Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Duolingo, free
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Duolingo, free

Duolingo School invite. Basically all features of the Duolingo Super subscription (paid) but for free.

www.duolingo.com/classroom/zxtyxx

Maybe someone wants to improve his/her English or simply learn some new languages like Japanese, Korean or Chinese. Since it’s free, it can’t hurt :D

Comments

• Thank you. for how long is that?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited March 7

… until the supplier finds out the fake university they setup.
    … same applies for free/cheap Office 365 accounts under .edu domain.
    … the end is nigh.

• JerryHouJerryHou Member

duolingoxdax will be able to follow your progress, control your account, and give you assignments on Duolingo.

What kind of control this classroom will have?

• JosephFJosephF Member

@yoursunny said:
    … the end is nigh.

How do you get a fake .edu email address (to get a free/cheap Office 365)?

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@JosephF said:

Technically they are real .edu email addresses...

• JosephFJosephF Member

@kevinds said:

@JosephF said:

Technically they are real .edu email addresses...

What's the catch?

edited March 7

@JosephF said: What's the catch?

The school closes the accounts as soon as they discover they are not being used by a current student.

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited March 7

@kevinds said:

@JosephF said: What's the catch?

The school closes the accounts as soon as they discover they are not being used by a current student.

Many universities officially allow their alumni to keep their university .edu email address after graduation.

In any event, which schools are you referring to that take away .edu email addresses from former students?

• ehhthingehhthing Member

Duolingo is an awful app for learning non latin-based languages

@JosephF said:
    Many universities officially allow their alumni to keep their university .edu email address after graduation.

In any event, which schools are you referring to that take away .edu email addresses from former students?

Many doesn't mean all, but the fake part comes from not being a student at all..

My school took away all the features except the email address itself. No more Office, no more OneDrive (they left Google when Google stopped the free storage and switched to M$ since the employees were already using it)

• ariq01ariq01 Member

Loading forever.... can't join

• @ariq01 said:

same to me. Loading forever

• @farsighter said:
    Thank you. for how long is that?

Until they shut it down because too many Duolingo Schools are popping up :D
    I know Duolingo School for many years already, should stay many more years, until people abuse the system too much x)

@yoursunny said:
    … the end is nigh.

You are right, this is kind of abuse since we are no real school.
    But this service is also directed to private teachers who coach students after school.

Unlike Office EDU which is identity theft at it’s finest, Duolingo School has no official requirement for registration. You don’t even need a school, just telling them you are an educator with students is enough (LowEndSchool, LowEndClass, LowEndStudents).
    Also morally this is more like charity instead of reselling edu-accounts for money x)

Use Apple Turkey Office 365 Family for fully legal (almost free) Office :D

@ariq01 said:

LowEndSchool (1) was full, I created LowEndSchool-2. Every class can only fit 50 „pupils“.
    Here the second class:
    www.duolingo.com/classroom/ruxjce

Thanked by 3ariq01 emgh ElonBezos
  • farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited March 7

@lowendtalkxdax said:
    I created LowEndSchool-2. Every class can only fit 50 „pupils“.
    Here the second class:

‏Maybe not a good idea to advertise so openly, random visitors are arriving from Google and taking all the seats in your class. ‏

Better to move this to the Off-Topic section which is not indexed

Thanked by 1lowendtalkxdax
  • @farsighter said:

@lowendtalkxdax said:
    Here the second class:

‏Maybe not a good idea to advertise so openly, random visitors are arriving from Google and taking all the seats in your class. ‏

How do I do it if I may ask? Relatively new here, still unaware of how to do many things x)

• CabbageCabbage Member
    edited March 7

@kainjinez said:

@ariq01 said:

same to me. Loading forever

Try it on desktop, I could not join on mobile for some reason.

@lowendtalkxdax said:

@farsighter said:

@lowendtalkxdax said:
    Here the second class:

How do I do it if I may ask? Relatively new here, still unaware of how to do many things x)

I don't think a user can, but mod can definitely do it. Gotta wait for them.
    Cheers for the Duolingo by the way.

• emghemgh Member

I've flagged for mods, they should move it soon :)

Thanked by 1lowendtalkxdax
  • @yoursunny said:
    … the end is nigh.

Same also applies for cheap Adobe CC all apps plans you can find online / on Reddit.

• @lowendtalkxdax said:
    Duolingo School invite. Basically all features of the Duolingo Super subscription (paid) but for free.

Maybe someone wants to improve his/her English or simply learn some new languages like Japanese, Korean or Chinese. Since it’s free, it can’t hurt :D

Yoo tysm

• cpsdcpsd Member

@lowendtalkxdax said:

It says just 14 free days. I have registered with your link. Am I missing something?

• edited March 7

@cpsd said:

@lowendtalkxdax said:

It says just 14 free days. I have registered with your link. Am I missing something?

Huh, the first class was full, you probably got redirected. Duolingo School is permanently free. Don't subscribe to the trial. After it ends you need to pay. Try my second link in the comments.

• @lowendtalkxdax said:

@cpsd said:

@lowendtalkxdax said:

Huh, the first class was full, you probably got redirected. Duolingo School is permanently free. Don't subscribe to the trial. After it ends you need to pay. Try my second link in the comments.

thank you@lowendtalkxdax,waiting for you second link

• Thank you. ありがとうございます

• @lovefred said:

• jgo24jgo24 Member

@lowendtalkxdax said:

@lovefred said:

Why can't i join? It's just loading and loading while joining.

• foitinfoitin Member

no catch?

• shruubshruub Member

@foitin said:
    no catch?

Pretty much none I'd say. Might get banned though or something

• jgo24jgo24 Member

www.duolingo.com/classroom/gnmqmp

• @shruub said:

@foitin said:
    no catch?

Pretty much none I'd say. Might get banned though or something

Have been using it for years. It started when our school teacher had invited us to his classroom.
    After school, a group of people on mydealz found out, pretty much anyone can register as a teacher/school, without the need of providing documents for verification.

And here we are, LowEndSchool inviting it‘s pupils. Pupils who want to learn/improve on a new language :D