Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any cheap "unlimited" bandwidth VPS out there?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there any cheap "unlimited" bandwidth VPS out there?

Do providers with cheap VPS exist with close to real "unlimited" monthly bandwidth? (around 40-60TB to be specific).
For some tasks such as surveillance streams (home use), the accumulated traffic can be quite high. The only 2 providers where I couldn't find any restrictions (on Google) were OVH and IONOS. Does anyone have experience with these 2 (with high traffic usage)?
Or other recommendations for approx. 50TB (~100 Mbps continuous usage + regular spikes at 500-1000 Mbps).
I do understand bandwidth equals money.

Comments

• matey0matey0 Member
    edited March 15

netcup has 80tb traffic included in their vps offers, starting at 3.25€, and after that it's throttled to 100mbps

Thanked by 1lowendtalkxdax
  • edrebeedrebe Member

Layer7 -> 50 TB

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@lowendtalkxdax said: the accumulated traffic can be quite high

What do you do with the data once it is on the server?

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • davidedavide Member
    edited March 15

Aeza has (no aff)

• 1 Cores
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 30 GB NVMe
    • up to 1 GBits/s
    • 1 IPv4 1 IPv6
    • unmetered bandwidth

For €2.17 / month (yearly). See product specs (aff)
    This is with unmetered bandwidth. Has Europe and Asia.

• Wenlee8Wenlee8 Member

Netcup root server, if you limit down your speed after exceeding the 120TB bandwidth, it’s actually 1G@unmetered.

• @matey0 said:
    netcup has 80tb traffic included in their vps offers, starting at 3.25€, and after that it's throttled to 100mbps

you remembered me, I actually have a VPS at netcup which I had idling around.

@kevinds said:

@lowendtalkxdax said: the accumulated traffic can be quite high

What do you do with the data once it is on the server?

All the video material is stored locally, a real time stream to the cloud, without storing it there.

@davide this also looks really good, thx!

• atroxzatroxz Member

define cheap.

• edited March 15

@davide said:
    Aeza has (no aff)

• 1 Cores
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 30 GB NVMe
    • up to 1 GBits/s
    • 1 IPv4 1 IPv6
    • unmetered bandwidth

Is the Aeza bandwidth truly unmetered or is there a "fair use" policy?

Hard to believe they would allow you to use 1gbps or even 100mbps 24/7 for a month.

I asked OVH if their bandwidth was truly unmetered and they told me they have a fair use policy which they do not disclose to customers.

I've heard that the Ionos "unlimited" bandwidth is only like 1-2TB before they suspend your account.

• davidedavide Member
    edited March 15

@johnvmevpstorage: their wiki only mentions restrictions about bulk allocation of hardware for new accounts, like GCP and Azure have. I haven't found an AUP but that may depend on the datacenter. For Germany Aeza is hosted in Falkenstein so likely they apply Hetzner's policy there which is generous for bandwidth. For other locations I suppose there are common sense limits.

@johnvmevpstorage said:
    Hard to believe they would allow you to use 1gbps or even 100mbps 24/7 for a month.

Incoming traffic vs outgoing may make a large difference on enforcement.

• conceptconcept Member

Avoro is great too. They guarantee 1gbit. With OVH, they literally don't care.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • conceptconcept Member

@johnvmevpstorage said:
    I asked OVH if their bandwidth was truly unmetered and they told me they have a fair use policy which they do not disclose to customers.

That is odd because I've been able to use full gigabit on their vpses for months.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited March 16

I had $2 vps (monthly billing - BF special) with Admin Server with 330 TB monthly bandwidth.

Any high limit defined bandwidth is much better than so called “unmetered bandwidth”

• MoopahMoopah Member
    edited March 16

@dev_vps said:
    I had $2 vps (monthly billing - BF special) with Admin Server with 330 TB monthly bandwidth.

Any high limit defined bandwidth is much better than so called “unmetered bandwidth”

I agree, I rather have a high defined bandwidth than a fake unmetered bandwidth, not that I just more than 1G anyway

• My friend is using IONOS and his monthly consumption goes beyond 100TB with no problem.

• @anubhavhirani said:
    My friend is using IONOS and his monthly consumption goes beyond 100TB with no problem.

100 TB ?? Woh

• @dev_vps said:

Is that offer still available?

