Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ripe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ripe

pedalapedala Member

Hello LET! I kindly ask someone who has done this before to tell me the simplified procedure. I have a RIPE account, a sponsored ASN (purchased), and a /40 leased on that account which is in my name. I would like to transfer the account to another person/company, but I'm not sure what the simplest procedure is, either by editing the name or by transferring it to another name. I've seen that there are some procedures, but I'm not sure.

Comments

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

You need to complete a Resource Transfer Agreement with your sponsoring LIR, as you cannot simply edit the ORG that owns the resource.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@pedala said:
    Hello LET! I kindly ask someone who has done this before to tell me the simplified procedure. I have a RIPE account, a sponsored ASN (purchased), and a /40 leased on that account which is in my name. I would like to transfer the account to another person/company, but I'm not sure what the simplest procedure is, either by editing the name or by transferring it to another name. I've seen that there are some procedures, but I'm not sure.

for the AS-Number that is a provider independent resource. It can be transferred between end-users. This means the receiving party needs to create an ORG object in the ripe-db for themselves. Both of you have to fill out resource transfer agreement from ripe. Then its easiest to have it filed by your sponsoring LIR. Please keep in mind that the Organization receiving the AS-Number will also need a sponsoring LIR (can be the same as your current one).

Once everything is in order the AS-Number will be removed from your organization and attached to the one of the receiving party.

Regarding your statement of "the /40 leased on that account". This is presumably a PA resource. So you will have to talk to the organization that is giving it to you. They may or may not enter into a contract with the party receiving your AS-Number via transfer.

I hope this helps clear up the process.

Kind Regards

• pedalapedala Member

Thank you very much !

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

If you or they need a sponsoring LIR, let me know.
    :)

• @pedala said:

You can transfer the RIPE account by updating the contact details in the RIPE database. Contact the RIPE NCC directly for assistance with the transfer process.

• bbn12bbn12 Member

why do you need to transfer? ipv6 is almost free, 4 byte ASNs the same.... I would think you will need to renumber IP space for customers and that's the most problematic.... ?