Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Verification service SMS for end users
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Verification service SMS for end users

ChievoChievo Member

Which verification SMS would you recommend?
I mean sending to end user a code from mydomain.com number with a code in order to verify it.

I have checked twilio anything better or cheaper? Which is your feedback?

Comments

• matey0matey0 Member

Sorry for the perhaps unrelated question, but why do you want to verify phone numbers?
    If it's for 2FA it's more secure to allow using TOTP apps.

Thanked by 2sillycat Chievo
  • ChievoChievo Member

@matey0 said:
    Sorry for the perhaps unrelated question, but why do you want to verify phone numbers?

Sure not worry.
    A service where the user would receive email+ sms ( obviously not spam) about the service at certain moments not 2FA. People usually elderly are used to SMSes more than checking emails. Open to another options for sure. If they could work better

• matey0matey0 Member

@Chievo said:

@matey0 said:

Sure not worry.
    A service where the user would receive email+ sms ( obviously not spam) about the service at certain moments not 2FA. People usually elderly are used to SMSes more than checking emails. Open to another options for sure. If they could work better

Browser push notifications come to mind: https://developer.chrome.com/blog/push-notifications-on-the-open-web
    But probably not as reliable (if they get a new phone or reinstall the browser they might no longer receive notifications). So I agree that in your case SMS is probably a good option. Haven't had experience with it so can't recommend any specific services.
    Another option would be a Telegram or WhatsApp bot if those kinds of Messagers are popular where you're at.

Thanked by 1Chievo
  • ChievoChievo Member

@matey0 said:

@Chievo said:

@matey0 said:

Sure not worry.

Browser push notifications come to mind: https://developer.chrome.com/blog/push-notifications-on-the-open-web
    But probably not as reliable (if they get a new phone or reinstall the browser they might no longer receive notifications). So I agree that in your case SMS is probably a good option. Haven't had experience with it so can't recommend any specific services.
    Another option would be a Telegram or WhatsApp bot if those kinds of Messagers are popular where you're at.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah SMSes are used to be the golden standart i know there are limited and old fashioned but +60 years old population are used to them. If you speak about notifications telegram or whatsapp yes they could work nicely in more younger generations. It is an option for combination of them
    Many thanks for your opinion/advice!

• jobayerjobayer Member

if your only intention is to verify user and not sending promotional or other sms use google firebase otp service.
    google firebase is reliable and best for otp and you can use it for free (upto the limit, limit depends on several factors).

https://firebase.google.com/docs/auth/web/phone-auth

Thanked by 1Chievo
  • ChievoChievo Member

@jobayer said:
    if your only intention is to verify user and not sending promotional or other sms use google firebase otp service.
    google firebase is reliable and best for otp and you can use it for free (upto the limit, limit depends on several factors).

https://firebase.google.com/docs/auth/web/phone-auth

thanks let s check it out

• I only know country specific solutions other than Twilio but I've been using Twilio as well for a long time (more than five years) and they're definitely prem. Amazing delivery rate (not in SMS Spam "folder"), good API and fast support. I was testing Plivo too, they were good but did not have as many delivery options as Twilio. If it's just for some notification SMS they should be equally suiteable.

Thanked by 1Chievo
  • ChievoChievo Member

@webcraft said:
    I only know country specific solutions other than Twilio but I've been using Twilio as well for a long time (more than five years) and they're definitely prem. Amazing delivery rate (not in SMS Spam "folder"), good API and fast support. I was testing Plivo too, they were good but did not have as many delivery options as Twilio. If it's just for some notification SMS they should be equally suiteable.

Thanks for the feedback. It is really appreciated. I would check Plivo as well.

• Amazon SNS

Thanked by 1Chievo
  • cpsdcpsd Member

I am using Twilio for sending whatsapp to customers, although you have to use templates that they need to approve for any first message to a customer..

Thanked by 1Chievo
  • CalvinCalvin Member

Try Sendbird. Our company eventually moves to a local vendor who is a WhatsApp partner to save more cost.

Thanked by 1Chievo