Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Workspace vs. Microsoft 365?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Workspace vs. Microsoft 365?

COLBYLICIOUSCOLBYLICIOUS Member
edited March 11 in General

Hello there,

In close future there is a change to open an business which will work with B2C and B2B. I don't want to try any other providers to be honest because these two are the big ones in industry and the pricing between them is not that much.

I personally would pick Microsoft 365 because has bigger storage and is cheaper I think than Google Workspace.

What do you pick between Google Workspace and Microsoft 365? Share us your experience!

Google or Microsoft?
  1. Which one do you prefer?106 votes
    1. Google Workspace
      48.11%
    2. Microsoft 365
      51.89%

Comments

• JosephFJosephF Member

My vote, between the two, is for Google.

Microsoft seems to have a reputation for disappearing incoming emails. It accepts the email and never delivers them, not even to the spam mailbox. And no notification is sent.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • VoidVoid Member

Microsoft. You never know when Google will sunset their products

• VoidVoid Member

@JosephF said:
    My vote, between the two, is for Google.

Microsoft seems to have a reputation for disappearing incoming emails. It accepts the email and never delivers them, not even to the spam mailbox. And no notification is sent.

might be in the quarantine and the admin must’ve turned off notifications for quarantined stuff.

• CatalinCatalin Member

between those 2.. Google, third option.. Zoho.

• In Germany, none of the 3 can be considered due to data protection. But there is no real solution in the EU either.

• M365 for the office...

• WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited March 11

Been using workspaces for 5 years now business wise, much faster then Microsoft but the pricing is getting quite high at the moment so maybe pricewise Microsoft is a better solution at the moment, I started with 10 euros per user 4 years ago, iam now paying 21 something per user that's an increasement of more than 100% in 4 years. Also they change the cloud storage limit to 5tb per user at google

• WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited March 11

B)

• JosephFJosephF Member

@WhiteRoseG said:
    Been using workspaces for 5 years now business wise, much faster then Microsoft but the pricing is getting quite high at the moment so maybe pricewise Microsoft is a better solution at the moment, I started with 10 euros per user 4 years ago, iam now paying 21 something per user that's an increasement of more than 100% in 4 years. Also they change the cloud storage limit to 5tb per user at google

Why are you paying that much? Google has plans starting at $6/month.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@JellyBrain said: In Germany, none of the 3 can be considered due to data protection. But there is no real solution in the EU either.

Are you saying Google and Microsoft haven't sold a single Workspace subscription in Germany?

@WhiteRoseG said: Also they change the cloud storage limit to 5tb per user at google

Microsoft is 1TB for each business user, or 1TB for personal. It's 6TB for family, but that's for up to 6 people.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

laughs in India

Gsuite Basic Biz starter is like 12$ per year per acc in India

Thanked by 2mikei niranjan
  • SmigitSmigit Member

For office apps I’d lean towards M365 being better.

I prefer Google for webmail as I can never get into outlooks online interface, but MS will play nicely with desktop and mobile apps. That makes email a bit of a toss up between the two for me and depends on how you’d use it generally.

Depending on your plan and your hardware choices, having desktop Office Apps can be a big boon for M365 subscriptions.

• DazzleDazzle Member

Google Workspace.

If you have multiple users and are concerned about storage space, then Google is your best bet.

They pool storage for all users so a user can use, lets say, 50% of total storage when the others only utilize 1%.

Dunno about Microsoft 365.

• For EU users: You can get the Microsoft 365 Business cheapest plan for 4.60 euro (billed anually) without VAT if you opt in for the plan without Microsoft Teams.

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@Smigit said:

I prefer Google for webmail as I can never get into outlooks online interface, but MS will play nicely with desktop and mobile apps.

And Google doesn't? I've had my gsuite account running in desktop clients as well as mobile clients for years, never had a single problem.
    Not choosing sides and saying one is better, but I've never even heard of anyone having a problem with either in whatever desktop or mobile app they use.

• KindyKindy Member

google :hushed:

• AcacyAcacy Member

Google for one of the best spam filter
    Outlook for better Email organizer

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rcy026rcy026 Member

I use both, and I would say it is pretty much down to personal preference.

