Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS for an Ethereum RPC server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS for an Ethereum RPC server

sohailsohail Member
edited March 4 in Requests

Requirements:

• 16GB RAM
  • 500 - 1 TB NVMe (Mention IOPS if capped)
  • 4c/8t or 6c/12t hybrid dedicated or at-least 8c shared
  • 100 Mbit/s minimum
  • Location preference: Africa/Middle East > anywhere in EU > Asia
  • Good uptime SLA (Please mention if you provide this)

Note:

Geth is no longer a mining software. I plan on running it as a RPC server for data querying. It is basically a specialized db. It doesn't flat-line any of the resources.

Comments

• Netcup VPS 4000 ARM G11 for 22.4 EUR/mo. Cheap for 1TB of NVMe space but CPU speed might be a little lacking ST-wise.

• anshianshi Member

Based on your requirements, sounds like you should check out some dedicated server.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • sohailsohail Member

@CyberneticTitan said:
    Netcup VPS 4000 ARM G11 for 22.4 EUR/mo. Cheap for 1TB of NVMe space but CPU speed might be a little lacking ST-wise.

I am already on NC, however their network has been unstable last few weeks. They had a total outage for almost 3 hrs during peak production times.

I am looking for a high quality network as well. NC seem to piggyback on Hetzner colo.

• davidedavide Member

I found some stuff but the prices are terrible, a dedicated server would be cheaper. Maybe you can reduce the required specs.

• sohailsohail Member

@davide said:
    I found some stuff but the prices are terrible, a dedicated server would be cheaper. Maybe you can reduce the required specs.

Unfortunately because of state held in RAM (~ 8GB) and the growing state size, these specs are absolutely minimum.

I am open to hybrid and dedis btw.

• vinvin Member
    edited March 4

@sohail said:

@davide said:

Unfortunately because of state held in RAM (~ 8GB) and the growing state size, these specs are absolutely minimum.

I am open to hybrid and dedis btw.

FYI, 1TB is nowhere near enough to run a normal full node (not archive). IMO, anything less than 3-4TB is high maintenance since you need to take your node offline and prune it quite often.
    Here's a good resource that lists the requirements as of Jan 24: https://eth-docker.net/Usage/ResourceUsage/ (add the Consensus Client and the Execution Client together since you'll need to run both)

• sohailsohail Member

It is a different chain (sidechain), not Ethereum. But it uses the same geth client with a different config. I'm just keeping it simple by mentioning Ethereum.

@vin said:

FYI, 1TB is nowhere near enough to run a normal full node (not archive). IMO, anything less than 3-4TB is high maintenance since you need to take your node offline and prune it quite often.

• alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

We have cheap dedicated servers, I don't see a VPS for this case.

Check our dedicated servers (configure with more RAM or Space during checkout):
    https://alexhost.com/dedicated-servers/

You can customize during the checkout. I think is better to go with dedicated server rather than VPS.

We don't offer anything in Asia, sorry.
    If you will do any other activity unrelated with this, please inform us to clarify.

Alexhost