Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does your business need staffing or outsourcing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does your business need staffing or outsourcing?

hostinghunterhostinghunter Member
edited March 10 in General

Greetings everyone,

Allow me to begin with a brief introduction. I am the founder of a Business/IT Consulting firm with operations spanning across the USA and India.

In serving our diverse clientele, we consistently encounter a demand for skilled professionals across various domains, including but not limited to Software Engineering, Web Development, Database Administration, Business Analysis, Project Management, and Product Management. As we aim to further enhance our offerings, I am keen on exploring avenues for expansion within this realm.

If your business requires staffing or outsourcing services in any of the aforementioned areas, I invite you to consider partnering with us.

I understand if this platform might not be the conventional space for such inquiries, and I apologize if this deviates from the norm. However, as my father once wisely advised, "You don't ask, You will not get." So, I thought it best to pose the question here.

I am looking forward to any insights or opportunities that may arise from our discussion.

Staffing and Outsourcing Needs
  1. Are you currently in need of staffing or outsourcing services for your business?15 votes
    1. Yes
      46.67%
    2. No
      53.33%
  2. If yes, which areas do you require assistance in? (Select all that apply)15 votes
    1. Software Engineer
        0.00%
    2. Web Developer
      20.00%
    3. Database Administration
        0.00%
    4. Business Analyst
        0.00%
    5. Project Management
        0.00%
    6. Product Manager
        6.67%
    7. Other
      73.33%
  3. If you have previously utilized staffing or outsourcing services, how satisfied were you?15 votes
    1. Very Satisfied
      20.00%
    2. Neutral
      53.33%
    3. Very Dissatisfied
      26.67%
  4. Would you be interested in exploring staffing or outsourcing options?15 votes
    1. Yes
      20.00%
    2. Maybe, I'd like more information
      13.33%
    3. No
      66.67%

Comments

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 10

Having staff or someone you can rely on doing tasks would be great. But as a small hosting provider I wouldn't be able to afford giving anything other than a slave-wage.

You mentioned India, sure wages are low over there. I've heard it's ~$200-400 in India/Pakistan but how can you trust the other person?

• Dear Ezeth,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns regarding staffing needs for your small hosting provider business. We understand the challenges that come with managing costs while ensuring reliable support.

Regarding your comment on wages, it's true that labor costs in sub-continent Asia can be comparatively lower than in other parts of the world. However, it's essential to emphasize that fair compensation is crucial for building trust and fostering a productive working relationship, regardless of geographical location.

When it comes to outsourcing tasks or hiring staff remotely, trust is indeed a vital component. We recognize the importance of ensuring reliability and integrity in our partnerships. Here are some measures we implement to address trust concerns:

1. Vetting Process: We have a rigorous vetting process in place to thoroughly evaluate the skills, experience, and professionalism of potential candidates. This includes conducting interviews, reviewing portfolios, and verifying references.
    2. Transparent Communication: Clear and transparent communication is key to building trust. We facilitate open channels of communication between clients and remote staff, ensuring that expectations are understood and met.
    3. Performance Monitoring: We implement performance monitoring systems to track the progress and quality of work performed by our remote staff. This allows us to ensure accountability and address any issues promptly.
    4. Contractual Agreements: We establish clear contractual agreements outlining the terms of engagement, including responsibilities, deliverables, and payment terms. This provides a legal framework for both parties and helps mitigate risks.
    5. Feedback Mechanisms: We encourage regular feedback from clients to continuously improve our services and address any concerns promptly. This ensures that client expectations are consistently met and exceeded.

While cost considerations are important, it's equally important to prioritize quality and reliability when outsourcing tasks or hiring remote staff. We believe in fair compensation for the value provided and are committed to fostering trust and professionalism in all our engagements.

If you have any further questions or would like to discuss how we can support your staffing needs within your budget constraints, please don't hesitate to reach out.

• And once the business is staffed you'll screw it on a wooden plate and hang it over your front door?

• Here comes the hate for using the best tech available to assist in providing a quick response that matches what should have taken 5 min in general.

I wonder what was your prompt for your response. :)

On a lighter note, use it. It's fine because it expedites the work and delivery. B)

@zGato said:

fuck off

Link to tool?

