Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Question] About CyberPanel, FastPanel and Softaculous
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Question] About CyberPanel, FastPanel and Softaculous

dhmodhmo Member

Questions
1. does CyberPanel or FastPanel complety free and supported to use it on shared hosting?
2. can I use softaculous with CyberPanel/FastPanel? I know i need to buy license.

Please answer :)

If you know free and better alternative of DirectAdmin or cPanel with softacolunos support, Let me know!

Comments

• Yo can also use Virtualmin it's free and all in one

• dhmodhmo Member

Thanks I'll search it later

• @dhmo said:
    Thanks I'll search it later

https://www.virtualmin.com/download/

• dhmodhmo Member
    edited March 17

I mean, search for features, and something others

• amjamj Member

@dhmo said:
    1. does CyberPanel or FastPanel complety free and supported to use it on shared hosting?

They do not work on shared hosting.

1. can I use softaculous with CyberPanel/FastPanel? I know i need to buy license.

AFAIK they do not support Softaculous.
    CyberPanel has several apps installer.
    FASTPANEL has WordPress installer.

If you know free and better alternative of DirectAdmin or cPanel with softacolunos support, Let me know!

myVesta supports Softaculous.
    Hestia Control Panel does not support Softaculous but has some installers for webapps.

• dhmodhmo Member

Okay thanks.
    Which license of softaculous should I buy if I use myVesta?

and Both myBesta and Hestia is free and support "shared hosting" thing right?

• Go for Enhance, you pay but the support worth it, they help you very much and very fast response.

Thanked by 1meditatingsurgeon
  • dhmodhmo Member

what do you mean by that

• amjamj Member
    edited March 17

@dhmo said:

You should install any contol panel into VPS or dedi, then buy VPS/Dedicated Server License of Softaculous.
    myVesta and Hestia are free.
    These ontrol panels are for "doing shared hosting yourself", not to run on a shared hosting.

Edit: @COLBYLICIOUS said about "Enhance" hosting control panel.

Thanked by 1dhmo
  • xvpsxvps Member

You can find a list in Softaculous' docs.

https://www.softaculous.com/docs/admin/installing-softaculous/

• dhmodhmo Member

@amj said:

@dhmo said:

You should install any contol panel into VPS or dedi, then buy VPS/Dedicated Server License of Softaculous.
    myVesta and Hestia are free.
    These ontrol panels are for "doing shared hosting yourself", not to run on a shared hosting.

Edit: @COLBYLICIOUS said about "Enhance" hosting control panel.

Yes, I am wants to start shared hosting service like many other provider did.

so I can do that with myVesta or Hestia. thanks you!

• dhmodhmo Member

p.s:
    *> Edit: @COLBYLICIOUS said about "Enhance" hosting control panel.
    Thanks for the links. I cloun't found it cuz google search give me another resutls so

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

If you buy shared hosting you should get direct admin/cPanel/plesk or other within the package, if you have a VPS or dedicated i recommend you go for sPanel or enhance simply because they support openlitespeed which is a substantial performance boost for free and they're both for $5 a month and you get 24/7/365 support which is mega value, if you require softaculous exclusively then search for panels that directly support it but tbh just avoid the major hassle and go with the recommendations mentioned :smile:

Thanked by 1COLBYLICIOUS
  • dhmodhmo Member

@HAMSW said:
    If you buy shared hosting you should get direct admin/cPanel/plesk or other within the package, if you have a VPS or dedicated i recommend you go for sPanel or enhance simply because they support openlitespeed which is a substantial performance boost for free and they're both for $5 a month and you get 24/7/365 support which is mega value, if you require softaculous exclusively then search for panels that directly support it but tbh just avoid the major hassle and go with the recommendations mentioned :smile:

You don't understand my question looks like...

I asked for "BEST FREE PANEL" for I start shared hosting, and customer to use it.
    and DirectAdmin, cPanel are good but so expensive.
    I need Cheaper or Free Panel, and that support Softaculonos.

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

@dhmo said:

@HAMSW said:

I asked for "BEST FREE PANEL" for I start shared hosting, and customer to use it.

Honestly I understood your question just went through the whole process that's why I'm advising you to avoid going down that road...

CyberPanel is honestly so bad at the moment you're pushed to upgrade and buy the paid version of it to use the majority of it's features which are completely free in other panels (it used to be better in older versions but still it never was amazing) also the free version doesn't function well for resellers.

Fast Panel seemed to be very basic, I've tried it but skipped it after 1 day to be honest it doesn't feel to be particularly great at any thing but you can get it to "just work" i guess.

HestiaCP might be the simplest free to use panel and could work very well but I doubt it has softaculous support (haven't really checked)

CloudPanel is great to host your own stuff but doesn't function as a reseller panel

Webmin/Virtualmin might be your best option but still I doubt it works with softaculous, it's UI is pretty awful, super hassle to setup for the first time (you'll drown in the heaps of options and settings there that you could change eventually missing important settings or wasting time configuring settings that don't make a big impact anyways) and it's script installer and resources limiter are also paid features.

Don't waste your time and give your clients a good experience.

