Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

doing Hosting Provider in Japan require approved from gov, what about your country?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

doing Hosting Provider in Japan require approved from gov, what about your country?

dhmodhmo Member

Doing Hosting Provider(ISP) in Japan require submitting docs to MIA(Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications) and get approved.
What about in your country?

I wanan just know this, is that only Japan or its same in other countries.

Please answer if you know :)

Thanked by 1helloitsmeagain

Comments

• China: Hold my beer

• dhmodhmo Member

what do you mean?

• dhmodhmo Member

P.s: there was an laws in japan and as I know.
    I need to resubmit docs again when I upgrade/downgrade or change infrastructure.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@dhmo said:
    what do you mean?

China is well known for restrictive policies.

• dhmodhmo Member

ye ik, i am still asking about other countries xd
    ty

• yaty497yaty497 Member

In india govt is very supportive. no need to do any hectic documenation, you are good to go with very minimal paper work

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@dhmo said: Doing Hosting Provider(ISP) in Japan require submitting docs to MIA(Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications) and get approved.

No , in Romania don't need any papers and Romania guvernament don't know what it's Hosting/Tech industry

• dhmodhmo Member

@Calin said:

@dhmo said: Doing Hosting Provider(ISP) in Japan require submitting docs to MIA(Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications) and get approved.

No , in Romania don't need any papers and Romania guvernament don't know what it's Hosting/Tech industry

I'll move to romania if I do hosting company then :)

Thanked by 1Calin
  • dhmodhmo Member
    edited March 13

@yaty497 said:
    In india govt is very supportive. no need to do any hectic documenation, you are good to go with very minimal paper work

nice :)

can you explain me about "minimal paper"?

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

From this year, Russian Federation also require hosting provider to be registered in special state registry.

• dhmodhmo Member

Ohhh,,, I see

• I suspect that this kind of fascist nonsense will soon be coming from the EU too.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • dhmodhmo Member

what do you mean?

• VoidVoid Member

In some places, doing anyone before marriage is frowned upon, let alone hosting providers

• danblazedanblaze Member
    edited March 13

If we're going to get serious about explaining it, in China you certainly can, but you probably need to:

1. a physical company.
    2. A value-added telecommunications business licence.
    3. a minimum of three employees who pay into a social security fund.
  • @dhmo said: Doing Hosting Provider(ISP) in Japan require submitting docs to MIA(Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications) and get approved.

Not really. Amazon, Google, and Microsoft aren't "approved" on their cloud offerings. Registration of telecommunication business (電気通信事業の登録) will only be necessary if you physically lay your own cables crossing a prefecture boundary. Leasing dark fibers doesn't count.

It's still mandatory to file a notification of telecommunication business (電気通信事業の届出) though, whenever you provide "telecommunication service" as a business and that includes hosting business, but there is no review process.

Thanked by 1xxsl
  • aulyaryanaulyaryan Member
    edited March 13

Indonesia: Just do your business until your revenue 4.8 billion IDR. After that you must make a company to comply with VAT and income tax rules.

Thanked by 1Veldanava
  • dhmodhmo Member

@udonworld said:

Not really. Amazon, Google, and Microsoft aren't "approved" on their cloud offerings. Registration of telecommunication business (電気通信事業の登録) will only be necessary if you physically lay your own cables crossing a prefecture boundary. Leasing dark fibers doesn't count.

It's still mandatory to file a notification of telecommunication business (電気通信事業の届出) though, whenever you provide "telecommunication service" as a business and that includes hosting business, but there is no review process.

I think there is no way to check is they got approved or not.

• @dhmo said:
    Doing Hosting Provider(ISP) in Japan require submitting docs to MIA(Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications) and get approved.
    What about in your country?

I wanan just know this, is that only Japan or its same in other countries.

Please answer if you know :)

yes, hosting Providers (ISPs) in Denmark are required to submit certain documents to the Danish Ministry (MIA) for approval before they can provide hosting services in the country.

• dhmodhmo Member

I understand, but Its one time right
    As I heared JP Law is require to submit it again when sever infrastructure is changed

• As far as I know, if you wanna have IPs or start ISP business here in India you don't need to submit major/specific documentation to Govt. Ofcourse you will be doing a normal business registration within Internet Services class and you're good.

India has it's own semi govt authority (nixi) where you can register ASN, and get IPs. If you're going through them instead of direct APNIC then that might require additional documentation.

But Govt side will not be that restrictive. :)

• shruubshruub Member

@Calin said:

In Romania you can even create basement hosts being 14 years old or something!

Thanked by 2Calin TerenceCooper
  • dhmodhmo Member

I asked someone in the know,
    In most cases, notification is required to perform Internet-related services,
    In other words, in order to operate a hosting business in Japan, you need to file a notification, and you need to file a notification every time you modify your server.

In other words, the conclusion is that notification is required to operate a hosting business in Japan, and that notification is required every time a server is modified.

I am no longer proud to be a citizen of this country... :(

• wwwrootswwwroots Member
    edited March 25

in indonesia, you can make company hosting without legal paper, IF you make company using .id domain like .co.id or any .id tld, you need legal paper like identity card or id card and company task paper. No need require submitting docs or type of that.

Mostly indonesia goverment dont know how tech is, they all lack of knowledge about it. Because so many corruption on this country. :)

Thanked by 1Veldanava
  • dhmodhmo Member

I need to submit for DO hosting.
    not create company

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@dhmo said: What about in your country?

In the US, nothing is required. Land of the free.

Thanked by 1techdragon
  • dhmodhmo Member

Yeah probably its only Japan :((

• @dhmo said:
    I asked someone in the know,
    In most cases, notification is required to perform Internet-related services,
    In other words, in order to operate a hosting business in Japan, you need to file a notification, and you need to file a notification every time you modify your server.

In other words, the conclusion is that notification is required to operate a hosting business in Japan, and that notification is required every time a server is modified.

I am no longer proud to be a citizen of this country... :(

You may want to look into establishing a foreign LLC and trading through that.

• dhmodhmo Member

@techdragon said: You may want to look into establishing a foreign LLC and trading through that.

true.
    its best way for now

what country is your recommend?

• sassliksasslik Member

In Estonia, also nothing is required.