Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone offering DDoS protected VPS/dedi with application filters?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone offering DDoS protected VPS/dedi with application filters?

VenixVenix Member

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a hosting provider like Path (but more stable).

Basically, I want someone who offers application filters, specifically for Minecraft Java and Bedrock and CS.

Comments

• MoopahMoopah Member

Cosmicguard at ReliableSite?

• VenixVenix Member

@Moopah said:

In EU. CosmicGuard has no MC Java filter.

• berrybyteberrybyte Member, Host Rep

Heyo - https://berrybyte.net

We can do application filters (Minecraft Bedrock/Java, CS, and various other games/apps) via CosmicGuard direct transit - Ryzen 9 5950X/7950X hardware, various global locations.

• Jack_SBEJack_SBE Member, Patron Provider

Hey!

We have some services in London UK that might be of interest to you. https://scaleblade.com

Our VPS is billed hourly so you can try it out and cancel shortly after if it’s not right for you!

• @Venix said:

@Moopah said:

Citation needed? CosmicGuard was literally formed by a Minecraft server (CosmicMC)

• @PHP_Friends or synlinq is quite good

• ngktbotngktbot Member

Maybe @HyperFilter_Official could help you?

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep
    edited March 24

Hey!
    We resell OVH Game protected services on https://www.hazi.ro which are obviously specific filters for Minecraft.

• VenixVenix Member

@NoNoisyNeighbour said:
    @PHP_Friends or synlinq is quite good

Do they have game profiles? Also a firewall panel maybe where I could apply rules? If so, it would be amazing, as I already had great experience with synlinq :)

They have no application filters yet and their standard protection leaks a lot…

@Venix said:

@Moopah said:

I actually had a server with cosmic, every time I got an attack they just closed the port (cosmic reseller eugamehosting).

• Synlinq should have game specific mitigation profiles, php-friends also uses synlinq for ddos Protection + I think they also do their own protection now

• PacketsDecreaserPacketsDecreaser Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 24

@Venix said:
    Hi everyone,

Basically, I want someone who offers application filters, specifically for Minecraft Java and Bedrock and CS.

We are happy to offer individual DDoS protection and also have filters for source games such as Counter Strike and Minecraft (UDP).

-> https://docs.packets-decreaser.net/gamefilters/information

We also offer DDoS protection with the Java Edition, but this does not block bots or similar.

We can also offer you remote protection via GRE tunnels and are happy to provide you with a test option.

You can view our documentation at https://docs.packets-decreaser.net/ to see how we detect and defend against DDoS attacks.

We would be happy to provide you with a quote. Let us know what you need.

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@Venix said:
    Hi everyone,

Of course we can offer something, please contact us via PN or support ticket for further informations :)

• GhtGht Member

There is no other option for protection & filters like Path , you are just going to lose time & money. My experience

• BloomVPSBloomVPS Member, Patron Provider

We have L7 filters for MC (Bedrock and Java) as well as CS Go in our Ashburn and Los Angeles locations using our in-house XDP-based filtering hardware. We are currently working on the user-facing panel, but we can apply firewall rules as needed via a ticket.

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 24

@Venix said:

@NoNoisyNeighbour said:
    @PHP_Friends or synlinq is quite good

Do they have game profiles? Also a firewall panel maybe where I could apply rules? If so, it would be amazing, as I already had great experience with synlinq :)

They have no application filters yet and their standard protection leaks a lot…

@Venix said:

@Moopah said:

I actually had a server with cosmic, every time I got an attack they just closed the port (cosmic reseller eugamehosting).

We are able to offer application filters if you reach out through a ticket :) also happy to help optimize the protection in general for your use case.

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider

Thank you for the mention!

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • VenixVenix Member
    edited March 24

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for responding. Didn't expect to get so many responses so quickly!

@PHP_Friends said:

@Venix said:
    Hi everyone,

Of course we can offer something, please contact us via PN or support ticket for further informations :)

Sure, will reach out to you soon.

@Ght said:
    There is no other option for protection & filters like Path , you are just going to lose time & money. My experience

That's what I'm also afraid of. CosmicGuard seemed as a great alternative to me, but the issue with ports completely getting closed and even people disconnected was too much for me. Also at least on EUGameHosting I see no Java filter, but even if there was one, they'd just close the port during the attack anyway.

@PacketsDecreaser said:

@Venix said:
    Hi everyone,

We are happy to offer individual DDoS protection and also have filters for source games such as Counter Strike and Minecraft (UDP).

-> https://docs.packets-decreaser.net/gamefilters/information

We also offer DDoS protection with the Java Edition, but this does not block bots or similar.

We can also offer you remote protection via GRE tunnels and are happy to provide you with a test option.

You can view our documentation at https://docs.packets-decreaser.net/ to see how we detect and defend against DDoS attacks.

We would be happy to provide you with a quote. Let us know what you need.

No AuroLogic please, 0 upload/download during an attack, players disconnect once protection turns on, players need to reconnect for TCP verification...

@BloomVPS said:
    We have L7 filters for MC (Bedrock and Java) as well as CS Go in our Ashburn and Los Angeles locations using our in-house XDP-based filtering hardware. We are currently working on the user-facing panel, but we can apply firewall rules as needed via a ticket.

