Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN with Static/Dedicated IP.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN with Static/Dedicated IP.

anonmouseanonmouse Member
edited March 17 in Requests

Hi,
I'm looking for a VPN service where I'm provided a static/dedicated IP that routes traffic directly to my IP with the provider, where ports are open or portforwarding is available on request, the forwarded traffic should have the original IP and not the VPN IP.

If there are any providers here on LowEndTalk that provides this otherwise if any member knows of others that provide it.

Bandwidth: I'm open to all options, so just to have a very minimum, lets say 100GB and up.
Port Speed: I'm open to all options, so just to have a very minimum, lets say 10Mbit/s and up.

DDoS Protection:
Yes and no, both options are interesting.

Number of IPs: at least 1, more might be interesting.

Budget: No set budget so 0.01 USD and up.

Billing period:
One Time, Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annually, Annually.

Comments

• matey0matey0 Member
    edited March 17

Assuming you want access to all ports, this can be set up with self-hosted wireguard or openvpn on a vps and some firewall rules fairly easily.
    Not aware of any commercial VPNs that do this.

If you only want access to some random ports that the vpn provider allows you to forward, then simply google "vpn with port forwarding".

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR
    edited March 17

@anonmouse said: I'm looking for a VPN service where I'm provided a static/dedicated IP

There are many.. If you look for VPN services that are not focused on 'privacy' you will find them.

You can also 'roll-your-own' with a VPS.

@anonmouse said: directly to my IP with the provider

@anonmouse said: the forwarded traffic should have the original IP and not the VPN IP.

However these could be taken a few different ways, can you explain them in more detail, maybe with an example of how you want it to work.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@anonmouse said: I'm looking for a VPN service where I'm provided a static/dedicated IP that routes traffic directly to my IP with the provider, where ports are open or portforwarding is available on request, the forwarded traffic should have the original IP and not the VPN IP.

I believe the only possible option for you is a VPS (dedicated server as well but might be too overkill for you).

You would need to setup any kind of tunnel (either widespread VPN protocol: OpenVPN/wireguard, or plain encapsulation: IPIP/GRE protocols).

In such setup you would need to have at least two IPv4 addresses on your VPS, so you can use one to establish tunnel and forward another one to your endpoint (like your home PC or whatever you have).

However, if you have IPv6 networking both at the VPS and your endpoint network, single IPv4 address is sufficient because you can establish tunnel using IPv6 addresses, which are not scarce.

• matey0matey0 Member

@tentor said: In such setup you would need to have at least two IPv4 addresses on your VPS, so you can use one to establish tunnel and forward another one to your endpoint (like your home PC or whatever you have).

You can do forwarding with 1 IP.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@matey0 said:

@tentor said: In such setup you would need to have at least two IPv4 addresses on your VPS, so you can use one to establish tunnel and forward another one to your endpoint (like your home PC or whatever you have).

NAT is not what OP seeking for.

• anonmouseanonmouse Member
    edited March 17

Thanks for your replies, as example of providers i found both here on LET and outside of LET,
    Noez
    Inleed
    OVPN
    They allow forwarding/routing traffic over the vpn tunnel so that you get the IP from the visitor and not the IP of the VPN/Tunnel, like it has the origin ip in the header (im not that technical on traffic forwarding) so you can have traffic that is not just http.

Edit:
    Example lets say someone visits a website (or they watch a homevideo on plex) in the log it should say the users "real ip" and not the ip that comes from the tunnel ip range, if im explaining that correctly.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@anonmouse said:
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a VPN service where I'm provided a static/dedicated IP that routes traffic directly to my IP with the provider, where ports are open or portforwarding is available on request, the forwarded traffic should have the original IP and not the VPN IP.

If there are any providers here on LowEndTalk that provides this otherwise if any member knows of others that provide it.

Bandwidth: I'm open to all options, so just to have a very minimum, lets say 100GB and up.
    Port Speed: I'm open to all options, so just to have a very minimum, lets say 10Mbit/s and up.

DDoS Protection:

Billing period:

We'll have this as an option soon: https://incognet.io/wireguard-vpn

• matey0matey0 Member

@tentor said:

@matey0 said:

NAT is not what OP seeking for.

Where does he say that? Besides, there would be no noticable functional difference.

@anonmouse said:
    Thanks for your replies, as example of providers i found both here on LET and outside of LET,
    Noez
    Inleed
    OVPN
    They allow forwarding/routing traffic over the vpn tunnel so that you get the IP from the visitor and not the IP of the VPN/Tunnel, like it has the origin ip in the header (im not that technical on traffic forwarding) so you can have traffic that is not just http.

Edit:
    Example lets say someone visits a website (or they watch a homevideo on plex) in the log it should say the users "real ip" and not the ip that comes from the tunnel ip range, if im explaining that correctly.

This would best be solved by including the source IP in a http header, in your example. No provider is going to allow sending out packets with foreign source IPs, which is called source address spoofing, and can be abused maliciously in various ways.

@anonmouse said:
    They allow forwarding/routing traffic over the vpn tunnel so that you get the IP from the visitor and not the IP of the VPN/Tunnel,

Yes, that is the normal way.. I do exactly this at home with a sizable IP block..

Not complicated or challenging. There are many VPN providers that offer this. The trick is searching NOT for the privacy/anonymous VPN services that there are so many of.

• @MannDude said:

Any ETA on it?

@kevinds said:
    Yes, that is the normal way.. I do exactly this at home with a sizable IP block..

Not complicated or challenging. There are many VPN providers that offer this. The trick is searching NOT for the privacy/anonymous VPN services that there are so many of.