Get a paid panel that fits your needs and works well without much configuration/hassle.

Essentially you'll be losing a small and potentially negligible margin of your profit and saving a lot of time which can be turned into more profit or peace of mind at the very least (in most cases you'll win both).

Best of luck.

• freakguyfreakguy Member
    edited March 18

@dhmo you can just buy some vps with free plesk lisence. like https://www.ionos.com/servers/vps . It's the plesk web host edition. here you can create customer and reseller accounts. then get an billing panel like whmcs (paid) or paymenter(free) and setup your website and connect the billing panel with plesk server for automatic deployment. And you are done.

• dhmodhmo Member

@HAMSW said:

@dhmo said:

@HAMSW said:

Honestly I understood your question just went through the whole process that's why I'm advising you to avoid going down that road...

CyberPanel is honestly so bad at the moment you're pushed to upgrade and buy the paid version of it to use the majority of it's features which are completely free in other panels (it used to be better in older versions but still it never was amazing) also the free version doesn't function well for resellers.

Fast Panel seemed to be very basic, I've tried it but skipped it after 1 day to be honest it doesn't feel to be particularly great at any thing but you can get it to "just work" i guess.

HestiaCP might be the simplest free to use panel and could work very well but I doubt it has softaculous support (haven't really checked)

CloudPanel is great to host your own stuff but doesn't function as a reseller panel

Webmin/Virtualmin might be your best option but still I doubt it works with softaculous, it's UI is pretty awful, super hassle to setup for the first time (you'll drown in the heaps of options and settings there that you could change eventually missing important settings or wasting time configuring settings that don't make a big impact anyways) and it's script installer and resources limiter are also paid features.

Get a paid panel that fits your needs and works well without much configuration/hassle.

Essentially you'll be losing a small and potentially negligible margin of your profit and saving a lot of time which can be turned into more profit or peace of mind at the very least (in most cases you'll win both).

Best of luck.

Thanks.
    I am using FastPanel right now, because Free and support to create user/reseller account.
    It's not supported Softaculonos but its definitely better than options like 99% features are paid, and need to buy also softaculonos license.

I am planning very cheap and include only basic features one, I will tell my customer "if need softaculonos, please choice directadmin shared hosting plan"

(I also bought reseller hosting from other so)

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

@dhmo said:

@HAMSW said:

@dhmo said:

@HAMSW said:

Best of luck.

Thanks.
    I am using FastPanel right now, because Free and support to create user/reseller account.
    It's not supported Softaculonos but its definitely better than options like 99% features are paid, and need to buy also softaculonos license.

I am planning very cheap and include only basic features one, I will tell my customer "if need softaculonos, please choice directadmin shared hosting plan"

Have you actually tried FastPanel and got it to work properly? If so, what is your opinion on it?

• dhmodhmo Member

@HAMSW said:

@dhmo said:

@HAMSW said:

@dhmo said:

@HAMSW said:

Best of luck.

Thanks.

Have you actually tried FastPanel and got it to work properly? If so, what is your opinion on it?

Firstly, Install is very easy, and It's free.
    Secondly, Features are very Basic(create user,reseller user, allowcate storage, and file manager, dns, email, multiple sites, nice dashboard), and It's enough for me.

Lastly, It's great option for Self Hosted Personal use(just host your website) and
    budget webhosting with very low price.

If you have enough budget and wants to do Hosting Service, I will recommend cPanel, DirectAdmin with Softaculonos.

If you don't have enough budget and wants to do Hosting Service, I will recommend FastPanel, however as I said It is only have basic features so If you wants to do something like "best hosting" I can't recommend FastPanel.

Sorry for my bad English, I am learning English still.

I hope this helped!

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

CWP supports softaculuos and it's free

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@HAMSW said:

I recently tried just about every panel there is since I needed something for personal use and I ended up with Fastpanel. Easy to install, has every feature you could ever need, it's fast and just works. I probably spent 10 hours on just getting some panels to work and then they still sucked, but Fastpanel worked right out of the box and does everything I need and more.

I have only used it with ~15 or so smaller sites and a couple of email domains so I do not know how well suited it would be for hosting, but it does support reseller accounts so I guess it's doable.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

If you really need some free panel, I can't recommend ISPConfig enough.
    Honestly is a really simple, stable and has almost all basic features you'd need.

Also, looks like has Softaculous integration:
    https://www.softaculous.com/docs/admin/installing-softaculous-in-ispconfig/

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

ISPConfig is strong and so rich in configuration which can get you thinking why did you ever install it for the amount of work you have to do to get everything set up properly

• dhmodhmo Member
    edited March 20

thanks, is that has something like subaccount?
    I mean customers account for webhost i mean

• @dhmo said:
    thanks, is that has something like subaccount?
    I mean customers account for webhost i mean

Yes, Virtualmin.com will have this

• MumblyMumbly Member

I am familiar with Softaculous in cPanel and DirectAdmin, but I didn't know it might also work in other control panels. Quite intriguing.

Subscribed.

• keonkeon Member

Ideally Solfaculous should be able to be used with any panel, there are a few with they recommend, but other will require configuration I believe.