If you are heavily into Microsoft products and runs a lot of excel and stuff like that, you would probably feel more at home in o365. Then again, you have to be a pretty advanced user to actually gain anything from it, the vast majority of users will do fine with both solutions.

My personal observation (I have no actual figures to back this up, it's just an observation) is that smaller companies like up to 10-15 employees seems to feel more at home with Google. It feels more of a "click and go" solution that instantly just works.
    When companies get bigger, they seem to choose o365. When you get to thousands of clients Azure AD (or Entra I think it's called now) has it's advantages. Google have similar solutions but when you are talking thousands of windows clients people tend to turn to Microsoft for management solutions.

Personally I run Google, I like the simplicity of their products and the fact that it just works, I have never experienced something not working as intended in Google Workspace.
    Workwise, I have o365 simply because a lot of my customers do. It can do a lot, but it takes a while to get used to, and I often find myself frustrated when trying to accomplish something simple. Not to say it's a bad product, it's probably just me. For the end users it's rarely a problem since most things look like they've always done.

Thanked by 1COLBYLICIOUS
  • bikramabikrama Member

@FatGrizzly said:
    laughs in India

Where do you see such a price? I am from India too, I don't see 12$ plan

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@bikrama said:

@FatGrizzly said:
    laughs in India

Where do you see such a price? I am from India too, I don't see 12$ plan

From EIG, they're official resellers.

https://india.resellerclub.com/google-workspace

• @raindog308 said:

@JellyBrain said: In Germany, none of the 3 can be considered due to data protection. But there is no real solution in the EU either.

Are you saying Google and Microsoft haven't sold a single Workspace subscription in Germany?

No, not that, but it will be super difficult to control where your data is located and what is against the GDPR.

• @JosephF said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

Why are you paying that much? Google has plans starting at $6/month.

That's what it cost now. Yes but there 6dollar plan does not include the cloud storage.

• SmigitSmigit Member
    edited March 11

@rcy026 said:

@Smigit said:

I prefer Google for webmail as I can never get into outlooks online interface, but MS will play nicely with desktop and mobile apps.

And Google doesn't? I've had my gsuite account running in desktop clients as well as mobile clients for years, never had a single problem.
    Not choosing sides and saying one is better, but I've never even heard of anyone having a problem with either in whatever desktop or mobile app they use.

I’m just salty at Google for dropping push email via Active Sync without offering an alternative that’ll work with an iOS native mail app, and are basically telling users to adopt the Gmail app instead if they want push email. And I get the concern with App passwords, but I would have liked them to work with Apple to get push email working through the Google Account process iOS has.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/14429782?hl=en#:~:text=Starting in fall of 2024,Email

Believe with M365 you’d be able to use exchange and not have the Outlook app pushed?

But yes, Google will work with other clients, and on iOS you can still go native if you’re ok with fetch based mail delivery.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@JellyBrain said:

@raindog308 said:

No, not that, but it will be super difficult to control where your data is located and what is against the GDPR.

Looking at OneDrive account online, Microsoft shows the location of data 👍

Thanked by 1JellyBrain
  • kvz12kvz12 Member
    edited March 11

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    For EU users: You can get the Microsoft 365 Business cheapest plan for 4.60 euro (billed anually) without VAT if you opt in for the plan without Microsoft Teams.

How can you get that plan?

edit - found it

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

I don't trust Google anymore, they often create products but suddenly stop or destroy them.

https://killedby.tech/google/

• I prefer microsoft 365 since its more compatible for documents and overall seemless. Google is its own thing and there are some compatibility issues when moving from google to microsoft.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

We recently got hit with a price increase, but the integrations available with Google is insane and something that Microsoft cannot compete with.

I will use Google Workspace til the day I die.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@aqua said:
    We recently got hit with a price increase, but the integrations available with Google is insane and something that Microsoft cannot compete with.

I will use Google Workspace til the day I die.

What kind of integrations do you use?

• Microsoft 365 all the way. It's not just email. The benefits are too many—teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc. The list goes on and on.