• zGatozGato Member
    edited March 16

@davide said:
    Aeza has (no aff)

• 1 Cores
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 30 GB NVMe
    • up to 1 GBits/s
    • 1 IPv4 1 IPv6
    • unmetered bandwidth

@johnvmevpstorage: their wiki only mentions restrictions about bulk allocation of hardware for new accounts, like GCP and Azure have. I haven't found an AUP but that may depend on the datacenter. For Germany Aeza is hosted in Falkenstein so likely they apply Hetzner's policy there which is generous for bandwidth. For other locations I suppose there are common sense limits.

you have absolutely no idea about Aéza, and still shit spam your aff links.

hong kong and london costs aproximately double. they offer a whole /48 IPv6, not 1 IPv6.
    it's not unmetered bandwidth, it's unlimited bandwidth.
    10Gbps unlimited on some locations too btw.

They're not in Hetzner for any location except for Finland, they're on Interxion (except Moscow and have no clue about HK and GB), stop spreading bullshit.

oh, and you should read their ToS as you seem to not have done on registration, if you use too much bandwidth, you'll get your antiddos protection lifted. I've used over 100TB in a month in Moscow and had no issues with them, obviously without antiddos.

(oh, and the pricing you mention is only for the first year)

• @concept said:

@johnvmevpstorage said:

That is odd because I've been able to use full gigabit on their vpses for months.

Which plan are you on? I'm on their cheapest plan.

• davidedavide Member
    edited March 16

@zGato

eheh I knew you would lose your mind if I started to promote Aeza services :lol:

For the record, the info and prices I posted are correct. They refer to the yearly billing cycle w/o backups included. And I read the ToS translated from Russian.

I actually like Aeza quite a lot, it's a pity they don't promote themselves as much as other providers.

Cheers :)

• zGatozGato Member
    edited March 16

@davide said:
    eheh I knew you would lose your mind if I started to promote Aeza services :lol:

? you were against me for doing so, and now you're doing it lmao

For the record, the info and prices I posted are correct. They refer to the yearly billing cycle w/o backups included.

only first year, and some locations costs more, Hong Kong and London.

And I read the ToS translated from Russian.

you forgot 5.1 ;)
    aeza.net's ToS is in English.

and what's this about?

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

Currently have this on special

Plan Information

2 Ryzen 9 7900 Cores (Fair Use)
    1 GB Dedicated DDR5 Ram
    25 GB NVME Storage
    20 TB Premium Bandwidth (20000 GB)
    1 Gbp's Network Access Port
    Virtualizor Control Panel
    1 IPv4 Address
    /112 IPv6 Included
    200 Gbp's DDOS Protection
    Linux Only
    24x7 Technical Support
    Free Instant Activation

GBP - £4.50 (£3.15)
    USD - $5.75 ($4.02)

*First month discount price.
    Currency price conversion correct at time of email being sent

claim a nice 30% discount on your first month by using the code 3G1LYGQ9A4 during the checkout

Direct Order Link - https://clientcp.net/index.php?rp=/store/special-offers/high-traffic-1g-special-uk&promocode=3G1LYGQ9A4

If you inbox / create a ticket after activation I will double the bandwidth

• conceptconcept Member

@johnvmevpstorage said:

VLE-4

• @Wenlee8 said:
    Netcup root server, if you limit down your speed after exceeding the 120TB bandwidth, it’s actually 1G@unmetered.

They downgraded that offer with their new G11 rootservers. Now it’s 3TB a day or else you’re throttled to 300 mbits

• @concept said:

@johnvmevpstorage said:

VLE-4

Surprising they let you use 1gbps 24/7 for months.

Most providers e.g. buyVM would only let you use 100mbps on that 4GB plan

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@johnvmevpstorage said:

@dev_vps said:

Is that offer still available?

There was a typo in the provider name - it is Advin Server

Nope. this offer is no longer available
    It was a BF offer.

The highlight was 330 TB bandwidth limit.

• Wenlee8Wenlee8 Member

@user59826 said:

@Wenlee8 said:

They downgraded that offer with their new G11 rootservers. Now it’s 3TB a day or else you’re throttled to 300 mbits

Oh I don’t know that! So the new one is 90TB/monthly?

@lowendtalkxdax said: a real time stream to the cloud, without storing it there.

Why though? As I asked, what do you do with the data once it is on the server?