Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cortexnodes.com I was too stupid to buy their lifetime plans.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cortexnodes.com I was too stupid to buy their lifetime plans.

ArrowBoiArrowBoi Member
edited March 26 in Providers

So funny story, They banned me from their discord for no reason which bans me from their dash.

I was about to leave a review on their trustpilot but the trustpilot claims their website closed
so here's the review I was gonna leave there

Spent 25 Pounds on an unreliable service
They promised singapore servers and when I tried it, it was the worst! Server couldn't even handle 5 players.
I later used it for other purposes like development purposes and I recently found out I was banned from the discord, no idea why this happened, I tried to ask my friend to check chat history and he said there was no news about my ban.
I hadn't even gone onto the cortexnodes discord for over a month and they decide to randomly ban me?

Is this how they treat paid customers?

Highly unrecommended and suggested to avoid this services. Staff are unresponsible, Sam is the only one taking care of the host and there's no way to reach him, He promised a bunch of stuff when we're paying and vanishes after that, doesn't even respond to tickets, opened a ticket 3 times for him to delete my ghost server but proceeds to close the tickets after ignoring it for 2 weeks. I left it later cuz he clearly didn't care and I think nearly after 1-2 weeks of being away from the discord I was probably banned then.

Conclusion is don't use their paid services, they make fake promises and vanish. Also their staff is unskilled, one of them tells us to allocate more than 400% cpu if the server starts lagging, clearly that man doesn't understand the server max uses only 450-500% cpu that too only on startups.

Also their singapore location vanished and became finland when he made an announce on upgrading it.
Clearly he tried to deceive us the same way he did when I first bought as when I first paid the singapore location gave me 200ms and when checking it showed germany like lol what, he blamed contabo for giving him the wrong location.

their links are the following
https://client.cortexnodes.com/auth/login
https://panel.cortexnodes.com

I was too stupid to spend money on a lifetime host, They made promises which they couldn't keep and banned me without mentioning any reasons.

They said I could appeal but hadn't mentioned how to, my friend told me to contact Sam and I tried to, I added him and even messaged him on a mutual server but got no response, he clearly sticks with his reputation as a vanishing owner.

Comments

• Lol at the default paradactyl login page

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

How stupid were you to trust a site with just has links slapped to their login page? :joy:

https://cortexnodes.com/

Which Sam are you talking about? Post his discord, I have a feeling that you're talking about Sam, the Subs' friend.

• kenjing789kenjing789 Member
    edited March 26

@FatGrizzly said:
    How stupid were you to trust a site with just has links slapped to their login page? :joy:

Which Sam are you talking about? Post his discord, I have a feeling that you're talking about Sam, the Subs' friend.

Click Login and Getting Started redirect you to drag and drop UI maker :smile:

This even worst than @repuc UI , how people can even fall into this bait

@kenjing789 said:

@FatGrizzly said:

lol.

its a discord meme company.

1. You where pretty dumb for buying a lifetime host at a low fuckin price and complained it sucked on discord (They always suck).
    2. failure to show boobas
      The sheriffs are after you.
  • xvpsxvps Member
    edited March 26

@hostaris, do you have any comments on this?

@xvps said:

I mean, you can't blame him.

they were well within their limits to kick off anyone for X reason, according to their ToS.

https://cortexnodes.com/terms

Thanked by 2xvps ArrowBoi
  • @FatGrizzly said:

@kenjing789 said:

@FatGrizzly said:

lol.

lol what did I even unobey?
    They didn't even tell the exact reason

• @FatGrizzly said:

my friend claimed it was good and said its been active for 2 years so I trusted his words

• @FatGrizzly said:

@xvps said:

I mean, you can't blame him.

they were well within their limits to kick off anyone for X reason, according to their ToS.

https://cortexnodes.com/terms

yet they failed to tell what the reason was, I don't even know what I did wrong. Literally the last thing I remember doing was talking to some guy in donor chat.

• ya him, do you know him?

• Sorry to hear that :(

• ArrowBoiArrowBoi Member
    edited March 26

@helloitsmeagain said:
    Sorry to hear that :(

its my fault I trusted such a scummy host, Atleast I learnt my lesson to not trust such a unreliable provider again.

• @FatGrizzly said:

@kenjing789 said:

@FatGrizzly said:

lol.

where was this chat anyway? I joined on an alt and coudnt' find it

• also before buying I saw their tos and they were using the same tos as hostaris and it said some 14 days refund policy but when I asked Sam at first he said no refunds. I should have just understood by then that the whole operation was suspicious.

Now they banned me without telling me any prior reason. I'm just more surprised than feeling angry at this point lol, I didn't expect them to ban me that too without telling me why like seriously all I did was open a ticket a few times and talk to people in chat and then I randomly get banned.

tbh I don't care, just shared the review here cuz the trustpilot didn't let me share it.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

https://lowendtalk.com/search?Search=Cortexnodes.com

This host does not show up in standard search.

