Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› Looking for a Singapore VPS for tunneling
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Singapore VPS for tunneling

KeqingWangyKeqingWangy Member
edited March 4 in Requests

Hello...
I want to find a Singapore VPS that allows it to be used as a VPN server for my community.

• Bandwidth speed must be at least 1Gbps.
  • Monthly bandwidth is around 3TB (Currently the average monthly usage of my VPS is around 2TB).
  • For location, of course it has to be Singapore. Because after I tried various servers from other countries, this is the best.
  • For the monthly price I hope I can get it for around US$5-8.

For reference, here is the daily bandwidth usage on my VPS.

If you have any recommendations for me, please let me know. I will look at them one by one.
Thank You.

Comments

• conceptconcept Member
    edited March 4

@speedypage

SG-KVM-2G
    1 AMD® Ryzen 7900 CPU Core
    2GB DDR5 Memory
    30GB Gen4 NVMe Disk Space
    5TB Bandwidth (Unmetered Inbound)
    10Gbps Network Uplink
    Singapore
    $7.49/m

• not possible

• nick_nick_ Member

SpeedyPage is the closest to your requirements especially bandwidth-wise.

• davidedavide Member

GreenCloud has (no aff)

• SG10GbpsStorage-2
    • RAM: 6144MB
    • SWAP: 3072MB
    • HDD: 2TB SATA RAID-10
    • CPU: 4 cores
    • IP: 1 IPv4 + /112 IPv6
    • Bandwidth: 4TB
    • Port: 10Gbps

For $7.92 / month. See product specs (aff)

• Maybe possible with Webhorizon, I am a current user of it and satisfied with the service.

Reach out to @Abd

Thanked by 1Abd
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Hey @KeqingWangy We can offer the below config for $7 per month

1 vCore (AMD Ryzen/Epyc)
    2GB DDR4 RAM
    25GB NVMe Disk Space
    3TB Bandwidth
    Upto 10Gbps Network Uplink
    160Gbps+ DDoS Protected
    Singapore

Looking Glass: https://sg.lg.kuroit.com

• Lu5ckLu5ck Member
    edited March 4

I highly advise you check out the latency among your users to whichever VPS provider you are interested in.

I know some network providers have connectivity issue to Philippine and New Zealand.
    AFAIK, GSL has bad connectivity to Philippine and inland South East Asia.
    Everyone (include famous CDN77, Path.NET, GSL etc) except Host Universal have bad connectivity to New Zealand. For whatever reason, everybody is routing to USA then to New Zealand. Only Host Universal route via Indonesia/Australia.

Speedypage has two DC thus different upstreams, one with Host Universal and the other recently changed to CDN77 which they gaslight me saying the change has to do with middle east internet breakage. I mean, the other DC still using Host Universal, but I am too lazy to argue with them, can only hope they restore direct connectivity to New Zealand.

Likewise, it is also important to note that whichever VPS you chose to setup your proxy with, they can change the upstream without informing you.

Of course, the business grade line and big cloud like Azure, AWS or Google will guarantee your connectivity, obviously out of your budget (and my community budget).

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

@KeqingWangy said:
    Hello...
    I want to find a Singapore VPS that allows it to be used as a VPN server for my community.

• Monthly bandwidth is around 3TB (Currently the average monthly usage of my VPS is around 2TB).
    • For location, of course it has to be Singapore. Because after I tried various servers from other countries, this is the best.

If you have any recommendations for me, please let me know. I will look at them one by one.
    Thank You.

What network monitoring tool is that?

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

@Lu5ck said:
    I highly advise you check out the latency among your users to whichever VPS provider you are interested in.

I know some network providers have connectivity issue to Philippine and New Zealand.
    Everyone (include famous CDN77, Path.NET, GSL etc) except Host Universal have bad connectivity to New Zealand. For whatever reason, everybody is routing to USA then to New Zealand. Only Host Universal route via Indonesia/Australia.

Speedypage has two DC thus different upstreams, one with Host Universal and the other recently changed to CDN77 which they gaslight me saying the change has to do with middle east internet breakage. I mean, the other DC still using Host Universal, but I am too lazy to argue with them, can only hope they restore direct connectivity to New Zealand.

Likewise, it is also important to note that whichever VPS you chose to setup your proxy with, they can change the upstream without informing you.

Of course, the business grade line and big cloud like Azure, AWS or Google will guarantee your connectivity, obviously out of your budget (and my community budget).

For New Zealand, do you have any IP address for testing?

• xmsxms Member

@BasToTheMax said:

What network monitoring tool is that?

looks like vnstat

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
  • Lu5ckLu5ck Member

@aveline said:

@Lu5ck said:

The route is miraculously fixed, after I made that post. I wonder if there's network providers lurking here or route table is updated by weekly basis because the route problem happen exactly 1 week ago.

• daviddavid Member

You could check vultr. For $5 it comes with 1 TB, but also an additional 2 TB for the account. And only TX is counted.

• What network monitoring tool is that?

vnStat

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Lu5ck said:

@aveline said:

@Lu5ck said:

The route is miraculously fixed, after I made that post. I wonder if there's network providers lurking here or route table is updated by weekly basis because the route problem happen exactly 1 week ago.

Indigo West has been down for almost a week. Was restored fully earlier today.

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 6

@Lu5ck said:

We dropped Cogent in Singapore entirely due to the Middle East cable cuts, which as a result would impact routing everywhere else that previously used Cogent (including into APAC from SG). We did not 100% confirm this was the cause but seeing as you reported it right as we did it, that was the working theory.

The route then changed to going over IX, where the user's ISP Vocus brought it through the US to New Zealand over HE. It is also possible that Vocus themselves caused the change.

I think gas lighting is a bit of a stretch as we try to be honest with all of our customers, and are more than happy to admit when we are wrong. It looks to have been a misunderstanding on what dropping an upstream can cause to routes globally. It was not directly caused by the Middle East cuts, but it is a side effect as we had to drop Cogent due to massive packet loss in Singapore at the time (HostUniversal also did the same).

To clarify, we have always used CDN77 in the facility you're referencing, and the only change made around that time on our end was removing Cogent.

• @KeqingWangy said:
    Hello...

Thank You.

Keqing wangy wangy wangy ahh suka jilatin ketek keqinggg

• matey0matey0 Member

Have you tried oracle free tier? Looks like they have a Singapore data center. Like other big cloud providers they usually have very good connectivity (test ip 134.70.128.1).
    Their bandwidth limit is 500mb/s afaik with something like 10tb traffic. You could use 2 free servers and get 1gbps that way.

• daviddavid Member

@hadehente said: Keqing wangy wangy wangy ahh suka jilatin ketek keqinggg

The donger need food.

• alifyaalifya Member
    edited March 7

Is tha> @KeqingWangy said:

Hello...

Thank You.

is that you mas eko linggar?
    try this one https://shockhosting.net/vps

• shelfchairshelfchair Member
    edited March 7

Speedypage/Melbicom is your best bet

@alifya said: is that you mas eko linggar?

👀 👀

• @alifya said:
    Is tha> @KeqingWangy said:

Hello...

Thank You.

is that you mas eko linggar?
    try this one https://shockhosting.net/vps

👀 👀