Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Your payment has been doubled
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your payment has been doubled

xvpsxvps Member
edited March 4 in General

It might be a good idea to check your billing history if you are a Vultr customer.

Email from Vultr:

Hello, , We have detected a billing discrepancy today within your Vultr account. A system error caused your payment method to be charged twice. We are actively refunding all duplicate payments and resolving the underlying issue. What happened? - On March 2nd & 3rd, 2001, a problem in our billing system resulted in duplicate charges on a limited set of accounts. When will I see my refund? - Refunds are being processed immediately today. You will see the refund reflected in the billing history here: https://my.vultr.com/billing/#billinghistory Payment processors or your bank can take longer for the refund to appear in your bank account or on your credit card statement etc. Is there anything I need to do? - No actions are required from you. Please contact us if you are still waiting for your refund after 7 business days or do not see it reflected in your Vultr billing history. How are future errors being prevented? - We will closely investigate the changes that resulted in this problem and will enhance our billing system to prevent similar issues in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience and value your understanding and patience.

On March 2nd & 3rd, 2001 - I think they meant 2024. :D

Thanked by 2zGato emgh

Comments

• @xvps said:
    It might be a good idea to check your billing history if you are a Vultr customer.

Email from Vultr:

Hello, , We have detected a billing discrepancy today within your Vultr account. A system error caused your payment method to be charged twice. We are actively refunding all duplicate payments and resolving the underlying issue. What happened? - On March 2nd & 3rd, 2001, a problem in our billing system resulted in duplicate charges on a limited set of accounts. When will I see my refund? - Refunds are being processed immediately today. You will see the refund reflected in the billing history here: https://my.vultr.com/billing/#billinghistory Payment processors or your bank can take longer for the refund to appear in your bank account or on your credit card statement etc. Is there anything I need to do? - No actions are required from you. Please contact us if you are still waiting for your refund after 7 business days or do not see it reflected in your Vultr billing history. How are future errors being prevented? - We will closely investigate the changes that resulted in this problem and will enhance our billing system to prevent similar issues in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience and value your understanding and patience.

On March 2nd & 3rd, 2001 - I think they meant 2024. :D

I bet that's exactly what was in the doomed billing code.

• LeviLevi Member

Coder who left the company made that bug. Imagine satisfaction and grim smile on his face on March 2nd and 3rd :) somewhere in Bermuda, sipping bloody marry.

Thanked by 1maverick