Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In need of a really cheap VM/CT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

In need of a really cheap VM/CT

AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

Hi there

I need a really cheap VM in EU (preferred, but not a strict req).

1G/1CPU/20GB SSD (or better)

It can also be a LXC/OVZ container.
What I really need is one dedicated IPv4 clean, not RBL listed, as I intend to use it as a SMTP server, but don't worry, it's for my personal mail server, not newsletters.
I simply want to gather a redundant cluster of servers to "balance" the mails sent and make sure my mails are not left hanging somewhere.

For that reason, it would be awesome to share the IP with me first, to make sure is not listed anywhere important.

I don't really have a price in mind, so shoot me a DM with your offer. Can pay 1y upfront if the price is irresistible. :)

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• ailiceailice Member

I have great time using @MannDude and @EthernetServers VPS for my Self-Hosted Email server back in days, perhaps they can clarify they still doing open port 25 here.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 26

@ailice said:
    I have great time using @MannDude and @EthernetServers VPS for my Self-Hosted Email server back in days, perhaps they can clarify they still doing open port 25 here.

Thanks for the mention :)

We block port 25 outbound (inbound is always open by default), but can open it upon request in a support ticket.

Our IPs are pretty clean - there might be the odd blacklisted one here and there but we can at least guarantee the IP is clean at https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx (and if that's not the case, we can swap the IP for one that is clean).

Thanked by 1ailice
  • davidedavide Member

RackNerd has (no aff)

• 1 vCPU Core
    • 21 GB PURE SSD RAID-10 Storage
    • 1 GB RAM
    • 1500GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth
    • 1Gbps Public Network Port
    • 1 Dedicated IPv4 Address

For $0.96 / month (yearly). See product specs (aff)
    You'd have to ask for the IP cleanliness. This is in the US.

Thanked by 1Andreix
  • kevindskevinds Member, LIR
    edited March 27

@Andreix said: I need a really cheap VM in EU

@Andreix said: I don't really have a price in mind

First define what "really cheap" means as a number.

@Andreix said: I simply want to gather a redundant cluster of servers to "balance" the mails sent and make sure my mails are not left hanging somewhere.

For a "personal mail server" how many emails are you sending that you need to "balance them across multiple servers"?

It might be a 'red-flag' to providers that your personal email server needs to balance the outgoing emails.. It certainly is for me.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@kevinds said:

@Andreix said: I need a really cheap VM in EU

@Andreix said: I don't really have a price in mind

First define what "really cheap" means as a number.

@Andreix said: I simply want to gather a redundant cluster of servers to "balance" the mails sent and make sure my mails are not left hanging somewhere.

For a "personal mail server" how many emails are you sending that you need to "balance them across multiple servers"?

It might be a 'red-flag' to providers that your personal email server needs to balance the outgoing emails.. It certainly is for me.

For me, it's a red flag that you decided to pop in here without a reason.
    It's my business how want my servers set up. And to be honest, I don't really care about your opinion on how my mail server should be set up.

Found a couple of providers that DMd me, to which I explained what/how I need things set up and all went fine.

Thread can be closed now.

Thanks a lot for all the offers and recommendations. Really helped. :)