Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Dedi w/ Intel Quicksync (US)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Dedi w/ Intel Quicksync (US)

thomzathomza Member

I'm looking for a dedicated server with an Intel CPU, preferably a XEON w/ Quicksync available.

• Must be hosted in US or Canada, with unmetered 1Gbps.
  • 64GB RAM (ECC or 128GB is better)
  • 1TB SSD (NVMe or more storage is better)

Might consider AMD if there is onboard graphics available. Also on the lookout for cheap 1U colo in SW Ohio.

Not sure about the budget, what should I expect to pay for this? I got a server that went beyond these expectations from Hetzner recently for something like $60/mo, but the latency was not great for where I am located at unfortunately.

Comments

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

1U Colo in Ohio? @jfreak53 all day. They're in Ohio but off memory I don't think they're SW. Very responsive, good people.

For Xeon w/Quicksync we've got E3 offerings (1245v5, 1245v6, 1285v6) that have iGPU. I do believe we can craft something with 64G ECC RAM, 1G Port, and a 1TB SSD (or 800GB NVMe) within that budget. Would be located in Spokane, WA which might be about as far away as Germany :D Looking glass if you wanted to check it out first.

Thanked by 1jfreak53
  • jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

@crunchbits said:
    1U Colo in Ohio? @jfreak53 all day. They're in Ohio but off memory I don't think they're SW. Very responsive, good people.

Thanks @crunchbits!

We are NW, bout 30 min from Lima and an hour from Findlay. Here ya go: www.microtronixdc.com

1U colos start around $55 a month.

• thomzathomza Member
    edited March 5

@crunchbits said:

For Xeon w/Quicksync we've got E3 offerings (1245v5, 1245v6, 1285v6) that have iGPU. I do believe we can craft something with 64G ECC RAM, 1G Port, and a 1TB SSD (or 800GB NVMe) within that budget. Would be located in Spokane, WA which might be about as far away as Germany :D Looking glass if you wanted to check it out first.

This sounds great! I actually already tested latency to you guys and I'm in the tele for restock but didn't see any notifications go out for dedicated servers. I tried to use the website but it seemed like what i was looking for was out of stock last time I checked. Can I contact you via DM for more info?

@jfreak53 said:

@crunchbits said:

Thanks @crunchbits!

We are NW, bout 30 min from Lima and an hour from Findlay. Here ya go: www.microtronixdc.com

1U colos start around $55 a month.

Awesome. I'm actually not in Ohio right at this moment and don't have the gear ready yet but I'm going to bookmark you guys and reach out once I have everything ready!

Thanked by 1jfreak53
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@thomza said:
    This sounds great! I actually already tested latency to you guys and I'm in the tele for restock but didn't see any notifications go out for dedicated servers. I tried to use the website but it seemed like what i was looking for was out of stock last time I checked. Can I contact you via DM for more info?

Yeah definitely reach out. DM or ticket/sales chat is fine. Most of the dedi's don't even hit stock tracker at the moment as we haven't had the time to build standard builds and backfill.

Thanked by 1thomza