Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else having DKIM issues with mail.baby?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone else having DKIM issues with mail.baby?

sulzsulz Member

Hello, I have been using Hostbrr's shared hosting plan and separate multiple mail.baby accounts to send emails. The issue is that mail.baby is not properly DKIM signing the messages nor Hostbrr is taking responsibility.

I am using Wordpress plugin Mailpoet to connect with mail.baby using SMTP connection. Every email I send gets SPF verified, DMARC verified but not DKIM.

Has anyone else experienced such issues with mail.baby?
Please let me know

Comments

• @sulz said:
    I am using Wordpress plugin Mailpoet to connect with mail.baby using SMTP connection. Every email I send gets SPF verified, DMARC verified but not DKIM.

You're connecting to mail.baby directly?

• sulzsulz Member
    edited March 16

@jcolideles said:

@sulz said:

using SMTP connection or even with API using their plugin, the messages do not get DKIM signed

• @sulz said:

@jcolideles said:

@sulz said:

using SMTP connection or even with API using their plugin, the messages do not get DKIM signed

Yes they don't. They just pass along dkim from your MTA.

• sulzsulz Member

@jcolideles said:

@sulz said:

@jcolideles said:

@sulz said:

any MTA u suggest that properly signs the message before delivering?

• @sulz said:

@jcolideles said:

@sulz said:

@jcolideles said:

@sulz said:

Exim or Postfix+ OpenDKIM

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • sulzsulz Member

@jcolideles said:

@sulz said:

@jcolideles said:

@sulz said:

@jcolideles said:

@sulz said:

hey, thank you for your suggestion, it seems like I will not be able to avail the above mentioned options as I am using Cpanel shared hosting account from hostbrr.com where I have hosted 5 of my websites.

I am now using PHPList with their DKIM plugin, I am using the same DKIM record, cpanel is using i.e default._domainkey and using their private key in the dkim plugin of phplist...

Now the issue is, when I send email to gmail, I get the following error for DKIM:
    dkim=neutral (body hash did not verify)

• @sulz said:

@jcolideles said:

@sulz said:

@jcolideles said:

@sulz said:

@jcolideles said:

@sulz said:

hey, thank you for your suggestion, it seems like I will not be able to avail the above mentioned options as I am using Cpanel shared hosting account from hostbrr.com where I have hosted 5 of my websites.

I am now using PHPList with their DKIM plugin, I am using the same DKIM record, cpanel is using i.e default._domainkey and using their private key in the dkim plugin of phplist...

Now the issue is, when I send email to gmail, I get the following error for DKIM:
    dkim=neutral (body hash did not verify)

You should use your shared hosting provider smtp host. Don't connect on mailbaby directly.

• HAMSWHAMSW Member

There's a full guide on how to properly manually configure DKIM in DNS on YouTube (too tired to search for the link writing this from bed) but it should resolve your issue

• sulzsulz Member

@HAMSW said:
    There's a full guide on how to properly manually configure DKIM in DNS on YouTube (too tired to search for the link writing this from bed) but it should resolve your issue

well i have been doing this for 48 hours now lol. Followed every guide that fits my situation. But I always end up with incorrect DKIM body hash signature...

• quagsquags Member

Mail baby will pass along headers like dkim, as well as the entire message as is and any headers added will not break the dkim signature. This has been tested under postfix (like plesk/mailcow) and exim (cpanel/directadmin). If you are using wordpress, you may want to try out the plugin called 'deliverability' as one solution. Double check the dns record as well. For DKIM signing with in mailbaby itself, this has been suggested by some users and something being looked at possibly going first into the API.

• I have been going back and forth with mail.baby this morning. It seems they are stripping the originating server's dkim header.

If I use mail.baby, mxtoolbox reports: Signature domain not aligned

When I change to smtp2go, mxtoolbox reports both dkims, and is happy.

I don't want to change, but there are only so many hours in the day and Interserver support seems convinced that I am doing something wrong. They may be correct, but the fact remains, all is well with smtp2go, things fall apart when sending via mail.baby.

I didn't thoroughly investigate this, however it appears mail.baby uses mailchannels and strips all dkim when sending to gmail, I am not sure what's going on there.

• quagsquags Member

Please pm your ticket number and I will check more into it. Headers won't be stripped out, and I'd be curious if you did a test to gmail if it shows aligned in the headers. A potential issue maybe is the transport signing of the hostname, which certainly can be adjusted if there is an issue.

• I love having Interserver on my team - I am not sure what's going on, or where I went wrong, however I am confident Interserver will help me clear this issue!

• @KatyComputer said:
    I have been going back and forth with mail.baby this morning. It seems they are stripping the originating server's dkim header.

Are you using cPanel? If so, make sure that in the Exim Configuration Manager > Advanced Editor > TRANSPORTSTART, you got:

dkim_domain = ${perl{get_dkim_domain}}

and not:

dkim_domain = $sender_address_domain