• shruubshruub Member

@zGato said:

fuck off

Please be aware this tool isn't really that accurate. Of course, for this text, it is quite clear since

• multiple llms do
    • like to "write" like this
      But using gptzero for a normal text is like flipping a coin to determine it's legitimacy

(there are typos in my comment probably)

• matey0matey0 Member

@hostinghunter said:
    Here comes the hate for using the best tech available to assist in providing a quick response that matches what should have taken 5 min in general.

On a lighter note, use it. It's fine because it expedites the work and delivery. B)

It expedites the process of generating a padded, way too long garbage reply, for something that you could've said in a single sentence. This total disrespect and disregard for our time should already disqualify you from any business partnership.

• edited March 10

@hostinghunter said:

Noone wants to invest time into talking to a bot. If you don't care to invest time into the conversation why should any of your discussion partners? It's also quite disrespectful to anyone who might read it in good faith in regards to reading some actual contribution. It's kind of like making someone listen to a long winded story just to close with "Oh, and by the way, i've just made this up.".

Thanked by 1MrLime
  • @matey0 said:

@hostinghunter said:
    Here comes the hate for using the best tech available to assist in providing a quick response that matches what should have taken 5 min in general.

It expedites the process of generating a padded, way too long garbage reply, for something that you could've said in a single sentence. This total disrespect and disregard for our time should already disqualify you from any business partnership.

Thank you for your feedback.

• @totally_not_banned said:

@hostinghunter said:

Noone wants to invest time into talking to a bot. If you don't care to invest time into the conversation why should any of your discussion partners? It's also quite disrespectful to anyone who might read it in good faith in regards to reading some actual contribution. It's kind of like making someone listen to a long winded story just to close with "Oh, and by the way, i've just made this up.".

Thanks for spending time and providing this valuable lesson. Appreciated.

• edited March 10

Thanked by 1ehab

If you have any further questions or would like to discuss how we can support your staffing needs within your budget constraints, please don't hesitate to reach out. - The AI always says this.

• MrLimeMrLime Member

Big pet hate for people using AI in a way that wastes time and shows they're unable to communicate. Anyone using it without consideration for the reader can go where the sun doesn't shine.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • MrLimeMrLime Member

@ezeth said:
    Having staff or someone you can rely on doing tasks would be great. But as a small hosting provider I wouldn't be able to afford giving anything other than a slave-wage.

You mentioned India, sure wages are low over there. I've heard it's ~$200-400 in India/Pakistan but how can you trust the other person?

You can hire very cheaply in some south american countries if that's an issue. You would need to work quite heavily with SOP's in my experience, but you will gain a loyal employee as long as you pay higher than the average in their country and treat people fairly. One of my first business ventures covered this area quite heavily.

Thanked by 1rafaelscs
  • thanethane Member

@MrLime said:

@ezeth said:

You can hire very cheaply in some south american countries if that's an issue. You would need to work quite heavily with SOP's in my experience, but you will gain a loyal employee as long as you pay higher than the average in their country and treat people fairly. One of my first business ventures covered this area quite heavily.

Yeah I saw some Argentinian tech workers looking for work for something like $200/mo for full-time lol, shocking how cheap 3rd world workers can be.

• shruubshruub Member

@hostinghunter said:

Also, this. It's not like it will ever evolve into a rule, since the admins are unpaid since 200$ per provider just can't cover anything other than DO fees, but still.

• @shruub said:

@hostinghunter said:

Also, this. It's not like it will ever evolve into a rule, since the admins are unpaid since 200$ per provider just can't cover anything other than DO fees, but still.

I read the rules about an hour ago and will abide by the forum rules. The rule makes sense but I doubt it will be misused. As I mentioned earlier, one still needs the keywords/methodology to generate a response that involves a certain technique. Now, whether it is acceptable in this forum soon or not, is still OK.

Lastly, why bully? I don't get it. It's like people here are looking to let out their frustration or policing it. I don't know. Just thinking :/

• @shruub said:

@hostinghunter said:

What's the DO fee?

• @hostinghunter said:
    Lastly, why bully?

