Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WORLDSTREAM | Dual CPU Days: Intel Xeon E5-2620v4, €10 off | NL Dedicated Server, live within 2 hrs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WORLDSTREAM | Dual CPU Days: Intel Xeon E5-2620v4, €10 off | NL Dedicated Server, live within 2 hrs

Worldstream_FrankWorldstream_Frank Member, Patron Provider

Worldsteam X LET

In need of a workload performance boost? Give yourself a bit more headspace in terms of raw processing power and deploy a dedicated server with a dual CPU, for twice the processing power. Enjoy €10 off an astoundingly affordable server configuration.

Elevate your business’ proficiency with a 16-core dual Intel Xeon E5-2620v4 instant delivery dedicated server. Handle unexpected spikes in your workload with ease. For just €49.49 per month, this maximum-efficient server is yours. You can also pick up our 64GB configuration for €65.49, saving you €5.

Order Now 🡒

Don't hesitate too long, as availability is limited.

These servers have a fixed configuration, no setup fee, and you can get started with a live server within two hours. By utilizing dedicated servers instead of multiple shared instances, you’ll have full control over the installed software, so you can improve the reliability, security, and performance of your own platform at any time.

Worldstream was founded in 2006 by childhood friends who shared a passion for gaming, Worldstream has evolved into an international IT infrastructure (IaaS) provider with an excellent team of certified engineers. This is underscored by an NPS score of 70.

Included

✔ 40 Gbit/s Anti-DDoS, with the ability to scale up.
✔ 1 Gbit/s network uplink with 100TB traffic p/mo.
✔ 1 IP address: additional IPs requestable.
✔ Guaranteed uplink speeds, 99.9% uptime.
✔ 24/7/365 support by certified engineers: we respond to all your questions within 7 minutes on average.
✔ Wide selection of Linux and Windows based operating systems.

Additional services

✔ Web hosting control panels cPanel (€39.99 p/mo) and DirectAdmin (€28 p/mo).
✔ S3 compatible Object Storage. From €110 p/mo.

Can I test the network quality?

✔ See Worldstream's route to your location via Looking Glass.
✔ Test the upload and download speed with this test file.
✔ The following IP address can be used to test latency: 185.182.195.76.

Nice to know

✔ You can use a wide range of payment methods (PayPal, Credit card, bank transfer, and more).
✔ Additional discount when you choose a quarterly (2%), bi-annually (4%), or yearly plan (6%).

Not exactly what you were looking for? Check out our mix of fully customizable servers here and instantly deployed servers here.

How can we reach you? Send us a message at [email protected] or call us: +31 (0) 174 – 712 117.
Or reply to this thread and/or send me a PM. Whatever feels comfortable for you.

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Sofa.

• Beware of this host.

2011: "Without a court order, WorldStream cooperated and handed over these servers"
    https://www.stefandidak.com/2011/02/do-not-host-with-worldstream-thanks-brein/

2019, a quote from worldstream:
    According to Vollebregt, WorldStream is in close contact with the Dutch police and the judiciary to get content offline when there is a legal basis for this. "Sometimes they even ask us to keep certain content online to trace perpetrators. A simple request from a FAPAV or the Dutch equivalent of FAPAV, Stichting Brein, is insufficient in that sense, we cannot agree within Dutch legislation listen to. (google translate).
    https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/tech/artikel/4688766/bedrijf-uit-naaldwijk-blijkt-spin-het-web-van-illegale-televisie-italie

2020: "I received an email from Worldstream telling me to remove DMCA content from my server. But the thing is that I don't have any DMCA related content, I asked them to show me the urls so I can investigate the matter.

But instead of cooperating they shut down my servers without sending any proof. I have switched supplier and haven't been using Worldstream and wouldn't recommend anyone to use them"
    https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1812395

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • amarcamarc Veteran

@packetnext said: Beware of this host.

Why would I ?

Do you have troubles with law ? Do you host illegal content ?

• Worldstream_FrankWorldstream_Frank Member, Patron Provider

@packetnext, thank you for commenting! At Worldstream we believe that promoting a safe internet is vital as a conscious provider. For anyone reading, that means we comply to European laws in order to do legitimate business as it lines up with our mission.

Feel free to read about our policy: https://www.worldstream.com/en/support/abuse

You are free to ask us about terms & conditions before you start your journey with us. Rather, we would encourage to do so in order to avoid having different expectations.

In your last link, which is a bit more recent, we've stated the following and we encourage you to read the topic in full:

"We have clear policies, with a dedicated team ensuring notices are handled properly. Customers receive a warning, which includes the report with the details concerning the abuse. We do not shut down customers without providing adequate information and obey the Notice and Takedown Code."

• @amarc said:

@packetnext said: Beware of this host.

Why would I ?

DMCA is not "the law" in The Netherlands, although they do a good job at being "Uncle Sam's" little slave.

It says clearly that they LIED to customers.

Illegal content is not illegal until a COURT decides so. That is not up to Tim Kuik, nor US law applied in a non-jurisdiction.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • artxsartxs Member

@amarc said:
    Why would I ?

Even if you don't, someone can claim DMCA and bring down your servers. That was the point.

• amarcamarc Veteran

Point being: someone try to act dumb, thought NL is "offshore" , acted stupid on warnings and complains after getting suspended .

So tell me, how and why me, who run corporate websites, email and news portals should "beware of Worldstream"?

• @amarc said: So tell me, how and why me, who run corporate websites, email and news portals should "beware of Worldstream"?

