Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best all in one email solution (self-hosted)? [free] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best all in one email solution (self-hosted)? [free]

Comments

• Genuinely wondering what you would do when your first customer has problems. "Sorry it's hard to use"

• WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited March 24

@alincupunct said:
    Genuinely wondering what you would do when your first customer has problems. "Sorry it's hard to use"

LOL me too, if you cannot even install a panel.

• PineappleMPineappleM Member
    edited March 24

Frankly OP, if it was this easy to setup and resell emails to suckers willing to pay, then everyone would be doing it off of a $10/yr VPS to make a quick buck. Email in particular is an obnoxious finicky thing that is better left to the pros who knows the ins and outs.

edited March 24

@PineappleM said:
    Frankly OP, if it was this easy to setup and resell emails to suckers willing to pay, then everyone would be doing it off of a $10/yr VPS to make a quick buck. Email in particular is an obnoxious finicky thing that is better left to the pros who knows the ins and outs.

Been running email on Virtualmin (Roundcube & Squirrelmail) for years was a 4min install, not a problem since. Just be sure port 25 is open at your host.

Thanked by 2PineappleM kkrajk
  • dhmodhmo Member
    edited March 24

I can host email with roundcube e.g if just for personal.
    I know bestone IF JUST FOR PERSONAL.

I need for reselling, production option :(
    I will say agian, I need:
    dashboard, account feature(master,customer,reseller) and customer to create address, quota(storage) feature, and roundcube, nextcloud, calendar apps installed.

and currently I am planning to pay to cpanel and customize cpanel.

• @dhmo said:
    I can host email with roundcube e.g if just for personal.
    I know bestone IF JUST FOR PERSONAL.

I need for reselling, production option :(
    I will say agian, I need:
    dashboard, account feature(master,customer,reseller) and customer to create address, quota(storage) feature, and roundcube, nextcloud, calendar apps installed.

and currently I am planning to pay to cpanel and customize cpanel.

Looks like you only know how to use cpanel, so just buy cpanel then. This is lowendtalk we like free stuff not overprices stuff.

• dhmodhmo Member

Nah, Many providers customize cPanel so I thought its customizable, then probably cPanel can be best choice IF PAID.

but I am still finding FREE OPTION with easy setup.

I am bad at customizing and I never setup cPanel...

• @dhmo said:
    Nah, Many providers customize cPanel so I thought its customizable, then probably cPanel can be best choice IF PAID.

Then how you want to do this ? I think it's better if you buy managed hosting or something because this is gonna end bad for your customers.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@dhmo said: but I am still finding FREE OPTION with easy setup.

I'm afraid that the conclusion is that there is no free option with "easy setup" (in your sense)

You should either be prepared to pay serious money for what you want, or be prepared to learn how to do what you want (perhaps with the help of a free panel such as Virtualmin)

That said, I suspect that a MXroute reseller account would make the most sense for you, as far as price/quality is concerned

• ShamliShamli Member

@dhmo said: Hmmmm but It's looks little hard to use...

try install it on test server and experience it..

https://howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/

• dhmodhmo Member

@angstrom said:

I'm afraid that the conclusion is that there is no free option with "easy setup" (in your sense)

You should either be prepared to pay serious money for what you want, or be prepared to learn how to do what you want (perhaps with the help of a free panel such as Virtualmin)

That said, I suspect that a MXroute reseller account would make the most sense for you, as far as price/quality is concerned

I said I want to host it by myself For make much cheaper price.
    And actually I am just doing reserarch for my friend's hosting.

Reselling of MXRoute wont be my choice

• dhmodhmo Member
    edited March 24

@Shamli said:

@dhmo said: Hmmmm but It's looks little hard to use...

try install it on test server and experience it..

https://howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/

yeah sorry I installed it rn ( I cloudn't find the installation tutorial until now )

p.s: i forgot to say I installed

and the UI is not good, very hard for understand how to use

• dhmodhmo Member

@WhiteRoseG said:

@dhmo said:

Then how you want to do this ? I think it's better if you buy managed hosting or something because this is gonna end bad for your customers.

All I want to do is cheap and affrodable email hosting with calendar, nextcloud.

I said I setup some panel before, but I never setup cPanel cuz its paid software and its too expensive for poor student like me.

And as I said in other message in the thread I am just doing reserach for my friend.
    And He has budget but It's not a lot so I am finding cheaper one.

If cPanel can be best option, I will tell him that and use cPanel.

• ailiceailice Member

AFAIK, there no such things even paid one, there endless caveat you could find. Best case is hire someone to making it for you to intergrate it to free panel you could find.

• ShamliShamli Member

@dhmo said: and the UI is not good, very hard for understand how to use

because it is not cPanel, and the ui i believe is the same since more than 10 years ago...
    there are reseller feature, email, and can be integrated with blesta...

not much panel is free with what ispconfig have....

give it some time and you will get used to it...

there are api, you may make a new panel or interface for only managing email beautifully...

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax

@dhmo said:

@angstrom said:

I said I want to host it by myself For make much cheaper price.

Yes, I/we know what you said, but I'm suggesting that what you're looking for (on behalf of your friend) doesn't really exist

• dhmodhmo Member

Hmmm okay then....
    there are free panel for customize sooo yeah ill tell my friend to get dev to customize and make our own system :3

thanks bro

@dhmo said:
    Hmmm okay then....
    there are free panel for customize sooo yeah ill tell my friend to get dev to customize and make our own system :3

Which will be significant money and work, which is also why free, just-what-you're-looking-for solutions don't really exist

And even if you get a system that more or less suits you, you will still need to deal with the day-to-day business of spam, reliable deliverability, and keeping your IP address(es) clean

• I don't understand you don't have money for cpanel but you gonna develop a panel yourself but you cannot even install a panel yourself, am I being pranked ?

• @WhiteRoseG said:
    I don't understand you don't have money for cpanel but you gonna develop a panel yourself but you cannot even install a panel yourself, am I being pranked ?

Won't pay for a license, intends to modify what he classifies as 'free panels'. I think he is trolling.

• @techdragon said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    I don't understand you don't have money for cpanel but you gonna develop a panel yourself but you cannot even install a panel yourself, am I being pranked ?

Won't pay for a license, intends to modify what he classifies as 'free panels'. I think he is trolling.

Yeah but he wasn't even able to install Virtualmin and he never installed cpanel :p looks like a troll maybe moderators can close this thread.

• @alincupunct said:
    Genuinely wondering what you would do when your first customer has problems. "Sorry it's hard to use"

Was thinking the same.

@dhmo please learn first the basics before creating another summerhost

Thanked by 1alincupunct
  • dhmodhmo Member

@WhiteRoseG said:

I INSTALLED MANY PANELS BEFORE. READ MY MSG AND I SAID ITS NOT GOOD

WHO SAID I CANT

AND I CPANEL ISNT FREE. NO WAY TO TRY.

• dhmodhmo Member

ofc I install and try cloudron, vitualmin, fastpanel, ispconfig and much more.
    and all are not good for me. the features isnt enough or required feature is paid.

edited March 24

Iam sorry, iam just really confused, what is it that your looking for ? A free panel like Cpanel is: ISPConfig or Virtualmin but both you cannot install ? Why not ? And why is it not good ? It can do exactly the same as CPanel

• dhmodhmo Member

I install them to vps and i try it already. but they has no enough features.
    I can install as I SAID if there are installation docs with latest version.

and what i am looking for is I already said

• maybe its time to create your own custom panel if none of them are what you are looking for, don't know how? start reading..

• @dhmo said:
    I install them to vps and i try it already. but they has no enough features.
    I can install as I SAID if there are installation docs with latest version.

and what i am looking for is I already said

Not enough features ? You can do anything with it that you can do with cpanel what do you mean ? I think you just don't know how to use it. Take a day to read the wiki.

• dhmodhmo Member

Yes Not enough features. I read their docs, features and actually try it too.
    and its not enough. its my answer
    I need to try cPanel but its paid.

• @dhmo said:
    Yes Not enough features. I read their docs, features and actually try it too.
    and its not enough. its my answer
    I need to try cPanel but its paid.

What feature are you looking for ?

This discussion has been closed.