Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage with Large HDD and a SSD requested
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage with Large HDD and a SSD requested

OstCollectorOstCollector Member
edited April 1 in Requests

Hi, I am looking for a storage server (fine for both KVM VPS and Dedi w/IPMI or similar) with following minimum specs:

CPU: 4 vCPUs

RAM: 8 GiB with ECC

SSD: 240GB

HDD: total 24~32 TB usable with redundancy. Disk performance should match network, and I don't ask for much more HDD perf.
HDD passthrough with 3x12/16TB or 4x10/12TB and redundancy performed myself is also OK.

BW: 100Mbps unmetered. Want to have possibility to have higher BW for bulk transfer (initial in and recovery out) though.

Connectivity: Normal to China.

OS: I want to manually install by FreeBSD ISO (for KVM, this should not be an issue)

Budget: <2.0 USD/TB. I accept up to quarterly billing

Hetzner SX64 has been considered but that model doesn't has a SSD.

Happy to see some offers, or simply suggestions on which providers to look at.

Comments

• shruubshruub Member
    edited April 1

@crunchbits or @Calin ,maybe @layer7 would come to mind. There a probably some hosts I've missed.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for mention @shruub

@OstCollector it's possible give you

4 CPU
    8 GB ram
    80 GB SSD
    32 TB HDD Raid 6
    100 Mbps unmetered

For

107$ / 3 months

Write me on PM if you are interested

Regards

• NanjaNanja Member
    edited April 1

@NetDynamics24

They have a plan in your budget, 240GB SSD and 3x12 HDD on their website.

As for the "Connectivity: Normal to China." I don't know, maybe they will comment better.

• OstCollectorOstCollector Member
    edited April 1

@Nanja said:
    @NetDynamics24

They have a plan in your budget, 240GB SSD and 3x12 HDD on their website.

As for the "Connectivity: Normal to China." I don't know, maybe they will comment better.

Well, I forgot to mention that I need the memory be ECC-protected, which NetDynamics24 does not provide on that model.

I need ECC and large SSD since I plan to use ZFS with special vdev.

• Smith42Smith42 Member

You could check into Clouvider and Leaseweb as well. I've had no issues with connectivity to China on both.

Thanked by 1OstCollector
  • layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@OstCollector said:
    Hi, I am looking for a storage server (fine for both KVM VPS and Dedi w/IPMI or similar) with following minimum specs:

CPU: 4 vCPUs

RAM: 8 GiB with ECC

SSD: 240GB

HDD: total 24~32 TB usable with redundancy. Disk performance should match network, and I don't ask for much more HDD perf.
    HDD passthrough with 3x12/16TB or 4x10/12TB and redundancy performed myself is also OK.

BW: 100Mbps unmetered. Want to have possibility to have higher BW for bulk transfer (initial in and recovery out) though.

Connectivity: Normal to China.

OS: I want to manually install by FreeBSD ISO (for KVM, this should not be an issue)

Budget: <2.0 USD/TB. I accept up to quarterly billing

Hetzner SX64 has been considered but that model doesn't has a SSD.

Happy to see some offers, or simply suggestions on which providers to look at.

Hi,

4x CPU
    240 GB NVMe ( 50k IOPS, 250 MB/s BW )
    24 TB ( 3x 8 TB )
    1x IPv4 / IPv6
    8 GB RAM REG ECC
    2.5 Gbit/s Port incl. 50 TB Traffic

= 59,- EUR / month or 159,- EUR / quater

with 30 TB ( 3x 10 TB )

= 69,- EUR / month or 189,- EUR / quater

Serverlocation: Germany - Frankfurt/Main

• sh97sh97 Member

Specs (other than storage) more than your needs, but check the @crunchbits storage plan.

It's currently out of stock tho, keep an eye on it.

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Thanks @shruub and @sh97 -- @OstCollector if interested let me know. Constantly adding units and usually don't stock the 32TB too often as the smaller ones have more demand, but I can change that if you need it.

It's all ECC RAM, E5 v4 based CPU, plenty of bandwidth and if you want to check our connectivity to China head over to: https://crunchbits.com/network/lg using our "Spokane, WA" location (West USA).

You're also encroaching on private dedi territory around that $90-100/m mark too, so that is an option (you'll be handling redundancy/management/monitoring yourself on 3-4x HDD). Drop me a message or open a ticket if any of them interest you, happy to discuss.

Thanked by 1OstCollector