Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup Easter Egg Checker - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup Easter Egg Checker

2»

Comments

• @ascicode said:
    Why buying there in reference of the deal not the host?
    Im scared of the contract and the issues in 12/24 month. Perhaps some transfer or removal problems.

buying domains on a monthly basis, oha!

• nfnnfn Veteran

I know that for a .de I need a local presence, what would happen if I don't use a local address or use an international address?

• xvpsxvps Member
    edited March 31

@lukast__ said:

@xvps said: You can compare prices here: https://tldes.com/de

But for example netcup isn't listed there.

No, you won't find a website with prices from all .de domain sellers, but the one I posted has 90 of them. :)

• ascicodeascicode Member
    edited March 31

@hyperblast said:

@ascicode said:
    Im scared of the contract and the issues in 12/24 month. Perhaps some transfer or removal problems.

Actually infomaniak got some domains from 3.25 first year only.

• shruubshruub Member

@nfn said:
    I know that for a .de I need a local presence, what would happen if I don't use a local address or use an international address?

I'd think you, well, just couldn't register it.
    Proooobably, nobody would check it, but that's highly on your own risk

• JosephFJosephF Member

@ascicode said:

@hyperblast said:

@ascicode said:

Actually infomaniak got some domains from 3.25 first year only.

Which extensions?

• ascicodeascicode Member
    edited March 31

.ch 4.64 after 9.89
    .de 3.62 after 7.20
    .fr 5.11 after 8.45
    .be 5.61 after 10.68
    .co.uk 6.96 after 9.63
    .es 6.41 after 8.26
    .li 5.11 after 8.24
    .eu 4.18 after 9.33

listed chf prices on infomaniak. 1st year only.

• @nfn said: I know that for a .de I need a local presence, what would happen if I don't use a local address or use an international address?

It seems possible to register from outside EU.
    https://forum.netcup.de/information/questions-before-purchase/9323-de-domains-für-auslandskunden/

Thanked by 1nfn
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@hyperblast said:

@ascicode said:

It doesn't seem like you can purchase these holiday discounted domains from Netcup for more than one year. Or is there a workaround?

• @JosephF said:

@hyperblast said:

@ascicode said:

It doesn't seem like you can purchase these holiday discounted domains from Netcup for more than one year. Or is there a workaround?

No, the discount is the recurring price. With netcup you get into a contractual agreement, the price always stays but they send collecting agencies if you forget to pay.

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@webcraft said:

@JosephF said:

@hyperblast said:

@ascicode said:

No, the discount is the recurring price. With netcup you get into a contractual agreement, the price always stays but they send collecting agencies if you forget to pay.

Does Netcup not require a payment method at the time of the order? My order seems to have completed without them asking for my payment info.

• Cool tracker site. But after @host_c blew everyone's minds, the netcup hunt just ain't hittin it for me. -_-

Thanked by 2ThinVps host_c
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@JosephF said:

@webcraft said:

@JosephF said:

@hyperblast said:

@ascicode said:

Does Netcup not require a payment method at the time of the order? My order seems to have completed without them asking for my payment info.

If everything is okay with your order, they'll send you a bill. You just need to be patient

• JosephFJosephF Member

@angstrom said:

@JosephF said:

@webcraft said:

@JosephF said:

@hyperblast said:

@ascicode said:

If everything is okay with your order, they'll send you a bill. You just need to be patient

Is the order for a domain processed prior to payment?

• hapkidohapkido Member

@nfn said:

Do not need local

• hapkidohapkido Member

@JosephF said:

@angstrom said:

@JosephF said:

@webcraft said:

@JosephF said:

@hyperblast said:

@ascicode said:

Is the order for a domain processed prior to payment?

Yes you are right

• aaxaaaaxaa Member

Two days and no offer was made regarding Root-Server G11

Will there be offers related to RS11 or are they will be RS9.5 ?

• pbxpbx Member

@aaxaa said: Will there be offers related to RS11 or are they will be RS9.5 ?

Usually they don't offer discounts on last gen RS, so I'd say that it's unlikely that they'll have a good deal on a RS11.

Just gave a quick look to offers they have this year, not so great so far, let's see if they have more offers during the next few hours/days.

Thanked by 1aaxaa
  • MoopahMoopah Member

Netcup's new KYC policy is kinda nuts. It's even more strict than Hetzner

Thanked by 1maverick
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@Moopah said:

How is it more strict that Hetzner?

• MoopahMoopah Member

@JosephF said:

@Moopah said: