Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Hosting 5GB ★ Litespeed ★ NVMe ★ PHP Selector | NodeJS | Softaculous Auto Install | Redis Cache - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Hosting 5GB ★ Litespeed ★ NVMe ★ PHP Selector | NodeJS | Softaculous Auto Install | Redis Cache

Comments

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member

@Kwanchowwan said:
    Order Number: 5537978291
    Thank you!

Redis enabled

• ssivpssivp Member

Order Number is: 6550080509
    Thank you!

• cpsdcpsd Member

@IKIHOST said:

@cpsd said:

@IKIHOST said:

@cpsd said:
    I have created an account and it was cancelled.

What your order number?

Invoice #58

Thank you.

Please reorder with domain name, without domain name will not work bro.

I used a domain name with ovh extension, but the system didn't let me click on continue. So I removed the disable attribute with Chrome to finish the order. I thought the system took the domain I wrote.

You can reorder with a domain name that can be detected. Later I will help you change it according to the domain you have

Thanks again.
    Order Number is: 8882482480

For now it is ok leaving that new domain. Thanks mate.

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member

@ssivp said:
    Order Number is: 6550080509
    Thank you!

Redis Enabled

• listerine90listerine90 Member
    edited March 4

Order Number: 9547811478

Also It seems ssl is not working? I tried provisioning one using let's encrypt but my connection is still not secure. (fixed it, it seems to be browser cache delay)

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member

@listerine90 said:
    Order Number: 9547811478

Also It seems ssl is not working? I tried provisioning one using let's encrypt but my connection is still not secure. (fixed it, it seems to be browser cache delay)

Redis enable.

Autossl mostly within 5-20 minutes

• Order Number: 8176354310
    Thank you

• LutungLutung Member

may i use cf as nameserver?

• DazzleDazzle Member

@Lutung said:
    may i use cf as nameserver?

No, you will automatically suspended

• I hereby agree to employ the nameservers supplied by ikihosting. In the event that the nameservers do not lead to the ikihosting server, the free hosting account shall be suspended.

nah!

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member

This is for reasons of cleaning up unused accounts, so the easiest way is to set the module to automatically suspend accounts that do not point to the nameserver. However, you can make requests for domains that use Cloudflare.

• tenperatenpera Member

@IKIHOST said: you can make requests for domains that use Cloudflare.

How do I make request, there is no ticket system.

• chanachana Member

@IKIHOST said:

@chana said:
    Invoice #1209984
    thanks

I see you are using domain cloudflare.com. It will probably be automatically suspended the next day because the cloudflare domain nameservers to their own ns.

i changed

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member

@tenpera said:

@IKIHOST said: you can make requests for domains that use Cloudflare.

How do I make request, there is no ticket system.

You can see menu support forum bro

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member
    edited March 5

My apologies, forgot to respon this

@alfatarsos said:
    Buyer beware: Directadmin's license (the so-called "IkiPanel"), that is used here, is a pirated license. (I would have to think the same of other features...).

Proof below.

Test-for-server-address-conversion Free-server-associated Direct-Admin-license-validation

We no need buyer on this free service, the services we offer are specifically tailored to support those in need at no cost.

which makes this comment even more confusing?

You don't need to say we use pirated software before you know the truth without accurate proof. We use Ipv6 for directadmin license And we don't need you to use this free service, please find one that suits your wishes.

Due to internal reasons we do not publish the IPv6 used for license registration. If you want to know, please PM me and I will provide the information you need, but you are not permitted to publish what is provided.

• alfatarsosalfatarsos Member
    edited March 5

TL;dr - provider lies. addresses are licensed to IPv4 only (according to a 2021 forum topic), licenses are per server IP, there's no such thing as "internal IPv6 license", so the current server where shared hosting is provided not having a valid license is indeed illegal.

You're still insisting on the topic? Okay. I'll answer.

Per DirectAdmin FAQs:

"Note: For dual-stack servers you need to white-list both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses or address ranges."

source: https://docs.directadmin.com/directadmin/general-usage/licensing.html

Since the service is provided in IPv4, both IP addresses need to be included. There is no such thing as "I have two addresses [as shown] but only IPv6 is licensed".

Plus, it seems the IP address that can be licensed can only be IPv4. Source (although from 2021):

https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/attach-ipv6-to-da-license-instead-of-ipv4.64521/

So, support for dual stack is partial.

But I do recall you actually giving me a different justification: "it's licensed to a different address". Written on the first page. Also "if you don't want the service let others use it".

I'm not making anything up, in fact, I'm merely textbook following what is written for all parties, at all times. Sticking to the facts.

Also, in all licensing with DirectAdmin, CPanel and Plesk, the terms are pretty clear: it's 1 license per server IP that provides service, not 1 license for 1 IP that is unlimited and suddenly you can have 40 other servers that are unlicensed and with an "internal IP" or whatever you call. That's not how it works, I assure you.

And furthermore, with that image, it was pretty clear that you don't have a legacy license, which in fact could be a datacenter one and I totally forgot of that possibility.