Buckle up my friend and swing some punches!

• shruubshruub Member

@hostinghunter said:
    What's the DO fee?

I think around 100$ monthly, if I'l looking at the correct Digitalocean droplet.

Lastly, why bully? I don't get it. It's like people here are looking to let out their frustration or policing it. I don't know. Just thinking :/

Wasn't really bullying you, but rather the staff, wanting to keep let special but at the same time being unresponsive to some questions. If you mean about the LLM'ed comment, I personally just think it's a little wierd, since that would almost be like talking to a bot. You know, it doesn't feel like you've really thought about the comment which you were replying to. it's not like I ever think before that and you probably did, since, as you said, one needs keywords, but still.

@hostinghunter said:
    Lastly, why bully?

@totally_not_banned I am not interested in any punches. It just takes the mind/energy in an unproductive direction.

• MoopahMoopah Member

@shruub said:

@hostinghunter said:
    What's the DO fee?

I think around 100$ monthly, if I'l looking at the correct Digitalocean droplet.

Wasn't really bullying you, but rather the staff, wanting to keep let special but at the same time being unresponsive to some questions. If you mean about the LLM'ed comment, I personally just think it's a little wierd, since that would almost be like talking to a bot. You know, it doesn't feel like you've really thought about the comment which you were replying to. it's not like I ever think before that and you probably did, since, as you said, one needs keywords, but still.

$100/month? Admins should just get $6/year 512MB VirMach VPS

• edited March 10

@hostinghunter said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@hostinghunter said:
    Lastly, why bully?

@totally_not_banned I am not interested in any punches. It just takes the mind/energy in an unproductive direction.

Don't be silly. You might be in a somewhat unfortunate position right now but with the right coaching you'll be the meanest of the mean guys on the block and people will be scared shitless of your mere presence. Just give me the sign when you are ready.

• @shruub said:

@hostinghunter said:
    What's the DO fee?

I get what you are saying. What's LLM? Regardless, better would be just provide a link to the rules instead of just surrounding like prey. :smiley:

@hostinghunter said:

@hostinghunter said:
    Lastly, why bully?

Don't be silly. You might be in a somewhat unfortunate position right now but with the right coaching you'll be the meanest of the mean guys on the block and people will be scared shitless of your mere presence. Just give me the sign when you are ready.

I am laughing here at your words. I might already be ready. :wink:

• @thane said:

@MrLime said:

@ezeth said:

Yeah I saw some Argentinian tech workers looking for work for something like $200/mo for full-time lol, shocking how cheap 3rd world workers can be.

Here in Brazil, minimum wage local in lay is $290/m, but, can't find anyone qualified for that amount for something dedicated per mounth. Maybe someone with work for more companies.
    Argentina was a special case, was in a crisis, believe it is improving now.

• edited March 10

@hostinghunter said:

@hostinghunter said:

@hostinghunter said:
    Lastly, why bully?

I am laughing here at your words. I might already be ready. :wink:

Yes, that's certainly a good sign but don't overestimate yourself just yet. Your first lesson will be to go to the nearest mirror, make your best mean face, point your finger in an assertive and condescending way at the person in front of you and say: "I'm the master of everything and you, you don't know nothing! I'm gonna f%§!" yo%§ $§%§$ and §!$% you!" while moving your weaponized index finger to the beat of your rage.

Repeat this 3 times and when your done you are ready to try your new skill on those that have wronged you to enact righteous revenge. This will be a good start.

• hostinghunterhostinghunter Member
    edited March 10

@rafaelscs said:

@thane said:

@MrLime said:

@ezeth said:

Here in Brazil, minimum wage local in lay is $290/m, but, can't find anyone qualified for that amount for something dedicated per mounth. Maybe someone with work for more companies.
    Argentina was a special case, was in a crisis, believe it is improving now.

I think the wage that is being talked about here is not tech-related. Specialists that are required for Businesses are still at least 3-5 times above mentioned amount. Various tools are usually used including:

1. RDP
    2. VPN
    3. Standard IT Tools

On top, the standard work policies make the work environment similar to that of the western world. That's just what we have but cannot comment on others.