Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Account Storage Pricing in Turkish Lira
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Account Storage Pricing in Turkish Lira

I recall it used to be (and still may be) possible to obtain a very low cost storage plan for a Google Account when paying in Turkish Lira. To the best I recall, you needed to use a VPN with a Turkish IP address (assuming you weren't in Turkey) to enroll in the storage plan.

Is this still possible and, if so, what is the process to do it? And what is the pricing?

I also, vaguely, recall there was some other kind of either discount or benefit to using a Turking IP or pricing in regards to another aspect of a Google Account. Does anyone have any idea what other Google service might benefit from something similar? Perhaps YouTube pricing?

Additionally, if I'm not mistaken, there was an option to use another country/currency, other than Turkish, for the same as above. What other countries/currencies work for this purpose?

Furthermore, even if you successfully obtain the above discounted pricing, when it renews a year later can you do the same (VPN, Turkey, etc.) to renew at the same pricing? Or does it automatically renew at the Turkish pricing, without having to bother to manually renew it each year through a VPN?

Is their any risk to your Google account if you do any of the above?

And can you do this hack with an old, existing (opened in a Western country), Google Account rather than having to start a new Google account?

Finally, can you share your discounted storage plan with other (non-Turkish) Google accounts?

Thanked by 1commercial

Comments

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

Google has patched this method, IIRC.

You can maybe try some youtube tuts, but they now check if your card is turkish etc.

An alternative would be indian accounts, maybe via someone.

• Doesn't work anymore.

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited March 27

Does it work for YouTube pricing or has that also been patched?

Accounts that signed up for it when it worked won't be able to renew it anymore?

• lirrrlirrr Member

Turkey Apple ID, mine still going strong.

• I figure there's quite a bit of low incoming countries, which could be useful/tried. I have zero experience with this but as long as google just implemented checks for Turkey there's likely still a ton of options left.

• Still works if you pay via Google Pay :--)

• JosephFJosephF Member

@mikewazar said:
    Still works if you pay via Google Pay :--)

Do you need to use a VPN with a Turkish IP? Can you currently signup with an old, existing, Google account?

@lirrr said:
    Turkey Apple ID, mine still going strong.

What are you paying?

Thanked by 1commercial
  • jhjh Member

I bought YouTube Premium while I happened to be in Mexico and it's about half the US price or a third of the UK price. I'm sure it works with a VPN too.

• anubhavhiranianubhavhirani Member
    edited March 28

Works for me, I paid like $12 or so for yearly 2TB plan, I purchased using a new account just to be safe in case Google plans to lock my account.

1. Created new account.
    2. Added few accounts as family member in it.
    3. Purchased 2 TB plan.
    4. Allowed sharing of storage among family members.
    5. Renew date is in December and the card I used to buy this plan is expired so I will be adding a new card at the time of renew, unsure if it will still work.
      I live in India and used my Indian Visa card.

YouTube premium costs cheapest in Indian pricing AFAIK, only $4.5 yearly.

Edit: I used residential IP of turkey while creating an account and making payment also I do not login the account which I used to buy this plan so that Google does not detect the account is being used in India, tho all family accounts added are in India.

Thanked by 1adns
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited March 28

@jh said:
    I bought YouTube Premium while I happened to be in Mexico and it's about half the US price or a third of the UK price. I'm sure it works with a VPN too.

@anubhavhirani said:
    Works for me, I paid like $12 or so for yearly 2TB plan

Edit: I used residential IP of turkey while creating an account and making payment also I do not login the account which I used to buy this plan so that Google does not detect the account is being used in India, tho all family accounts added are in India.

How recently were you able to sign up with the lower cost foreign plan?

• @JosephF said:

@jh said:

@anubhavhirani said:

December 2023.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@JosephF said:

@jh said:

@anubhavhirani said:

He said renewal is in december , just guess it cmon.

He bought in Dec 2023.

Thanked by 1DanSummer
  • JosephFJosephF Member

Are virtual credit card numbers from Privacy.com identified as being from any specific country?