Also, this talk of redemption, goodwill and help "for those poor and in need", when you have no other currently selling services beside an unlimited one at 3 USD per month to support your costs, smells bullshit to me.

It's even more suspicious to provide LiteSpeed Enterprise to a personal free hosting, which costs anywhere from 26 to 92 USD per month depending on the number of workers. That may be an illegal license too, but since license verification really is internal on that one, I can't talk on that. However, on what I can talk I will talk.

But you do you! I'd simply not trust my data with a free provider that is using licenses like this, nor recommend anyone doing so. And I stand my own grounds.

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member
    edited March 5

I have provided a little information previously. If you want to see the verification data you want, please PM me and I will provide valid information. We do not share all of this regarding whitelable programs such as resellers and user privacy. Furthermore, it welcomes anyone who wants to seek clarification regarding the authenticity of the license by PM.

Learning to appreciate the work of others can greatly enrich our lives. It is important to refrain from discouraging others from purchasing a service or resorting to offensive language in order to express our thoughts. Instead, let us utilize our intelligence in a way that can be beneficial to many people bro.

1 IP that is unlimited and suddenly you can have 40 other servers that are unlicensed and with an "internal IP" or whatever you call. That's not how it works, I assure you.

Bro, the accusation of using 1 license for all servers is also not true. 1 license can only be used for 1 server.

Also, this talk of redemption, goodwill and help "for those poor and in need", when you have no other currently selling services beside an unlimited one at 3 USD per month to support your costs, smells bullshit to me.

I think you already understand why you visited this thread if you think it's useless and what are the benefits? However, we also appreciate if your goal is to be like a hero and become famous quickly. In my opinion, it's just a waste of your time, and your activities should have nothing to do with us, in fact our services have nothing to harm you, isn't that right? If you feel disadvantaged by one of our services, our representatives will be happy to refund what you have paid.

It's even more suspicious to provide LiteSpeed Enterprise to a personal free hosting, which costs anywhere from 26 to 92 USD per month depending on the number of workers. That may be an illegal license too,

Rest assured that you do not have to concern yourself with the cost of the free or low-cost services we provide. Our financial stability allows us to cover all expenses, as outlined in our stringent guidelines. Helping others is a virtuous deed that should never result in harm to anyone.

I assure you, my aim in presenting counterarguments to your opinion is not to accuse you. It is imperative to recognize the significance of appreciating the endeavors of others, rather than resorting to inappropriate discussions, even if possess a talent for persuasive writing arguments.

Prioritize expanding your analysis and conducting a comprehensive investigation to avoid mistakes review and refrain from hastily forming opinions based on deceptive or counterfeit labels that may not align with the actual facts.

The remaining responsibilities are in your hands, as you too possess human rights. Should you require information on our licenses for the relevant server, please reach out via private message as per the instructions. We are also happy to provide license information for each server related to this free service. If you wish to engage in a debate, we are open to it and appreciate all viewpoints and feedback. Your criticisms are also valued without diminishing our respect.

Many thank for all.

• Guys, why so much drama for a free service? Are you jealous?

@IKIHOST please don't forget about me

Order Number: 8176354310
    Thank you

Thanked by 1kelvinjohn
    edited March 5

I'll keep it short this time, as no adequate, technical answers were given regarding the technical contradictions I exposed, and instead you resorted to a mostly moralistic point of view. That alone answers much. (And no, I'll not be sending DMs, ineffective as they would be because I publicly mentioned this and honestly, I have more to do).

I'm not against anyone, or any service, here - it'd be absurd considering it's a free service... I merely see objectively questionable things and question those, from my point of view. There's obviously a security risk that one has to consider (as it has with any provider that doesn't play it legal, btw) - it's crystal clear to me.

From then on, I rest my case. This seems fishy. That's my opinion.

(a small errata - I've argued before that the provider didn't have other services to stand for this. They don't... on this website; under their main website there are indeed several other services. This still doesn't revoke my opinion of the security risks of an illegal panel and potentially illegal enterprise server or any other findings.)

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member
    edited March 5

@alfatarsos said:
    I'll keep it short this time, as no adequate, technical answers were given regarding the technical contradictions I exposed, and instead you resorted to a mostly moralistic point of view. That alone answers much. (And no, I'll not be sending DMs, ineffective as they would be because I publicly mentioned this and honestly, I have more to do).

I'm not against anyone, or any service, here - it'd be absurd considering it's a free service... I merely see objectively questionable things and question those, from my point of view. There's obviously a security risk that one has to consider (as it has with any provider that doesn't play it legal, btw) - it's crystal clear to me.

From then on, I rest my case. This seems fishy. That's my opinion.

(a small errata - I've argued before that the provider didn't have other services to stand for this. They don't... on this website; under their main website there are indeed several other services. This still doesn't revoke my opinion of the security risks of an illegal panel and potentially illegal enterprise server or any other findings.)

We appreciate your input. It has been brought to my attention, through direct messages from several colleagues, that you have been making accusations without the necessary authority to determine the legality. As you are not affiliated with our company or the services we offer, I have chosen not to address any further questions from you.

