Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to start web/vps web hosting business? Including TLDs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to start web/vps web hosting business? Including TLDs

Can someone assist me in starting a web hosting / VPS white-label business? I have a Software Development company and can also partner up to build the infrastructure if required.

Who's up?

Comments

• The answer is you don't. The market is already oversaturated.

• t0mt0m Member

Use Windows 11 as a host node :p

• @t0m said:
    Use Windows 11 as a host node :p

:D

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 9

@t0m said: Windows 11 as a host node

Kaboom

Why you want to start hosting business?

Edit:

Anyone know a better CDN than discord? Looks like they deleted my images I hosted there :(
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/720306171780530208/853350723067314196/unknown.png

• Because I have clients and I am paying a ton to Providers who take away a lot of $$. Trying to find a way to add a revenue stream.

• hostthebesthostthebest Member, Patron Provider

@hostinghunter said:
    Because I have clients and I am paying a ton to Providers who take away a lot of $$. Trying to find a way to add a revenue stream.

If you have a ton of clients and use a providers then why do you need to start your own. Depending on what exactly you sell and how much you may not be increasing your revenue initially as your costs, time and efforts for support will be higher.
    Perhaps you should consolidate first, if possible.

• I saw your VPS prices and would be great to consolidate but some of my clients are in Europe and Asia. Are you in those locations?

• emghemgh Member

If you do software dev, maybe just offer ”hosting”, and don’t give root access, just manage stuff for the clientd, and use any VPS provider you want?

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • hostthebesthostthebest Member, Patron Provider

@hostinghunter said:
    I saw your VPS prices and would be great to consolidate but some of my clients are in Europe and Asia. Are you in those locations?

Currently we are expanding to the UK this month. We are trying to get it together for launch next week. Aside from that we are in talks for an India location but that location won't have unmetered which is against how we run these promos. However UK will certainly be ready this month.

• @emgh said:
    If you do software dev, maybe just offer ”hosting”, and don’t give root access, just manage stuff for the clientd, and use any VPS provider you want?

Just some bigger plans are what I am after.

• lothoslothos Member

@ezeth said:

@t0m said: Windows 11 as a host node

Kaboom

Why you want to start hosting business?

Edit:

Anyone know a better CDN than discord? Looks like they deleted my images I hosted there :(
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/720306171780530208/853350723067314196/unknown.png

Discord images and files are removed after thirty days now, I believe

Thanked by 1ezeth
  • edited March 10

You obviously start by selling VPS!

Thanked by 1emgh
  • DartNodeDartNode Member, Patron Provider

Hosting your own clients might be a good first step. Iron out the kinks, build out the infrastructure, and get your existing clients to review the service. Eventually you'll be at the point where you can onboard external clients and provide a worthwhile service.

Ultimately though, you're asking a very vague question. Some people start with a full cage in a datacenter with a fat upstream blend and huge equipment budget. Others start with a reseller plan and a website. You'll likely want to fall in between.

But this is a serious business that needs serious planning and consideration to succeed. If you are serious about it, don't let the horrors of others failure scare you - but make sure you plan to avoid their pitfalls. It can happen to you too if you're not careful.

Thanked by 1jordi
  • JosephFJosephF Member

Buy a reseller plan through a reputable hosting company.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR
    edited March 10

@hostinghunter said: Including TLDs

It is fairly well documented on the steps required to get new TLDs.. Just how many are you wanting to offer?

• JosephFJosephF Member

For domains, get a reseller account through a registrar.