Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discontinuation of the Storj Free Tier
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Discontinuation of the Storj Free Tier

MMzFMMzF Member

Did not receive any email yet, found this announcement on login page therefore no more free 25gb (or 150gb for old users).

https://forum.storj.io/t/discontinuation-of-the-storj-free-tier/25332

Comments

• shruubshruub Member
    edited March 10

Yeah, it really sucks. I didn't get an email and if I wouldn't have scrolled through r/datahoarders I'd probably just lost around 100GBs. I get that the plan was unsustainable, but still. Also, the WebUI ain't even loading for me, so there's that.

Edit: Loading now, they really did improve the experience. Almost feels sad letting them go, but not getting e-mails when your files are getting deleted is a little too risky for me.

• They want to get rid of all free 150GB accounts holders at once.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

Humm... I think I only started using it ~3 weeks ago

• shruubshruub Member

@farsighter said:
    They want to get rid of all free 150GB accounts holders at once.

yep. They do mention that a free plan will come back, but I'd guess it's some sort of 5GBs for 30 days.

• cochoncochon Member

We are encouraging users who do not want to upgrade to a Pro Account to migrate any data off Storj before their accounts are frozen.

Mmm, not heard a peep of 'encouragement' here.

Thanked by 1shruub
  • yaty497yaty497 Member

There S3 prices are already very low. And with the recent crypto prices going to the moon I don't have to worry about their prices as I have bought few storj last year and the coin prices are already doubled. My 2 years storj bill is already paid with the rising storj coin prices