Do you perceive that people are starting to feel uncomfortable with the way you're carrying yourself as a hero? We respectfully ask that you avoid coming to any of our upcoming functions. Your participation is not needed.

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member

@lovelyserver said:
    Guys, why so much drama for a free service? Are you jealous?

@IKIHOST please don't forget about me

Order Number: 8176354310
    Thank you

Your Redis service has been activated.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the above debate.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
    edited March 6

@IKIHOST said:

We appreciate your input. It has been brought to my attention, through direct messages from several colleagues, that you have been making accusations without the necessary authority to determine the legality. As you are not affiliated with our company or the services we offer, I have chosen not to address any further questions from you.

Do you perceive that people are starting to feel uncomfortable with the way you're carrying yourself as a hero? We respectfully ask that you avoid coming to any of our upcoming functions. Your participation is not needed.

I'm forced to answer, considering the offensive content of this message.

Is this a suitable response from a provider to a user?! You're asking me indirectly to shut up! This is amazing. Absolutely amazing.

First: my messages in this forum are public - that's an absolutely blatant lie, easily viewable.

Second: at this point, your bullshitting is outrageous. As a provider, I believe you should be ashamed of answering like that to a potential customer (we never know if I choose to pay any of your other objectively well-priced VPS services, do we?).

Third: it's crystal clear you can't handle constructive criticism, and that, I'm sorry, can't be my fault.

Fourth: not carrying myself as a hero, don't worry - merely a free guy, taking some spare time to write on its phone in a free forum, doing - I believe - objectively reasonable questions on the Internet to a provider from something I've seen, and that anyone can see, since this is a free service, on their own IPs. I'm not reinventing anything here, simply showing something.

To think you could have shut me up ages ago, ages ago, showing here a license print specifically from Directadmin website marking an IP as legit, which I would see and gladly confirm, and yet you didn't do so even once...

I know, paying 29 euros for one IP for a full unlimited license is hard. The shared ones are what, 6 euros? These are much better priced. It's rather interesting this is your answer though, from someone that claims on their main website on having over 10k WordPress installations... can't spend 29 euros to prove someone wrong? Really?

Get a grip. Your IPs are from OVH Cloud, what's the secrecy for? The Pope?!

Apparently you can't handle someone that is thinking from a security standpoint, which is... quite interesting.

End of communication. I honestly did not expect this type of answer from a provider and frankly, you've shown your true colors. Not good - for anyone.

Requoting what I found:

@alfatarsos said:
    Buyer beware: Directadmin's license (the so-called "IkiPanel"), that is used here, is a pirated license. (I would have to think the same of other features...).

Proof below.

Test-for-server-address-conversion Free-server-associated Direct-Admin-license-validation

• baoguobaoguo Member

Order Number: 7396312520
    Thank you!

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member

@baoguo said:
    Order Number: 7396312520
    Thank you!

Redis enabled

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@alfatarsos please stop.

Directadmin licensing is shit, they license via v6 too.

Stop shitting on a freebie thread.

fyi https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3920640/#Comment_3920640

my best guess is, Ikihost is reselling Asura.

Whatevrr, Service is free, and just go by it.

• listerine90listerine90 Member
    edited March 6

^^^ I agree. Its a freebie, It's not worth the nitpick. I appreciate for your concern regarding the safety for everyone here, but I am here for the rat poison.

Thanked by 1alfatarsos
  • IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member

@FatGrizzly said:
    @alfatarsos please stop.

Directadmin licensing is shit, they license via v6 too.

Stop shitting on a freebie thread.

@listerine90 said:
    ^^^ I agree. Its a freebie, It's not worth the nitpick. I appreciate for your concern regarding the safety for everyone here, but I am here for the rat poison.

This user @alfatarsos says

that is used here, is a pirated license.

Our server free hosting already licensed, without any hint of remorse, the user boldly claimed that the software we were utilizing was pirated license. It is conceivable that this individual may be lacking in experience.

It is rather curious that he are opting to dispute without providing tangible proof. I don't think he thought about the impact of his words. A well-educated individual would certainly offer a public apology, as he has made unfounded accusations in a serious manner.

Unfortunately, he is unable to comprehend the DirectAdmin licensing scheme. The comments he makes serve as a reminder of the problematic nature of his mindset.

edited March 6

Finally a valid license. :)

This is a progress!

Regarding everything else, personal comments and considerations without knowing me and etc, I'll jump them. This was my point all along, so I'm happy to see an evolution here.

I'm as capable of criticizing as I am capable of recognizing relevant actions to answer questions/disputes. Not the best start, but a great ending. Thank you!

@alfatarsos said:
    Finally a valid license. :)

This is a progress!

Regarding everything else, personal comments and considerations without knowing me and etc, I'll jump them. This was my point all along, so I'm happy to see an evolution here.

I'm as capable of criticizing as I am capable of recognizing relevant actions to answer questions/disputes. Not the best start, but a great ending. Thank you!

and I hope you understand DA is shit and magically licenses only v6 and not v4