Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Question] is CyberPanel good choice for start budget webhosting service? or free alternative?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Question] is CyberPanel good choice for start budget webhosting service? or free alternative?

dhmodhmo Member

question is the title :>

Comments

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

What about ISPConfig?

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

@dhmo what happened to FastPanel? Wasn't comfortable with it? To be honest if FastPanel didn't suite you I don't think CyberPanel will (it's a bit more of a pain to work with especially when setting up a new account and emails)

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon
  • BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

Cyberpanel is weird in my opinion. I don't like their UI

• dhmodhmo Member

I tried ISPConfig and UI is bad.
    others are good.
    I am trying CyberPanel but little hard to use.
    FastPanel is great. but they don't have API e.g so.

• Just use DirectAdmin. It will cost you the least in the long run. If there were any viable free alternatives, you'd already see LowEndHosts using them.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@BasToTheMax said:
    Cyberpanel is weird in my opinion. I don't like their UI

You are not alone, tested on a few servers never liked it - hestiacp is much better

• elliotcelliotc Member

DirectAdmin is cheap enough for a business.

• dhmodhmo Member
    edited March 31

DA is expensive for poor student like me.... but it's true DA is better than CP, or free panels.

• MMzFMMzF Member

@dhmo said:
    DA is expensive for poor student like me.... but it's true DA is better than CP, or free panels.

I've been using Hestiacp from 3 years, 0 issues works perfect!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@dhmo said: poor student like me

start budget webhosting service

If you're a poor student who can't even afford a DA license, then you're not really in a position to start a business where customers will rely on you 24x7 for excellent service.

What is your definition of "budget" btw? I can find DirectAdmin hosting for under $5/year, and at Black Friday sometimes for less than that. That's pretty budget already and that's from established providers.

Thanked by 2sasslik PineappleM
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited March 31

Free control panel projects come and go. What if one day the maintainer decides to abandon the project because they no longer have time to work on it?
    Also, as a potential web hosting client, I would never choose a host with a less widely used control panel because migrating to another host with a different control panel in the future would be a painful experience.
    Not a single free control panel is a good choice to start a web hosting business. Running a business on something like that would be irresponsible.

But don't get me wrong. I like Hestiacp for personal use, for example. However, opting for a professional web hosting service that uses a proprietary or less commonly used free control panel could leave me with limited options if I ever needed to migrate my content to another host.

• dhmodhmo Member

then probably I will choice DA.
    But our plan is SO cheap web hosting with so affrodable pricing like 1$ per year.

so if i pay for DA license or cPanel.
    earning <<<<<<<<<<<<<< budget <- now my wallet rip
    SADLY.....

• hestiacp or fastpanel

i think cyberpanel make a huge space disk usage :(

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • @dhmo said: pricing like 1$ per year

That is very unlikely to be profitable as you need to pay support, and the cost will likely be above $1 for one ticket - and server, management, abuse reports are all not free...

• dhmodhmo Member

@lukast__ said:

@dhmo said: pricing like 1$ per year

That is very unlikely to be profitable as you need to pay support, and the cost will likely be above $1 for one ticket - and server, management, abuse reports are all not free...

just operate hosting by me, no?
    then no cost for customer support. for server probably get scalable cheap one.

idk. 1$/y is not profitable yes, so i make it limited time offer then...??

• techdragontechdragon Member
    edited March 31

@dhmo said:

It will cost you more to keep good clients happy if any other panel lets you down. The costs of hiring someone to get sh** done will exceed DA. In the LowEnd market, this likely runs you negative.

Racing to the bottom on price is not a good strategy. Users who use cPanel and want it will always absorb the costs of the panel. Look into their pricing increases and market share statistics.

The market is overrun with debt financed hosts and services that operate on five cent profits. There are more gaps in the premium market because so few can compete. The same goes for anything. As a new entrant, you may find managed services are a better product for you to scale your business. If you only make a dollar profit per customer, you need a lot of customers to get anywhere. Realistically.