If the first blog post is true, is it not worrying to you that WorldStream, and I quote, "Without a court order, WorldStream cooperated and handed over these servers. It even appears that this privately owned extortionist operation called BREIN only wanted to return the servers to its rightful owners after discussing a financial settlement. Call it what you want but I call that theft and extortion."

Do you personally not find it worrying that Worldstream handed over customer servers to an organization that has zero legal power within the Netherlands? If you don't find it worrying, you might need a checkup, because that's crazy scary.

Thanked by 2yoursunny slmdr
  • amarcamarc Veteran

If the first blog post is true

Do you believe it’s true ? Do you believe in NL I can just come to your house, take your car keys and drive away ?

Let’s stop pretending and be kids.

That WHT also.. Guy acting dumb while we all know he was fully aware of streaming happening

• justaguyjustaguy Member, Host Rep

@packetnext said:
    Beware of this host.

2011: "Without a court order, WorldStream cooperated and handed over these servers"
    https://www.stefandidak.com/2011/02/do-not-host-with-worldstream-thanks-brein/

2019, a quote from worldstream:
    According to Vollebregt, WorldStream is in close contact with the Dutch police and the judiciary to get content offline when there is a legal basis for this. "Sometimes they even ask us to keep certain content online to trace perpetrators. A simple request from a FAPAV or the Dutch equivalent of FAPAV, Stichting Brein, is insufficient in that sense, we cannot agree within Dutch legislation listen to. (google translate).
    https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/tech/artikel/4688766/bedrijf-uit-naaldwijk-blijkt-spin-het-web-van-illegale-televisie-italie

2020: "I received an email from Worldstream telling me to remove DMCA content from my server. But the thing is that I don't have any DMCA related content, I asked them to show me the urls so I can investigate the matter.

But instead of cooperating they shut down my servers without sending any proof. I have switched supplier and haven't been using Worldstream and wouldn't recommend anyone to use them"

Pretty odd situation

• @amarc said: Do you believe in NL I can just come to your house, take your car keys and drive away ?

Where I live, yes. Everyone keeps their doors open because they trust everyone in their town. Welcome to civilized Western countries. Worldstream has a history of making poor decisions, including forcing Incognet to drop downstream customers.

@amarc said: Guy acting dumb while we all know he was fully aware of streaming happening

You are ignoring the problem. If Worldstream simply suspended the server, I don't think anyone would care. Everyone is aware of the risks associated with hosting copyrighted content. The issue lies in the fact that they handed over the servers to BREIN.

Thanked by 1slmdr
  • People need to research worldstream before they buy from them, just as with any other provider.

Is it so difficult to look on WHT before buying something promoted here on LEB?

If people would have for example researched the history of Bap Karreman and Reinier van Eeden (Colinks/Linkup/Quasinetworks/Novogara/IPvolume) they would have never bought a server hosted in their Wormer datacenter.

Just type in worldstream+BREIN (Tim Kuik) on google is enough:

"The site, known as Swan, was taken down by hosting provider WorldStream and without judicial process BREIN seized its servers"
    https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › BREIN

Torrentfreak
    https://torrentfreak.com/brein-seizes-warez-servers-owners-seize-them-back-may-sue-110222/

And then, in 2020, guess what BREIN actually goes via the court
    https://torrentfreak.com/mpa-and-brein-sue-hosting-providers-over-pirate-streaming-service-200416/

https://torrentfreak.com/court-brein-can-continue-action-against-hosts-in-pirate-cdn-streaming-case-210610/

But, Woldstream, by then, and by now still does not understand that DMCA does not apply in The Netherlands.

All that, was explained in the dutch RTLNieuws article I mentioned above:
    THEY WORK WITH POLICE EVEN WHEN SOMETHING DID NOT GO VIA THE COURT.

• Worldstream does not care about it's customers, nor the law, nor their position as a hosting company.

They only care about money.

• artxsartxs Member

@sillycat said:
    You are ignoring the problem. If Worldstream simply suspended the server, I don't think anyone would care.

I would care. It means Dick and Andy can bring any website down by claiming DMCA when there's no evidence of any illegal activity.

• LeviLevi Member

@packetnext said:
    Worldstream does not care about it's customers, nor the law, nor their position as a hosting company.

They only care about money.

Personal vendeta? You have been heard. Enough bashing. Ws is not provider for warez, copyright and alike.

You can blaber whatever you want, but if I,company, decide that you host inapropriate content - I boot you out and keep my network clean. Go and sue.

• @artxs said:

@sillycat said:
    You are ignoring the problem. If Worldstream simply suspended the server, I don't think anyone would care.

I would care. It means Dick and Andy can bring any website down by claiming DMCA when there's no evidence of any illegal activity.

That is actually how it is now with quite some hosting providers, I think also Leaseweb for example.
    Unless you respond within 6 - 12 hours, for a few incidents.

That's also why I though and think that the Incognet and Hostsailor being hosted with Worldstream is.... Interesting.

• artxsartxs Member

@packetnext said:
    That is actually how it is now with quite some hosting providers, I think also Leaseweb for example.
    Unless you respond within 6 - 12 hours, for a few incidents.

That itself is not a problem. The issue is being asked to "respond" on the absence of evidence:

But the thing is that I don't have any DMCA related content, I asked them to show me the urls so I can investigate the matter. But instead of cooperating they shut down my servers without sending any proof.

Exactly what was Worldstream expecting? If there's illegal activity, the "response" must be verifiable. If there's no URL, how does worldstream verify that the issue is fixed? What was the problem to begin with, since there was no evidence from the beginning? It amounts to taking down a server on hearsay or rumors of illegal activity.