks decent and I do like Laravel. But, I won’t make the change to save a few bucks until VirtFusion is causing me major issues, just not worth it. If I was starting fresh, I might have given it a try

• emghemgh Member

An alternative is HostBill with their Proxmox integration, for commercial selling that is

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep

@Levi said:

We have a large IP addresses and nodes that require centralized management and distribution.
    Also consider the balance of each node.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Convoy is developed by Laravel ?
    or its using Laravel ?

• sassliksasslik Member

@Saahib said:
    Convoy is developed by Laravel ?
    or its using Laravel ?

It's built with PHP/Laravel and React.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@Levi said:

So, there are a lot of missing features out of the box for the client/end user in proxmox. Convoy provides more self-service tools/options/features that can sit on top of proxmox, and they offer other goodies like templates, etc.

I would say both products complement each other, if used for vps hosting services which require clients to self manage their servers.

• LeviLevi Member

@rsk said:

@Levi said:

So, there are a lot of missing features out of the box for the client/end user in proxmox. Convoy provides more self-service tools/options/features that can sit on top of proxmox, and they offer other goodies like templates, etc.

I would say both products complement each other, if used for vps hosting services which require clients to self manage their servers.

Are you saying that proxmox api is not implemented 100% in their own UI? Or that third parties add value with additional finction/scripts to proxmox api?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@rsk said:

@Levi said:

What, they use the Proxmox API, means they offer the same features.
    The UI looks nice yea, way more user friendly.

Templates what you mention as a feature, Proxmox has that too.
    However, it uses the create VM/Container in Proxmox, if you would give that to an end user, means he would be able to create infinite amount of VM's.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 10

@Neoon said:
    Templates what you mention as a feature, Proxmox has that too.
    However, it uses the create VM/Container in Proxmox, if you would give that to an end user, means he would be able to create infinite amount of VM's.

@Levi said:

The idea of Convoy is to be an easy control panel to give people secure access to control and manage virtual machines, not to act as a complete replacement to the Proxmox interface itself.

Proxmox does allow you to create accounts with limited permissions, but the interface is not intuitive enough and the permissions are not strict enough.

For example, if you gave a client access to their VM over the Proxmox interface, it's not possible for a client to initiate a reinstallation unless they have permissions to clone virtual machines, modify virtual machine specifications, and modify firewall rules. Alternatively, they could maybe install it with an ISO, but that's also not easy or convenient at all. Add to the fact that all virtual machines need to be created manually, with a complex API.

Convoy simplifies everything, giving a very simplified control panel to users that allows for added functionality that makes managing and creating virtual machines far easier. Some added functionality includes one click reinstallations for KVM virtual machines, bandwidth limiting, IP management, and more. The API is also extremely easy to integrate into existing systems or billing panels.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 10

@sh97 said:

Yes, it's been great. I was also a very early developer on the project, but had to leave due to lack of time. We haven't ran into too many issues. Almost all of the problems we've faced in the past have usually been with Proxmox itself (i.e. bugs with the Proxmox API) or with the custom integration we have with our own IPAM outside of Convoy. It's been scalable and robust, even across lots of virtual machines.

We used to use both Virtualizor, and then ModulesGarden, both of which had many problems and had an atrocious implementation that frequently caused a lot of errors.

• JWTokenJWToken Member

Hey guys! I'm Eric, the dev for Convoy Panel. I'm so glad to see Convoy talked about online!!

For one, the lack of feature parity with other competing panels is an issue. I'm currently working on a UI overhaul because the UI has been making it hard to implement new features. The UI overhaul has also been a little slow since I'm trying to come up with a new design that is intuitive and scalable.

Also, Convoy isn't the only project that I work on. I'm also a researcher at a biomedical research institution, so I've been balancing all my projects. But don't worry, I enjoy working on Convoy, and it makes me happy when I see others discussing about it!

Let me know if you guys got any questions!! :)

Thanked by 2vpsGOD Freek