There is next to no demand among web hosting clients for anything but DA or cPanel. Unless you want to spend hundreds of thousands marketing an alternative?

• dhmodhmo Member

@techdragon said:

@dhmo said:

It will cost you more to keep good clients happy if any other panel lets you down. The costs of hiring someone to get sh** done will exceed DA. In the LowEnd market, this likely runs you negative.

Racing to the bottom on price is not a good strategy. Users who use cPanel and want it will always absorb the costs of the panel. Look into their pricing increases and market share statistics.

The market is overrun with debt financed hosts and services that operate on five cent profits. There are more gaps in the premium market because so few can compete. The same goes for anything, really. As a new entrant, you may find managed services are a better product for you to scale your business. If you only make a dollar profit per customer, you need a lot of customers to get anywhere. Realistically.

There is next to no demand among web hosting clients for anything but DA or cPanel. Unless you want to spend hundreds of thousands marketing an alternative?

Yeah. I understand and agreed to your opinion.
    It's right.

so probably I will do this pricing only when I get enough customer and wanna do some "thanks customer, discount event" aka limited time discount.

Thanked by 1techdragon
  • techdragontechdragon Member
    edited March 31

@raindog308 said:

@dhmo said: poor student like me

start budget webhosting service

If you're a poor student who can't even afford a DA license, then you're not really in a position to start a business where customers will rely on you 24x7 for excellent service.

What is your definition of "budget" btw? I can find DirectAdmin hosting for under $5/year, and at Black Friday sometimes for less than that. That's pretty budget already and that's from established providers.

I'm a bit confused too. Reseller plans include DA and many are sold under five dollars a month with Blesta. Should work to begin (assuming they can find clients).

• nfnnfn Veteran

I've used SPanel (spanel.io) from a costumer side and I love it.

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

@dhmo your best options are hestiacp, FastPanel, Cyberpanel, ISPConfig and Virtualmin (they're all super control panels but with downsides and that's to be expected for free panels),
    DirectAdmin for best budget paid panel.
    Top recommendation : Increase the pricing of your hosting service, a business is ran for profit so simply let your customers pay for the costs + a little extra and you're good to go.

• dhmodhmo Member

@HAMSW said:
    @dhmo your best options are hestiacp, FastPanel, Cyberpanel, ISPConfig and Virtualmin (they're all super control panels but with downsides and that's to be expected for free panels),
    DirectAdmin for best budget paid panel.
    Top recommendation : Increase the pricing of your hosting service, a business is ran for profit so simply let your customers pay for the costs + a little extra and you're good to go.

is CyberPanel good. It's what asked on that thread btw.... :3

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

@dhmo said:
    is CyberPanel good. It's what asked on that thread btw.... :3

CyberPanel is OK, not suitable for everyone, you might like and you might hate it.

You really have to try it for yourself to know if it's suitable for your needs or not.

• reyokhreyokh Member

my experience is creating a CyberPanel user account for 1 website.
    if the customer needs to create another website, the admin level (having permissions) has to do that.

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

Check Control Web Panel, it's free and they have a demo on their website.

• tenperatenpera Member

use TinyCP.

• dhmodhmo Member

@vsys_host said:

Thanks. It would be my choice sir. the PAID version's pricing is very cheap and looks very nice. <3

@tenpera said:
    use TinyCP.

It looks like control panel for Solo use?

Thanked by 1vsys_host
  • MumblyMumbly Member

@dhmo said:

@vsys_host said:

Thanks. It would be my choice sir. the PAID version's pricing is very cheap and looks very nice. <3

So, you went with "Control Web Panel" then? Any hints for the rest of us who haven't decided yet?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • I've had such bad experiences with Cyberpanel (when I have managed to install it!) - The UI looks pretty dated too.

• I think the most advanced and maintained free panel is Virtualmin.

Thanked by 1zmeu
  • emghemgh Member

@meditatingsurgeon said:
    I've had such bad experiences with Cyberpanel (when I have managed to install it!) - The UI looks pretty dated too.

If it’s for personal use, CloudPanel is great. Sucks that it’s closed, though.