Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advise for Video Streaming Solution
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Advise for Video Streaming Solution

56gomez56gomez Member

Hello.

I have mp4 videos of approximately 100 GB in size and I would like to publish them on my site. website is new, it has no traffic yet, but I think it will increase.

I have own video player.

I was undecided between multiple alternatives. what is the best solution you can suggest?

Thanks.

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello check our deals for VPS https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps-kvm-ssd

For streaming this videos check https://github.com/mediacms-io/mediacms

Regards

• shruubshruub Member

iptv?

• 56gomez56gomez Member

@shruub said:
    iptv?

no its not. its news websites about sports. thats the reason i will have plenty of videos.

• shruubshruub Member

@56gomez said:

@shruub said:
    iptv?

no its not. its news websites about sports. thats the reason i will have plenty of videos.

Alrighty. Also, maybe a scaleable solution like an Cloudflare R2 or a B2 bucket with another cdn solution would be working quite well for your usecase.

• matey0matey0 Member

@shruub said:

@56gomez said:

@shruub said:
    iptv?

Alrighty. Also, maybe a scaleable solution like an Cloudflare R2 or a B2 bucket with another cdn solution would be working quite well for your usecase.

Cloudflare technically doesn't allow big media streaming through their proxy services. They have a separate paid video cdn for that.
    You'd probably be fine with cloudflare + b2 for a while though until you have significant traffic. That way you only pay the $6/tb for b2. B2 egress to Cloudflare is free.
    It'll also beat pretty much everything in terms of speed and availability.

Thanked by 1shruub
  • shruubshruub Member

@matey0 said:

@shruub said:

@56gomez said:

@shruub said:
    iptv?

Cloudflare technically doesn't allow big media streaming through their proxy services. They have a separate paid video cdn for that.
    You'd probably be fine with cloudflare + b2 for a while though until you have significant traffic. That way you only pay the $6/tb for b2. B2 egress to Cloudflare is free.

Oh right! Forgot about that. Wouldn't having b2 + cloudflare be violating the tos as well though?

• bdspicebdspice Member

why dont you take 1gbps unlimited server ? or try bunnycdn?

• matey0matey0 Member

@shruub said:

@matey0 said:

@shruub said:

@56gomez said:

@shruub said:
    iptv?

Oh right! Forgot about that. Wouldn't having b2 + cloudflare be violating the tos as well though?

Yeah it would still be streaming through their proxy and thus a violation, but it takes quite a lot of traffic for Cloudflare to notice. You can't run a big YouTube or Netflix alternative over the proxy, but with the couple thousand visitors his website likely will have in the first months the traffic is nothing to Cloudflare.

Thanked by 1shruub
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

Cloudflare and BunnyCDN both have video streaming solutions. https://bunny.net/stream/

@matey0 said: but it takes quite a lot of traffic for Cloudflare to notice.

I've seen Cloudflare suspend people just for streaming their security cameras over their CDN.
    They do notice it.

• matey0matey0 Member

@Daniel15 said:

I've seen Cloudflare suspend people just for streaming their security cameras over their CDN.
    They do notice it.

That's odd. I've seen a couple media-heavy websites with over 100k daily visitors according to SimilarWeb who stream over Cloudflare proxies.

• @matey0 said:

@shruub said:

@matey0 said:

@shruub said:

@56gomez said:

@shruub said:
    iptv?

Yeah it would still be streaming through their proxy and thus a violation, but it takes quite a lot of traffic for Cloudflare to notice. You can't run a big YouTube or Netflix alternative over the proxy, but with the couple thousand visitors his website likely will have in the first months the traffic is nothing to Cloudflare.

R2 is allowed to serve media files (and Workers to rewrite requests to R2 too)

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@matey0 said:

@Daniel15 said:

They do notice it.

That's odd. I've seen a couple media-heavy websites with over 100k daily visitors according to SimilarWeb who stream over Cloudflare proxies.

With that many visitors, they likely have a paid account and a rep at Cloudflare that guides them to the right product to use.

• matey0matey0 Member

@marcopolio said:

@matey0 said:

@shruub said:

@matey0 said:

@shruub said:

@56gomez said:

@shruub said:
    iptv?

R2 is allowed to serve media files (and Workers to rewrite requests to R2 too)

Interesting, seems to be true!

@Daniel15 said:

@matey0 said:

@Daniel15 said:

They do notice it.

With that many visitors, they likely have a paid account and a rep at Cloudflare that guides them to the right product to use.

No, 100k daily visitors really isn't that much (we're talking about small-fry online piracy streaming sites and such). They most likely are running on Cloudflare free tier. Or perhaps R2 like @marcolino said.

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

Just go with VPS and then upgrade to dedicated when you get a lot of traffic. Choosing other alternatives (like object storage + cdn) may require a more complicated setup and player modification. I'm not sure you have to spend a lot of time on this at the stage with 0 traffic.