Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared Hosting Plan Recommendation for a Specific Use Case
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared Hosting Plan Recommendation for a Specific Use Case

HAMSWHAMSW Member

Hello There,

If you had that one person/client that refuses to clean unnecessary/old e-mails (probably just won't bother filtering/going through them so hoards them instead) which leads to huge storage usage (close to 500 gb) and doesn't care about website performance (as long as it's up) which provider/plan would you recommend?

Must have : Reliable Uptime, "Unlimited Storage" & Functional Mail Server within the plan (no blocked mail ports and no bad reputation IPs, won't be used for spam)

Nice to have : OK with doing the migration, EU location & cPanel or DirectAdmin

Doesn't really matter : CPU, RAM & Traffic (minimal usage expected)

Comments

• davidedavide Member
    edited March 31

A storage server for 5€/month, and put a free web panel on it if it's a must.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • HAMSWHAMSW Member

@davide said:
    A storage server for 5€/month, and put a free web panel on it if it's a must.

Any specific provider?

• emghemgh Member

Above makes you a postmaster. If that’s how you’d like to spend your time, you do you.

Otherwise, get a storage VPS and install mailcow and use an external relay. Combine this with cheap web hosting.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • emghemgh Member

Maybe @jar still runs high storage offers and you can skip the VPS altogether.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@emgh said:

MXroute does have high-storage offers, but they cost a bit:

https://accounts.mxroute.com/index.php?/cart/mxroute-large-storage/

@HAMSW said: which leads to huge storage usage (close to 500 gb)

Email storage of that size will cost a bit

Thanked by 1emgh
  • JosephFJosephF Member

What is your budget?

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

@emgh said:
    Above makes you a postmaster. If that’s how you’d like to spend your time, you do you.

Otherwise, get a storage VPS and install mailcow and use an external relay. Combine this with cheap web hosting.

Great suggestion except that mail cow is such a resource hog it would require an 8 gb ram vps with a decent cpu also + the storage that would make an unnecessarily expensive plan

Thanked by 1host_c
  • emghemgh Member

@HAMSW said:

@emgh said:

Great suggestion except that mail cow is such a resource hog it would require an 8 gb ram vps with a decent cpu also + the storage that would make an unnecessarily expensive plan

Induvidual parts of it takes up a lot of RAM and can be disabled if not needed.

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

@angstrom said:

@emgh said:

MXroute does have high-storage offers, but they cost a bit:

https://accounts.mxroute.com/index.php?/cart/mxroute-large-storage/

@HAMSW said: which leads to huge storage usage (close to 500 gb)

Email storage of that size will cost a bit

Asked @jar a simple sales inquiry quite a long time ago and ended up being ignored unfortunately

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Contabo STORAGE VPS 1
    € 4,50 / month

2 vCPU Cores
    3 GB RAM
    800 GB SSD
    200 Mbit/s Port
    32 TB Traffic*
    Unlimited Incoming

Install Virtualmin.com and you're all set !

Good luck !

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

Good recommendation also but I haven't heard anything but bad about Contabo (instability, cpu steal, etc.) even tho the cpu steal wouldn't matter too much I'd rather stay away from a dishonest business and instability is a big no no anyways

• WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited March 31

@HAMSW said:
    Good recommendation also but I haven't heard anything but bad about Contabo (instability, cpu steal, etc.) even tho the cpu steal wouldn't matter too much I'd rather stay away from a dishonest business and instability is a big no no anyways

Yeah youre not looking for performance vps so you should be in the green, for just mail and some website this is more the enough. My Contabo is running pretty solid, but support is non existence so your on your own for that matter.

• WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited March 31

You can also take:

Contabo CLOUD VPS 1
    € 4,50 / month

4 vCPU Cores
    6 GB RAM
    100 GB NVMe
    or 400 GB SSD
    32 TB Traffic*
    Unlimited Incoming

If you need more resources, but if you're more space minded you can better take te above, for mail it should be enough.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

My brother in crane,

Our crate plans are awesome :)

https://namecrane.com/crates-semi-dedicated-hosting

Francisco

• shruubshruub Member

@emgh said:

Hey hey hey, we postmasters have lots of time and fun!
    (except for when we ssh into the mailserver or try to fix IP reputation)

Thanked by 1HAMSW
  • emghemgh Member
    edited April 1

@shruub said: except for when we ssh into the mailserver or try to fix IP reputation always

Thanked by 3shruub host_c HAMSW
  • Strato VPS LINUX VC4-4

4vcore
    4gb ram
    500gb nvme
    Unlimited traffic
    1,000 MBit/s

Price €6 month

There network is pretty good

Thanked by 1HAMSW
  • HAMSWHAMSW Member

@WhiteRoseG said:
    Strato VPS LINUX VC4-4

4vcore
    4gb ram
    500gb nvme
    Unlimited traffic
    1,000 MBit/s

Price €6 month

There network is pretty good

This, @labze and AlphaVPS seem to be the best options, thanks @WhiteRoseG and @dmcasender :smile:

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

@shruub said:

@emgh said:

It's not fun but it's free, it's free but it's not fun, it's fun that it's free but it's not fun (for setup and debug reasons)

• shruubshruub Member

@HAMSW said:

@shruub said:

@emgh said:

It's not fun but it's free, it's free but it's not fun, it's fun that it's free but it's not fun (for setup and debug reasons)

I'm not sure what I've just read, but totally.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2

@HAMSW said:
    Hello There,

If you had that one person/client that refuses to clean unnecessary/old e-mails (probably just won't bother filtering/going through them so hoards them instead) which leads to huge storage usage (close to 500 gb) and doesn't care about website performance (as long as it's up) which provider/plan would you recommend?

Must have : Reliable Uptime, "Unlimited Storage" & Functional Mail Server within the plan (no blocked mail ports and no bad reputation IPs, won't be used for spam)

Nice to have : OK with doing the migration, EU location & cPanel or DirectAdmin

Doesn't really matter : CPU, RAM & Traffic (minimal usage expected)

MyRootPW can help.

I can offer you a custom "Business" Type of webhosting plan with dedicated resources:

1TB Space, 30 Domains, 30 MySQL+30 Postgres Databases, 50 User Accounts, (Details: 2 cpu cores, 4gb memory (guaranteed), Traffic: 5 TB).

Pricing: 25 Euro / Month, excluding VAT.

If you are interested open a Ticket.

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

@shruub said:

@HAMSW said:

@shruub said:

@emgh said:

I'm not sure what I've just read, but totally.

I'm glad you agree :blush: