Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap domain renewal for .com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap domain renewal for .com

Hi please suggest me website for cheap .com renewal. current provider asking me 25$ for .com renewal

Comments

• xvpsxvps Member

tldes.com

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider
  • praburampraburam Member

i see transfer fee is 7$ and there will be any renewal fee as well?

• niranjanniranjan Member

@praburam said:
    Hi please suggest me website for cheap .com renewal. current provider asking me 25$ for .com renewal

Wtf

edited March 4

@praburam said:

No, but confirm with the provider once.

tldes.com

• techdragontechdragon Member
    edited March 4

@praburam said:

@praburam said:

InternetBS or Porkbun depending on TLD.

• UchihaUchiha Member

tldes.com/com > tld-list.com/tld/com

• _MS__MS_ Member

Porkbun, Dynadot, Spaceship.
    Cloudflare if you're okay with using only their nameservers.

• NaomiiNaomii Member

For .com, I recommend Cosmotown and Spaceship.
    Be aware Cosmotown support is slow.

• JosephFJosephF Member

@Naomii said:

Why do you recommend them if their support is slow? (Especially with Spaceship being an alternative.)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@praburam said:

scam, .com is usually around 10-12$/y.

• tdworztdworz Member

Verisign currently charges registrars $9.59 per year per .com domain registration, renewal, or transfer. That amount will go up to $10.26 in September 2024. Registrars who offer a .com registration for less are probably doing it at a loss. Given the level of competition for domain registration, $10 - $12 is reasonable.

• NaomiiNaomii Member

@JosephF said:

@Naomii said:

Why do you recommend them if their support is slow? (Especially with Spaceship being an alternative.)

for cheap .com renewal

@praburam said:

To be fair I've only contacted Cosmotown support for clarification on how some settings worked, since the site didn't explain very well, and they were slow to respond. Technical issues may resolve faster.

• Not sure about the .com price,
    But I buy my domains from Regery. If someone needs I have 20% coupons on the first purchase.

They have lowest price on many tlds. But I always check tld-list.com first before I buy anything. Shows price comparison between different registrars.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

There are MANY, I repeat MANY registrars to pick from..

$25 is on the higher side but it depends what other services they may offer with the $25 charge.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

You don't often see deals/offers for renewal, so if you're looking to save some money, transferring the name out would probably be a cheaper option.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@DP said:
    You don't often see deals/offers for renewal, so if you're looking to save some money, transferring the name out would probably be a cheaper option.

Transfers don't seem to get much promotional pricing, either.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@JosephF said:

@DP said:

Transfers don't seem to get much promotional pricing, either.

Yeah, but it's usually cheaper than renewing at certain registrars.

Considering how much renewal costs at OP's current registrar, there are tons of other registrars where he can just transfer for a lot cheaper.

• @DP said:

Still cheaper than renewal. The best option.