Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 8G/AMD 59xx (equivalent) w/ Win 11 in Asia (HK, SG, JP)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 8G/AMD 59xx (equivalent) w/ Win 11 in Asia (HK, SG, JP)

edited March 12 in Requests

Looking for a stable VPS provider for a Windows machine I intend to use as a personal desktop.

Must be able to install Windows 11 Pro - I have my own legit license. This means TPM 2.0 is enabled. Happy to install it myself - will provide the ISO.

At least 6-8G RAM
At least 3-4 core AMD 59xx or equivalent. Not too keen old Intel processors.

I am based out of Hong Kong.

I am looking for something that has sub 30ms latency because I will be using it as a daily use desktop machine. Ideally in Hong Kong or Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo....

Thanks y'all.

Comments

• sh97sh97 Member

Check with @Abd and @kuroit , might be able to offer you something.

Thanked by 3ManishPant kuroit Abd
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@bojackhorseman We have AMD Ryzen9 3900X in SG and JP, if that suits you, we can offer something for sure.

Looking Glass:

SG: https://sg.lg.kuroit.com
    JP: 45.67.86.2

• IvanIvan Member

You can perhaps check with Speedypage? They have Ryzens available in SG and Tokyo.

• @Ivan said:
    You can perhaps check with Speedypage? They have Ryzens available in SG and Tokyo.

I am actually with them and everything is awesome except they don't support Win 11 and my applications don't work the best on Win Server.

• davidedavide Member

HostHatch has (no aff)

• 4 AMD EPYC Milan core (1 dedicated, 3 fair-shared cores)
    • 12 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 50 GB NVMe Storage
    • 5 TB bandwidth (2TB in HKG, TOK, SYD, SGP)
    • Hong Kong

For $12 / month. See product specs (aff)
    They allow Windows but no idea about TPM.

• @davide said:
    HostHatch has (no aff)

• 12 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 50 GB NVMe Storage
    • Hong Kong

Thanks - looks very reasonable - I have purchased one and raised a ticket - let's see if they support Win 11 Pro.

• @ManishPant said:
    @bojackhorseman We have AMD Ryzen9 3900X in SG and JP, if that suits you, we can offer something for sure.

Looking Glass:

Singapore is definitely faster for me.

You can help me install Windows 11 Pro? (I have the licensed ISO)

• zGatozGato Member

@bojackhorseman what's your reasonable budget for this?

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@bojackhorseman said:

@ManishPant said:

Looking Glass:

Singapore is definitely faster for me.

You can help me install Windows 11 Pro? (I have the licensed ISO)

Yes, just provide us the iso link and we will mount it for you.

• @davide said:
    HostHatch has (no aff)

• 12 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 50 GB NVMe Storage
    • Hong Kong

HostHatch - first experience is pretty dismal.
    They haven't responded to my ticket. Looks like their support is non existent - no live chat nothing.
    When compared with KuroIT, WebHorizons, SpeedyPage, UserCloud... All of them are ready to help - HostHatch is sleeping...

• @zGato said:

~20 bucks seems to get me up to 12 gigs of ram and 4 AMD cores + at least 70 GB NVME here...

• IvanIvan Member

How's your experience so far using CPU-only VM as a remote desktop for work? Especially Windows 11 which is more graphically/animation intensive than Windows Server.

• sh97sh97 Member

Slightly above your budget, but checkout Aeza.net - they are available in HK. Very solid network and performance, the last time I checked, and it comes with 7950XD.

Thanked by 1AezaHost
  • @Ivan said:
    How's your experience so far using CPU-only VM as a remote desktop for work? Especially Windows 11 which is more graphically/animation intensive than Windows Server.

I haven't found anyone who is sub 30ms.
    But around 35ms - for non-graphic stuff - for me it is mostly trading view / charting / etc. - it is okay.
    i switch off animations and it is quite acceptable. It actually feels more snappy than Win Server 2022.

• IvanIvan Member
    edited March 13

@bojackhorseman said:

@Ivan said:

But around 35ms - for non-graphic stuff - for me it is mostly trading view / charting / etc. - it is okay.
    i switch off animations and it is quite acceptable. It actually feels more snappy than Win Server 2022.

I see. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Also, you can check out GigsGigsCloud if you haven't already - they have HK-based Windows VPS. I don't have experience with their Windows VPS, and it looks like they only provide Windows Server templates but might be worth a shot asking if they can load up an ISO for you. It's also pricier, but that's to be expected for HK.

Edit: Also Intel based CPUs so might not be up to par for your requirements.

• Thanks > @Ivan said:

@bojackhorseman said:

@Ivan said:

I see. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Also, you can check out GigsGigsCloud if you haven't already - they have HK-based Windows VPS. I don't have experience with their Windows VPS, and it looks like they only provide Windows Server templates but might be worth a shot asking if they can load up an ISO for you. It's also pricier, but that's to be expected for HK.

Edit: Also Intel based CPUs so might not be up to par for your requirements.

Thanks for looking out.

• @bojackhorseman said:

@davide said:
    HostHatch has (no aff)

• 12 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 50 GB NVMe Storage
    • Hong Kong

They haven't responded to my ticket. Looks like their support is non existent - no live chat nothing.
    When compared with KuroIT, WebHorizons, SpeedyPage, UserCloud... All of them are ready to help - HostHatch is sleeping...

You need to install the OS on your own for HostHatch.

• zGatozGato Member
    edited March 13

@bojackhorseman said:

@zGato said:

~20 bucks seems to get me up to 12 gigs of ram and 4 AMD cores + at least 70 GB NVME here...

If you need true Ryzen power, Aéza has the following in 🇭🇰 Hong Kong:

• CPU: 4 cores (AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D)
    • RAM: 8GB DDR5
    • Storage: 120GB NVMe
    • Unlimited bandwidth @ 10Gbps

For: 34.06€/month (cheaper if paid yearly)
    affiliated link | non-affiliated

I've asked their support for TPM 2.0 and they told me they support it, You can bring your own ISO and install it yourself via their control panel. Windows Server 2022 is provided as a ready image, but not Windows 11.

• @BigDongLong said:

@bojackhorseman said:

@davide said:
    HostHatch has (no aff)

• 12 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 50 GB NVMe Storage
    • Hong Kong

You need to install the OS on your own for HostHatch.

Yes, that is not a problem. I have done this many times with all the other providers. It is just that their support is non-existent.

• I suggest you to send a message to @Abd of webhorizon. Their Singapore and Japan servers are really great with EPYC cpus. Im sure he will give you a good offer.

• @Weirdjey said:
    I suggest you to send a message to @Abd of webhorizon. Their Singapore and Japan servers are really great with EPYC cpus. Im sure he will give you a good offer.

@abd is awesome and I have a Win11 with him.. At this time I just considering HK location for lower latency. Other wise Webhorizon is pretty slick. I am quite happy with the server performance.

In contrast it is an uphill task to get an iso mounted by the guys at aeza.

Thanked by 1Abd
  • zGatozGato Member
    edited March 13

@bojackhorseman said:

huh?

• @zGato said:

@bojackhorseman said:

huh?

That's crazy - i spent a few hours this morning with their support - I was unable to mount a direct link (from Microsoft with an ISO URL) into their VMManager - Ultimately they told me they can't do this for me....

Let me DM you. Thanks so much! I really do want to try them out. Struggling with HostHatch right now...

• edited March 13

Tried again....

https://imgur.com/FbFnUDB

Not working