Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How good is CosmicGuard really?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How good is CosmicGuard really?

I tried them out 2 years ago and just in a month we had an outage.

I hear even today there are regular outages or complete connection drops?

Anyone have any experience / data on their reliability?

Comments

• hostarishostaris Member, Patron Provider

We're using Cosmic. When we initially onboarded with them, they had a few outages all in the span of 1 week, of which we were affected by 2 of them.

Past 3 months has been fine, but most recently we had an outage as they dropped our announcements while testing their new automated filters. I was not aware of this as I was in an exam and this caused 80 minutes downtime.

In terms of the DDoS Protection, we haven't really had issues with this bar some small issues with certain filters.

I'm not 100% sure on the support front as we are not with them direct but from what I've seen with our provider, there are a lot of low level requests that simply get ignored.

Thanked by 1protocols
  • jonbeardjonbeard Member, Patron Provider

We have been using Cosmic Enterprise for about 8 or so months. in our experience, they've been better than path. We have had 400+Gbps of DDoS' mitigated through them without flinching. There's really no control in their dashboard to fine tune. It requires you to basically make your own system of API around it. We have been making an in-house API system for hosting companies. Its coming along nicely, and we plan to release this at some point. They do have intermittent network issues from time to time, but nothing too crazy. They are always very on top of things and quick to address. Here is their status page. https://status.as30456.net/

Thanked by 1protocols
  • woodster050woodster050 Member, Host Rep

I've Heard its really overpriced and not worth the money, as compared to other transit provider's it is the same and if not worse

• kaitkait Member

@woodster050 said: transit provider

Its about ddos protection, not transit.

• woodster050woodster050 Member, Host Rep

@kait said:

@woodster050 said: transit provider

Its about ddos protection, not transit.

Yes, That's what I am on about....