Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultimatehostings LET EXCLUSIVE! | SSD-Cache KVM | OpenVZ | 1Gbps Port | Dallas & Turkey | $7.00/Mo - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ultimatehostings LET EXCLUSIVE! | SSD-Cache KVM | OpenVZ | 1Gbps Port | Dallas & Turkey | $7.00/Mo

Comments

• Cannot resist the LETKVM annual offer. Paid and waited to check number of cores.

• All should be set now.

• Thanks, all the resources are doubled.

dd test

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in

16384+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 4.80243 s, 224 MB/s

Hope ~200 MB/s should be kept throughout the year :D

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2014

@ultimatehostings

1. do you allow upload custom windows iso (such as specific language edition) with own license?
    2. about "the first 10 orders with double ram/disk", how many left now?

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2014

@aglodek said:
    https://secure.ultimatehostings.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=73

FYI ultimatehostings: above not accessible from China.

I can't open it also, but use vpn can open...
    by tracert, the last router can reach is 206.169.57.226

| 219.158.24.25 - 0 | 8 | 8 | 45 | 45 | 46 | 46 | | 219.158.96.226 - 0 | 8 | 8 | 46 | 46 | 46 | 46 | | 219.158.96.222 - 0 | 8 | 8 | 47 | 47 | 47 | 47 | | 219.158.102.98 - 0 | 8 | 8 | 269 | 278 | 287 | 286 | | lax2-pr2-ae5-121.us.twtelecom.net - 0 | 8 | 8 | 263 | 289 | 338 | 279 | | phx1-ar4-ge-0-0-0-0.us.twtelecom.net - 0 | 8 | 8 | 283 | 291 | 302 | 302 | | 206.169.57.226 - 0 | 8 | 8 | 275 | 291 | 301 | 298 | | No response from host - 100 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

• We'll do our best to maintain a good quality of service for everyone.

• @hotsnow said:

Custom iso won't be a problem, you need to use your own license as we do not offer windows licenses.

• By the way, what is the price for extra IP and extra bandwidth?

• Is anyone having issues with swap not being reported with Ubuntu 12 LTS x86_64 ?

• sunny_lanke said: Is anyone having issues with swap not being reported with Ubuntu 12 LTS x86_64 ?

Just open a ticket. In SolusVM, I also cannot see it, but in the box, it is there.

• @recycleddomain How do you know it is there ? Is there specific command that I can run to see that ? Appreciate your help.

I do have a ticket open and they have been really awesome with their support. After they fix it manually, I do see it but OS re-install makes it 0 again.

• 1 TB additional bandwidth is $5 and additional IP's are $2 each.

• We're still offering double disk space, RAM/Vswap on monthly payments.

• The box is really worth my $80. Still the bigger surprise is the quality of support. I am so happy to have one more provider that answers my tickets in less than 1 hour. Hope thing will continue to go well.

• is there KVM in turkey?

• Are FreeBSD images available as an OS choice?

• KVM is only available in Dallas for now, Turkey node is OpenVZ.

• Can mount any ISO of choice, you can request it after signup.

• Not an issue, that's a old story and every coin has 2 sides I guess.

• had a very poor experience.. vps shut down automatically.. in last 10 days i had a downtime of 4 days on 8 vps... probably oversold

• There's no question of the node being oversold as you're hosted on a KVM node. Also VPS don't crash unless you max out the CPU/Resources.

• Just now i started all my vps, and just now they all f* went down again! what the hell is this? And my CPU usage is all good, I use other hosts too but they dont deliberatly shutdown my vps every 2 mins... If it keeps on going like this, i want refund otherwise i will dispute you on PP

• If you have any concerns you need to communicate via our helpdesk and not LET as we don't provide any support here on LET.

• SherlockSherlock Member
    edited January 2014

I know it, i am just letting other know the truth... Your hosting is the worst for any business. 5 days downtime?!, vps shutdown every 2 minutes and you say that you dont know how this happens, just great. Check out my ticket and you turn on all my vps i dont have time for doing this 100 times a day

• @anant I have also purchased this same offer, but my VPS is up since then. Not having any problem like this.

I suggest that you check if there are any processes which may eat up all your resources.

• SherlockSherlock Member
    edited January 2014

@ironhide at first I also thought the same... but this is not the case.. as i said my vps got shutdown within 2 minutes.. i couldn't even open them all, then running a process/app is out of question.. also i left one of my vps running at 0% cpu, with all apps closed.. that also got shutdown... either their hardware is cooked up, or they are deliberately doing it

• We aren't shutting down your VPS, also there are also others on the same node and nobody has complained that we're shutting down.

• @anant friendly suggestion: provide proof or stop complaining :p

• ElChileElChile Member
    edited January 2014

@anant - After a special offer like this, I could think that the I/O was dragged so far down that that your VM died. Everyone playing with their new BIG vps and I/O can go down to 3MB or less. That creates big load. I expect that it has stopped happening all by itself now that the I/O has gone back up. Luckily people get bored quickly.

EDIT: Sorry, I must have been drunk when I posted that....