Yes i found noez, inleed and ovpn by searching but i get so many of the "privacy" vpns and vpn review sites and all that stuff (mostly just junk with aff links)
    my plan was/is also to tunnel stuff thats not on static ips and not strictly just http, if you know of any providers and/or solutions feel free to share :)

edited March 18

@anonmouse said:
    my plan was/is also to tunnel stuff thats not on static ips and not strictly just http, if you know of any providers and/or solutions feel free to share :)

FreeRangeCloud is the first that comes to mind.

Other companies, there are many but I don't remember their names without looking them up again, for affordable solutions.

RouterOS router and some rules, everything works like it should. The other advantage is that I can change my local ISP and my static IPs don't change. Failover to LTE data too..

• layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@anonmouse said:
    Hi,

DDoS Protection:

Billing period:

Hi,

we can offer via openVPN a tunnel with a public IP.

So the public IP will be on your tunnel end and you can bind your local service to that IP. Usually customer use that to run a server that needs static IPs on a dial in connection or when they are mobile.

If interested, let me know if you want it.

Price is 9,99 EUR / month + 5,- EUR setup one time. Prices without vat.

Available in germany - frankfurt/main and france - paris

Thanked by 1anonmouse
  • R4ainR4ain Member

Windscribe

• Akriti_JoshiAkriti_Joshi Member
    edited March 18

Hi,
    Considering your requirements, I suggest that you should visit - the Mainvps website. They have plans that will suit your requirements.
    https://mainvps.net/

• shruubshruub Member

https://prq.se/?p=tunnel
    Might be another provider to check out, on the expensive side especially for port speed.

• purchase yearly lowend VPS. Connect your client, set IPtables for your prefer port. DM me if you need help.

@R4ain said: Windscribe

WTF? No!

edited March 18

Now that I go looking for them, I can't find them.. I found 4 a few nights ago not looking for them..

Here is a UK based one.

https://www.aa.net.uk/broadband/l2tp-service/

Another US one

https://tritan.gg/ips

"IPv4 Tunnel - /26 Block"

Someone after my heart... haha I already have two at home.. Definitely don't need a 3rd /26.. ;)

Thanked by 1anonmouse
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@MannDude said:

@anonmouse said:
    Hi,

DDoS Protection:

Billing period:

@op wait for @MannDude 's service, i'm sure it'll be great! :)

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • xvpsxvps Member

@Akriti_Joshi said:
    Hi,
    Considering your requirements, I suggest that you should visit - the Mainvps website. They have plans that will suit your requirements.

They?

Your wrote on your profile that you work for mainvps. :)

No congrats on your first post.

edited March 19

@R4ain said:
    Windscribe

They do provide static ip but u share it with other people, so not that great.

@Akriti_Joshi said:
    Hi,

If i understand correctly you work for this company, you need someone to fix the site, there is grammar error etc, instantly put me off from being interested when the text is just "broken"

@shruub said:
    https://prq.se/?p=tunnel
    Might be another provider to check out, on the expensive side especially for port speed.

Yes they're been around so long but way to expansive for as you say the port speed.

• amampamamampam Member
    edited March 19

You can use Mikrotik Dedicated server or Mikrotik VPS
    Mikrotik OS is great for that you needs.
    There is a lot of documentation and information.
    I am using Mikrotik Dedicated server form https://bgocloud.com

@rsk said:

Use the FreeRangeCloud service now.. It is great and no need to wait..

I have my router configured that if for example I use port 2 the host gets a LAN, NAT'd IP, if I use port 3 the host gets a public IP from the VPN block.

Thanked by 2rsk anonmouse
  • Hello Mike
    I recommend checking out Express VPN, NordVPN, or PureVPN. They offer dedicated/static IPs with port forwarding options upon request. Additionally, they provide DDoS protection and have servers in both the US and EU. While their pricing are based on subscription length and features, they offer a range of bandwidth options to suit your needs.

• @amampam said:
    You can use Mikrotik Dedicated server or Mikrotik VPS
    Mikrotik OS is great for that you needs.
    There is a lot of documentation and information.
    I am using Mikrotik Dedicated server form https://bgocloud.com

From what i understand i need to buy at least a P1 license else i'm limited to 1Mbit/s?

@kevinds said:

@rsk said:

Use the FreeRangeCloud service now.. It is great and no need to wait..

I have my router configured that if for example I use port 2 the host gets a LAN, NAT'd IP, if I use port 3 the host gets a public IP from the VPN block.

Yes FreeRangeCloud seems to be the best option if you go by both price and locations to pick from and my idea is similar, routing some traffic both in and out at the local router.

@pankaj05 said:
    Hello Mike
    I recommend checking out Express VPN, NordVPN, or PureVPN. They offer dedicated/static IPs with port forwarding options upon request. Additionally, they provide DDoS protection and have servers in both the US and EU. While their pricing are based on subscription length and features, they offer a range of bandwidth options to suit your needs.

Hi, but i'm not Mike.
    I think those usual "privacy" vpn providers that offers dedicated/static ip tend to get very expansive, as its often a "addon" to their normal accounts (and some even have to add port forwarding as a 2nd addon) and from what i can see ExpressVPN does not provide dedicated and/or static IPs.

@anonmouse said: From what i understand i need to buy at least a P1 license else i'm limited to 1Mbit/s?

Yes

@anonmouse said: Yes FreeRangeCloud seems to be the best option if you go by both price and locations to pick from and my idea is similar, routing some traffic both in and out at the local router.

What are you using for a local router?

edited March 21

@kevinds said:
    What are you using for a local router?

TLDR:
    Untangle, likely OPNsense soon.

I been using Untangle (home/homepro license) for a couple of years and well since Arista bought them i been thinking this is gonna change and last week they made the announcement that the home licenses are getting killed off.
    So i got until 30 april to extend my license 1 or 3 years, or look into something else and i been looking at OPNsense with Zenamor.