Seems promising, but any plans on having dedicated servers in EU any time soon as well?

For anyone else, feel free to continue posting offers. An ideal offer would be:

• Hosting with (dedicated) servers in EU+US
    • Great filters for MC (ESPECIALLY JAVA), GTA V, CounterStrike
    • 1tbps+
  • GhtGht Member

@Venix , try vibegames , they have all filters premade so you only click which one. CosmicGuad staff are the same ones from Path , they just opened a new site ;)

• VenixVenix Member

@Ght said:
    @Venix , try vibegames , they have all filters premade so you only click which one. CosmicGuad staff are the same ones from Path , they just opened a new site ;)

I mentioned it should not be Path due to tremendous amount of network issues and downtime. On top of that, they may even bankrupt soon... Also, VibeGames is like 10x above my budget. 100€ for 24GB of RAM (VPS).

• GhtGht Member

@Venix said:

@Ght said:

I mentioned it should not be Path due to tremendous amount of network issues and downtime. On top of that, they may even bankrupt soon... Also, VibeGames is like 10x above my budget. 100€ for 24GB of RAM (VPS).

Strange , i have been with vibegames 2 years and i have no issues so far with network and they use path , idk which provider you used , and you are so wrong that path its not going to bankrupt.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 24

@Venix said:
    No AuroLogic please, 0 upload/download during an attack, players disconnect once protection turns on, players need to reconnect for TCP verification...

Just configure the filters properly, please? :)

Speaking of the TCP Authentication reconnect, you can omit it by a variety of flexrules matching your specific use-case. From my perspective, customers should be always able to adjust filtering to their needs as they prefer. There is no such egg-laying wool-milk-cow for DDoS-Protection, which would cover every certain use-case.

Currently got a PoC running in prod with a customer doing gameservers, where the tcp authentication does not longer enforce re-establishing a connection when filtering turns on. Customer likes it and from what I know, it has been already battle-tested by a well known streaming guy.

• hyena56hyena56 Member

I vouch PHP-Friends, they have a custom-made filter feature. I bet they can help with filtering regarding your said applications. The good thing there is the transparency and the support (which for sure, you'll never be leave out in-case of emergencies, and they take customer seriously 100%)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Why do you need application filters for Minecraft?

Minecraft Java's protocol is TCP and incredibly well thought out (I've had some investigation into research here) and due being TCP and behind a licence authentication system not particularly vulnerable to abuse.

Minecraft Bedrock's server is pretty fast, as long as you do the normal expected (L4) UDP filtering you should be fine here. Theres nothing I've observed to be particularly bad here (but I have not done a full deep dive).

Most of the "application" filtering I've seen advertised is nothing but a set of increased restrctions that create more problems than they are worth for well engineered game servers. Something that both of those applications are.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • VenixVenix Member

@SplitIce said:
    Why do you need application filters for Minecraft?

Minecraft Java's protocol is TCP and incredibly well thought out (I've had some investigation into research here) and due being TCP and behind a licence authentication system not particularly vulnerable to abuse.

Minecraft Bedrock's server is pretty fast, as long as you do the normal expected (L4) UDP filtering you should be fine here. Theres nothing I've observed to be particularly bad here (but I have not done a full deep dive).

Most of the "application" filtering I've seen advertised is nothing but a set of increased restrctions that create more problems than they are worth for well engineered game servers. Something that both of those applications are.

With all respect, if you believe Minecraft protocol is not vulnerable you really don’t know what you’re talking about. Especially if you also add into equation that one may even disable the online mode verification (cracked). I’ve seen so many tcp attacks passing easily 1gbps+ to Minecraft, and even with online mode true. Path has an amazing Minecraft filter.

@Ght said:

@Venix said:

@Ght said:

Strange , i have been with vibegames 2 years and i have no issues so far with network and they use path , idk which provider you used , and you are so wrong that path its not going to bankrupt.

Idk, it was just a guess as they failed to pay their bills and got kicked from Telia and DE-CIX. There were many providers with path before, but it’s losing so many of them to Cosmic. Do you know any affordable path provider in eu that doesn’t have plans of moving to cosmic except VibeGames?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited March 25

"even disable the online mode verification" suggests a problem with something other than minecraft protocol. The Minecraft protocol very clearly has an authentication (requiring one licence per bot) and encryption (no filter should be able to MITM). That encryption makes implementing a Layer 7 filter both near impossible, and mostly unnecessary.

Regardless in licensed Minecraft you shouldnt be able to expend much bandwidth before completing Login. From my understanding offline mode completely disables both Encryption and Login, thereby those servers are most likely subject to any number of issues. Including in all likelyhood yours.

From what I have seen most vanilla (online mode / not cracked) servers that have reasonable settings for TCP congestion control, arent running stupid mods and arent running "offline mode" have no Layer 7 issues. And this is backed by research and customers.

I don't know what Path does, but if I was to guess its less a Layer 7 filter more a Layer 4 flow rate limit (best implemented as true congestion control on the backend) and perhaps some rules to prevent an excess rate of new connections. But thats just speculation, I havent investigated. Or perhaps they implemented a filter just for "offline mode" customers not (no encryption). I don't know.

Thanked by 1Venix