Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Specific IP Address
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Specific IP Address

shaqeelshaqeel Member

Hi,

I was working with one VPS hosting company that suddenly announced the datacenter migration and switched the VPS IP, now the problem is that the old IP is associated with a crucial account and I cannot change it without prior notice.

I need the same IP somehow, Any expert who can help me in that case would be appreciated. will share IP and hosting company information on private msg if needed.

Thanks

Comments

• kaitkait Member
    edited April 2

You're fucked.

Never rely on something you have no ownership or contract over.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Only your provider, or whoever that owns the block, can help you.

• cyagoncyagon Member

You're fucked

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • HotmarerHotmarer Member

You can also buy a server from a company that does not check whether the traffic coming from their network is from spoofed IP's.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • matey0matey0 Member

@Hotmarer said:
    You can also buy a server from a company that does not check whether the traffic coming from their network is from spoofed IP's.

That likely wouldn't help since the response wouldn't be routed to the server.

• @Hotmarer said:

cant spoof a three way handshake

OP is fucked

Thanked by 2host_c emgh
  • xvpsxvps Member

The only sane way is to ask the provider to change the IP address connected to the account you can't access.

But you can check if the IP address is being used by somebody else.

If so, you can try to identify the "owner" by analyzing open ports and related services.

If not, you can make an ASN lookup of the IP address and contact the owner of the subnet.

Make a phone call. An email with a request like this will be trashed.

They will most likely ask you to fuck off.

But if you are lucky and they are willing to help, they are going to ask a lot of questions (KYC) and send you a relatively large bill.

• shaqeelshaqeel Member

yeah things are not in good shape anymore,

trying to convince the IP block owner but they shutdown the specific data center building for some reason.

just curious to know what happened to those IPs once the DC is shutdown?

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@shaqeel said:
    yeah things are not in good shape anymore,

trying to convince the IP block owner but they shutdown the specific data center building for some reason.

Depends. Sometimes a provider's DC is just 1-2-3 servers they have colocated in a sneaky dungeon.
    Real DCs don't just shut down like that. So, most probably your provided haven't paid his bills to his provider and he got thrown out.

If you share your provider's name, maybe we can give you a hint on what really could've happen.

Also, should you need a stable service for future, do not hesitate to send me a DM. We really own our IP subnets and can't be taken away from us. :)

• JosephFJosephF Member

If you provide the IP address (except the numbers after the last dot), we can see who owns the IP.

• davidedavide Member
    edited April 2

@shaqeel said:

They will be stored in a safety box for the next 10 years, then resold en masse for x10 profit at the best bidder. IPv6 won't happen :|

Thanked by 1emgh
  • VPN + some static routing maybe? You could VPN to the publicly available address on your new VPS and then set up a static route on your home computer that the next hop for the OLD IP address is the remote end of your VPN. I've never tried this but if it works, it might get you onto that box long enough to get your IP addresses switched over.

• Eiliya2001Eiliya2001 Member
    edited April 2

Try to contact the new owner, you can find it on whois or check-host.net. I'm not sure why you need that specific IP, but if you have concern about your static IP in cryptocurrencies or brokers, you might know that your IP can actually change sometimes, I'll explain in details.
    Let me give an example, Tradingview premium. If someone is really native and working with his phone or something, simcard's ISP an IP and this IP is not static, it changes based on the location or time. The important thing is the Country must not change at all!!!
    I've done this before, I've used to a USA miami vps from revivehost.com and suddenly my server didn't run anymore, I tried to email them and there were no answers until today. So tried to take the risk and migrate to another vps provider and I chose hostvds due to it's cheap prices. The server was in Dallas Texas while the previous was in Miami. Tradingview premium is still working with till today and we're not banned or something!
    The point is that the country **must **stay the same and prefer to select the same county/state or city you were using but if you couldn't (just like me) there might be no trouble but I can't guarantee it. The IP of users can sometimes change as I explained, but be careful next time, you might run in trouble or lose your account.
    Make sure to check your IP in check-host and at whatismyipaddress.com and whois.com before using it, you could try to search "my ip" in google or duckduckgo or any other search engine

Note this !!! : !!!!!! All that I explained was based on the fact that I guessed you might need your static IP for trading or cryptocurrencies or something, but if you have other usage for your static IP I really don't know and ask the support and search about it carefully.

You can also purchase another IP in your IP range like you had 127.0.0.1 then you buy 127.0.0.2 till 255 . This depends on the new owner of the IP but you can find it and get it.

I hope this works for you or anyone reading this, wishing you all the best.

• @shaqeel said:
    Hi,

I was working with one VPS hosting company that suddenly announced the datacenter migration and switched the VPS IP, now the problem is that the old IP is associated with a crucial account and I cannot change it without prior notice.

I need the same IP somehow, Any expert who can help me in that case would be appreciated. will share IP and hosting company information on private msg if needed.

Thanks

I recommend contacting the VPS hosting company and explaining the situation regarding the crucial account associated with the old IP address. They may be able to assist in resolving the issue or provide a workaround solution. Also, consider communicating with the account owner about the IP address change to ensure they are aware of the situation and can make any necessary adjustments.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@shaqeel said:

Contact them and request to purchase the IP block from them (at above retail price since it isn't currently for sale).

shrugs Otherwise you are SoL.

• nocloudnocloud Member

Unless there is a good reason, you should be about to contact the company that holds your account, unless you were using some sort of alias, you should be able to prove your identity and get access back. If the company is UK or EU based, then no problem, outside the EU im not sure.

• @nocloud said:
    Unless there is a good reason, you should be about to contact the company that holds your account, unless you were using some sort of alias, you should be able to prove your identity and get access back. If the company is UK or EU based, then no problem, outside the EU im not sure.

What if the company no longer owns the IP ?

• nocloudnocloud Member

@aakashmishra007 said:

@nocloud said:

What if the company no longer owns the IP ?

I thought the issue was account access, IE, can't log in unless coming from a specific IP.