Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for storage servers with 16TB+ disk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for storage servers with 16TB+ disk

ngktbotngktbot Member
edited March 10 in Requests

Hi LET,
I'm finding affordable way for storage. As title, I'm looking for storage servers(including FTP storage or any cloud storage that could mount on Linux)
My requirements are as follow:
1, This server should locate in North America, for less latency. (This rules out Hetzner storage)
2, I hope the unit price is not higher than $2.5/TB or €2/TB
3, Inbound and outbound traffic should not be less than storage space

In fact, I did some research, in VPS/Dedicated server aspect, Nocix's custom dedicated server could meet the price criteria, only when Main Hard Drive or 2nd Hard Drive to choose 4TB HDD, unit price for 6TB 8TB or above rises. Crunchbits meets every criteria except price. Servarica is what I'm using, but the unit price $2.5/TB only appears during promotions, and the biggest size of their promotional VPS is 8TB. Their dedicated servers looks right, but some are out of stock and others are too big for me, out of my budget.

Object storage and cloud storage(Dropbox, google drive, backblaze, Mega.nz, Mediafire) looks very diverse. IDrive e2 looks good, but without its first-time promotion(50% off first year), it's still out of budget.

If you have any idea or recommendation, please let me know.

Comments

• layer7layer7 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@ngktbot said:
    Hi LET,
    I'm finding affordable way for storage. As title, I'm looking for storage servers(including FTP storage or any cloud storage that could mount on Linux)
    My requirements are as follow:
    1, This server should locate in North America, for less latency. (This rules out Hetzner storage)
    2, I hope the unit price is not higher than $2.5/TB or €2/TB
    3, Inbound and outbound traffic should not be less than storage space

In fact, I did some research, in VPS/Dedicated server aspect, Nocix's custom dedicated server could meet the price criteria, only when Main Hard Drive or 2nd Hard Drive to choose 4TB HDD, unit price for 6TB 8TB or above rises. Crunchbits meets every criteria except price. Servarica is what I'm using, but the unit price $2.5/TB only appears during promotions, and the biggest size of their promotional VPS is 8TB. Their dedicated servers looks right, but some are out of stock and others are too big for me, out of my budget.

Object storage and cloud storage(Dropbox, google drive, backblaze, Mega.nz, Mediafire) looks very diverse. IDrive e2 looks good, but without its first-time promotion(50% off first year), it's still out of budget.

If you have any idea or recommendation, please let me know.

Hi,

located in DE, but

• has nothing to do with hetzner
    • includes a server that you can configure to give the storage with what ever service you want
    • upgradeable
    • meets your pricing requirements

https://layer7.net/storage-server

Thanked by 1ngktbot
  • @NetDynamics24 has 10TB size SFTP storage. Might be worth asking if he can create a custom size or stack 2 of them

https://www.netdynamics24.com/client/order.php?step=1&productGroup=15

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@Weblogics said:
    @NetDynamics24 has 10TB size SFTP storage. Might be worth asking if he can create a custom size or stack 2 of them

https://www.netdynamics24.com/client/order.php?step=1&productGroup=15

We can do that ;)

Thanked by 1ngktbot
    edited March 10

The best ratio would be our storage dedicated servers:

https://www.netdynamics24.com/client/order.php?step=1&productGroup=18

For example the Intel Xeon E3-1241v3 with 48 TB storage costs only $65/mo ($1.35/TB) or only $183 per three months ($1.27/TB per month).

There is also the Intel Xeon E3-1240v3 with 36 TB storage (plus SSD for OS) which can go down to $55/mo if ordered for quarter billing cycle. ($1.52/TB per month)

• jayjayjayjay Member, Host Rep

Just DM'd you with some options

• MMXMMX Member

@NetDynamics24 said:

For example the Intel Xeon E3-1241v3 with 48 TB storage costs only $65/mo ($1.35/TB) or only $183 per three months ($1.27/TB per month).

There is also the Intel Xeon E3-1240v3 with 36 TB storage (plus SSD for OS) which can go down to $55/mo if ordered for quarter billing cycle. ($1.52/TB per month)

Hi,I want to order a storage server, is there a coupon?

Cores: 12 (Threads: 24)
    RAM: 128 GB DDR4 ECC
    Disks: 12 x 10 TB SAS HDD
    Traffic: Unmetered @ 1Gbit
    Hardware RAID
    IPMI and control panel
    subnet /29

@MMX said:

@NetDynamics24 said:

Hi,I want to order a storage server, is there a coupon?

Cores: 12 (Threads: 24)
    RAM: 128 GB DDR4 ECC
    Disks: 12 x 10 TB SAS HDD
    Traffic: Unmetered @ 1Gbit
    Hardware RAID
    IPMI and control panel
    subnet /29

No, it is already heavily discounted and you cannot find this price elsewhere.