Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BorgBase World Backup Day: 30% Off for New Users, 10 GB Free Forever 🤗
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BorgBase World Backup Day: 30% Off for New Users, 10 GB Free Forever 🤗

m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2 in Offers

Time to check on your backups, everyone. Accidents happen 🔥, providers dead-pool 💀. You want to keep your data. 😇

BorgBase offers simple and secure offsite backups based on Borg, Restic or Rustic:

• Quick to set up with our setup wizard or Ansible role.
  • Alerts on missed backups (email, Pushover, webhooks)
  • Append-only mode to protect existing backups. Every repository in your account is isolated
  • Compression and deduplication to reduce space usage and transfers
  • Your data is encrypted locally and we never see its contents
  • EU or US storage location

To celebrate World Backup Day, we are offering 30% off all standard plans for new users, who never had a paid plan. Just use code WBDN24 during checkout.

Available plans: (prices after discount)

Free Plan, 10 GB: free forever
Small Plan, 250 GB: $16.8/year
Medium Plan, 1 TB: $56/year
Large Plan, 2 TB: $105/year

All plans come with a flexible quota, you can use as needed for peak usage. We can also offer custom plans or managed servers for even greater storage needs.

Checkout page (login or register first)

For existing users: Let me know how you use the service in the comments and I'll DM you a 20% off coupon for renewal within a few hours.

Other things BorgBase is doing that sets us apart:

• In-house support that will usually help with even the most detailed backup-related questions.
  • We maintain Vorta, an easy-to-use backup client for macOS and Linux.
  • We sponsor the Borg project itself and will match any donation you make to the project on our checkout page.
  • We continue to sponsor related projects, like Borgmatic to keep the eco system healthy in the long run.

Happy World Backup Day and always encrypt your backups! 😉

Comments

• ldcloverldclover Member

This is my first time to use restic tool to back up my server data. Usually I use sftp or rsync to back up my data. Just now I tried to back up my VPS server panel data to borgbase, It's easy to use.

Happy World Backup day.

Thanked by 1m4nu
  • shruubshruub Member

Wasn't the day yesterday? Anyways, I know from testing the free version that the service is nice, glws!

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

@shruub said:
    Wasn't the day yesterday? Anyways, I know from testing the free version that the service is nice, glws!

It was, but also coincided with Easter, so I went a day later.

Thanked by 2shruub ordinanceb
  • @m4nu - brilliant!

Thanked by 1m4nu
  • jan2222jan2222 Member

I have been using borgbase for about a year now. The Vortra GUI helped me to overcome my reservation of using borg via command lines. Using Vorta and borgbase I was able to set up my backup in a way that is more familiar to me. It's running smoothly. A test restore to familiarize myself with it has also worked.

@m4nu - Doesn't the small plan include even more storage than listed in the post above?

Thanked by 1m4nu

@jan2222 said:
    @m4nu - Doesn't the small plan include even more storage than listed in the post above?

True. I didn't update this. It's 250 GB since last year.

@jan2222 said: I have been using borgbase for about a year now. The Vortra GUI helped me to overcome my reservation of using borg via command lines. Using Vorta and borgbase I was able to set up my backup in a way that is more familiar to me. It's running smoothly. A test restore to familiarize myself with it has also worked.

That's great to hear. And really what Vorta is about: Having a simple app running in the menu bar and getting the most frequent backup tasks done.

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited April 2

If you need reliable backup space for for example WordPress websites or home assistant, I can recommend Borgbase. It is my secondary backup besides resync.net

What's important to me is that it is possible to set up append-only Borg repos, and that compaction is done server side, because what's a backup worth if it is compromised, for example by an xz backdoor?

Thanked by 3m4nu chitree 0xC7
  • Didn't know you post here, great to see you! I've been using Borgbase to backup several web apps and it works flawlessly 👍

Thanked by 1m4nu
  • elixirelixir Member

Is the discount recurring & does it apply to the " Additional usage" quota as well?

@elixir said:
    Is the discount recurring & does it apply to the " Additional usage" quota as well?

It's recurring in the sense that we do those promos each year. 😀

And no, it doesn't apply to future "Additional usage".

Thanked by 1elixir