Are you sure you trusted your friend or you simply went with the cheapest option hoping for thr best?

Usually you claim to do lots of research....

I hope you had backups of data, if any.

If it is too good to be true, it is... be careful out there.

edited March 26

@plumberg said:
    https://lowendtalk.com/search?Search=Cortexnodes.com

This host does not show up in standard search.

Are you sure you trusted your friend or you simply went with the cheapest option hoping for thr best?

Usually you claim to do lots of research....

I hope you had backups of data, if any.

If it is too good to be true, it is... be careful out there.

Hi my friend was very knowledgeable with hosts so I trusted his word.
    Also because Sam was friends with the owner of hostaris who also owns optikservers, the host where I'm a moderator yet. I blindly trusted the mutual relation and trusted whatever I found out and yes I could say one of the reasons I chose them was cuz they were cheap but I realized a bit later that cheap isn't always the best option.

And ya I do take schedule backups on my interserver ftp storage hosting as even if its a paid hosting, I try to be careful of data loss or if the minecraft server gets griefed. The host had datalosses twice only on their singapore location which I was using at that time, the first time it had a loss I already stopped using them as the performance was soo bad and couldn't even handle 5 players, the 2nd time it had a dataloss was when Sam claimed to close one location and merge them into one and I thought it was still gonna be in singapore but surprisingly it showed finland and when I pinged it even gave me 200ms+.

It was too late to ask for a refund so I just stayed quite and stopped using them completely, I currently have a vps from advinservers that I actively use for my own use so I didn't have a use for cortexnodes later as the main reason I bought it was to host my minecraft server but that wasn't even possible due to its horrible performance.

• Hi ArrowBoi,

You have not been "scammed. Your service was terminated in line with our Terms of Service, of which you agreed to when purchasing a package.

We have over 30,000 registered users, many of whom have purchased a package from us. We have customers spanning back as far as 2 years, who paid their one-time fee, and are still connected to this day.

You attempted to contact "the owner" via his personal direct messages on Discord, of which are rarely monitored, and is not an appropriate method of contact.

If you'd like to discuss your termination further, you can email [email protected].

Moreover, isn't LowEndTalk for VM / Dedicated hosting discussions only? This is a game host.

Regards,
    Sam

edited March 26

@CompleteOperator948 said:
    Hi ArrowBoi,

You have not been "scammed. Your service was terminated in line with our Terms of Service, of which you agreed to when purchasing a package.

We have over 30,000 registered users, many of whom have purchased a package from us. We have customers spanning back as far as 2 years, who paid their one-time fee, and are still connected to this day.

You attempted to contact "the owner" via his personal direct messages on Discord, of which are rarely monitored, and is not an appropriate method of contact.

If you'd like to discuss your termination further, you can email [email protected].

Moreover, isn't LowEndTalk for VM / Dedicated hosting discussions only? This is a game host.

Regards,
    Sam

emailed you.
    should really mention the email on the ban message, all it does it say "If you think this is a mistake, please contact us.". If you had mentioned the email for appealing I could have just done that.

also didn't mention the reason, really leaves me to wonder on what the reason of termination was.

• edited March 26

Big surprise there. In my opinion it's a pretty solid measure to just assume companies ran over Discord aren't serious businesses and therefore staying the fuck away from them.

• @CompleteOperator948 said:

LET is for all kinds of hosting, including games (though game server discussions aren't super common).

• notdennisnotdennis Member
    edited March 26

@ArrowBoi said:

Hi ArrowBoi,

Regards,
    Sam

emailed you.
    should really mention the email on the ban message, all it does it say "If you think this is a mistake, please contact us.". If you had mentioned the email for appealing I could have just done that.

also didn't mention the reason, really leaves me to wonder on what the reason of termination was.

You were probably being a pain somehow in support tickets, were you pinging him at all?
    were you spamming? rude? impatient?

edited March 26

@notdennis said:

@ArrowBoi said:

Hi ArrowBoi,

Regards,
    Sam

emailed you.

You were probably being a pain somehow in support tickets, were you pinging him at all?
    were you spamming? rude? impatient?

I've made a ticket only 2-3 times trying to inform you to delete the ghost server that was created when creating a server. After getting no response I stopped and just forgot about it, I later come back to being banned.
    And no I did not ping any of the staff, I only entered a single messaging containing the msg and the link.

So if you're talking about tickets then that'd mean you banned me for trying to report an issue aka the ghost server which I requested for it to be deleted as that's the only ticket I opened after my first ticket regarding service questions.

Now don't come up to me and tell me that wasn't the reason cuz that's the only tickets I've made since the first ticket.
    You can check yourself by checking the logs.

I can still see the ghost server that I renamed beside just incase you see it

and no I wasn't even annyoing any staff member, I do remember talking/discussing about some topic once with a staff member but other than that I don't remember talking to any of the staff members since then.