Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Office 365 - WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Office 365 - WHMCS

JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

Hey Guys

Has any one out there setuo and or used office 365 for the support departments , know to never use 365 for outbound , just wandering how good and reliable it is for support departments over the aging pop3 import whmcs still uses

Comments

• tjntjn Member

Not worth paying for the additional licenses in my opinon.

Create a forwarder/group in M365 to something like MX Route and then fetch the mails from there.

• woodster050woodster050 Member, Host Rep

https://help.whmcs.com/m/support_tools/l/1600723-setting-up-importing-via-microsoft

Its Fairly Easy to do, you just need to create a application registration in azure portal / entra ID

And to send out bound emails is exactly the same you could even use the same Registration and Secret

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

working fine with me and office365 :)

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

thanks guys , but really trying to see who has used 365 for there support departments.

outbound relay would be via AWS , just seeing if anyone is using 365 / Exchange mailboxes for there support desk emails , whats the advantage over a basic pop email for the support desk if any

• hostthebesthostthebest Member, Patron Provider

We use office 365 for all email mailboxes. I can't say there is an advantage with one over the other. We pay for E1 or E3 and then regular outlook only mailboxes which are cheaper.

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

we have our Own Cyberpanel VM for email for whmcs support departments any use aws for outbound our internal emails run over 365 "no hate plz"

seems fine , just get the odd failed to connect once in a blue moon. so thought if 365 one was very stable or any improvement over the legacy pop3 import at all