Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBrr VPS, filesystem corruption twice in one week
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBrr VPS, filesystem corruption twice in one week

stabstab Member

I have a storage VPS with HostBrr, running Alma Linux and a few Docker containers. For the second time in a week (the first time I just wiped and reinstalled) I got a filesystem corruption error.

Why would this happen? Is it a problem on the host machine itself?

Comments

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

It would be great if you could open a ticket so I can look into this :)

• aegaeg Member

I'd be interested to know how this pans out.

• spyworkspywork Member

@stab said:
    I have a storage VPS with HostBrr, running Alma Linux and a few Docker containers. For the second time in a week (the first time I just wiped and reinstalled) I got a filesystem corruption error.

Why would this happen? Is it a problem on the host machine itself?

You have a Hybrid storage? Os on SSD and attached a hdd for storage, right?

• stabstab Member

Nope, it was just HDD only. Thanks to their support team they moved me to an upgraded hybrid node, here's to hoping no more problems.

• spyworkspywork Member

@stab said:
    Nope, it was just HDD only. Thanks to their support team they moved me to an upgraded hybrid node, here's to hoping no more problems.

I buy one month ago a Hybrid storage, when i restart or shutdown VPS with control panel i have all corrupted. Debian will restart with safe mode and GRUB corrupted. With SSH shutdown -r now or reboot no problem.

• stabstab Member

That's very interesting, I also used the control panel function to restart when I had the corruption, I'm not sure if it's related but it's good to know.