Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Start my own vps company - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Start my own vps company

2»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@iSidle said:
    If you don't even know what an E3 is, you clearly didn't do your homework propperly.
    Do you even have ANY experience with linux/virtualisation? If not, don't do it, we don't need another deadpooled LE* providder

I want to be a rally driver though, but wait what is a ford?

• An Ford? It's the Phenom II from AMD, which is known as ‘Ford’ amongst server enthusiasts. There are LE* providers who think's the X6 1100T (or ‘Ford GT40’ as it is also known) is great for LE* purposes ;)

@showhosting: GL. Loads of GL to you. You will need a prayer from the @HostNun too :)

@serverian said:

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2014

@k0nsl said:

An Ford? It's the Phenom II from AMD, which is known as ‘Ford’ amongst server enthusiasts. There are LE* providers who think's the X6 1100T (or ‘Ford GT40’ as it is also known) is great for LE* purposes ;)

That is the closest thing I have ever seen to anyone to winning the internet.

• c0yc0y Member

@painfreepc said:
    he can't even Boil Water

He doesn't even know what water is!

• @showhosting - I am sure plenty of people will tell you the same thing - don't embark on this until you have the skillset to run this company properly at a minimum you need to be able to properly manage your servers. Outsourcing this is never an option, most outsourcing partners are unreliable, equally inexperienced or just blatantly too overworked to really care.

• @MuZo said:
    I hope they will release a 2014 version

• I like the NSA feature add-on.

• @BuyMyVm said:
    Try Dedicated Minds reseller plans Reece. You can try them at start then establish a own server if you have a low budget.

Thanks for the mention :-)

@showhosting, do you have a budget in mind for your start up?

• We are now accepting prayers from LET first round draft pick resellers: https://abbey.hostnun.net/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=5

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Reece What's your VPS Reseller Price? Can I have a Quote? ;)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

No one is really going to help you here.

• @showhosting You might want to get a good understanding about Linux:

You will also need at least a basic understanding of routers, switches, cables...

• CompTIA Network+
    • Wiley's Networking Self-Teaching Guide

My guess is that you will want to use openVZ as your virtualization and oversell like there is no tomorrow:

you will probably want a nice looking website: basic understanding of html+css+js+php.

I am not an expert; I just play one on the Internet. Maybe a good Samaritan can provide more information.

• VPNVPN Member

@showhosting - get a cheap $50 server somewhere, install a nulled WHMCS and SolusVM and then sell ten 1GB VPS's for every 1GB of RAM you have, profit! Then in September/October you can deadpool like the best.

• @Nick_A said:
    No one is really going to help you here.

Maybe you could take him under your wing?

• @MuZo said:

@vemacs said:

You're missing SolusVM, and a few other skiddies software.

https://db.tt/CYcwQ5r3

Hostnun?

• How to become the CEO of your very own VPS hosting company in ten easy steps and for under $200.

Step #1: Purchase a dedicated server from one of the many of cheap datacenters. Datashack can get you started with something for under $100/month.
    Step #2: Get yourself a domain and a PayPal account. Under $10.
    Step #3: Get yourself a template from themeforest.com. Under $15.
    Step #4. Make sure you use the words "we" and "CEO" as many times as possible when editing the template.
    Step #5: Install SolusVM. $10.
    Step #6: Install WHMCS. $12.
    Step #7: Create a Twitter and Facebook page. Head over to fiverr.com and pay a few people to add thousands of likes to your page and followers to your Twitter. Potential clients will definitely sign-up for your service when they see how many other people are following you. You're legit now. Under $20.
    Step #8: Create some $1/month Open-VZ plans and post on LET/WHT.
    Step #9: Sell out of plans.
    Step #10: Sit back and relax. Be proud of yourself. You can now tell everyone you know that you're a CEO and your business is in high demand.
    Bonus step: Now that you're a successful businessman, hit up some forums and pretend to know what you're talking about. Let everyone know that you built your business with hard work and care about your customers. Unlike the other web hosting companies out there, you're in this for the long haul and have a solid business plan.

Thanked by 2Mark_R cnbeining
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

@imperio said:

You are missing part when you have to register to as many forums as you can and write reviews of your services by yourself under different nickname. That seems to be sales booster.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited January 2014
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited January 2014

@imperio said:

You forgot the best, fun parts: DDoS attacks, chargebacks, clients abusing your service, etc. ;)

• @aglodek said:

Oh, so you mean our services. Constant DDosing on our master, clients abusing the service, failed chargebacks every other day.

Dealt with the abuse by overcompensating (stronger hardware), and the DDoSing by going with SingleHop Hosting for our network.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Early to bed, early to rise. Work like hell and advertise and advertise and advertise... &... advertise........................................................

• @HardCloud said:
    Oh, so you mean our services. Constant DDosing on our master, clients abusing the service, failed chargebacks every other day.

hey man, Girls Just Want To Have Fun

• serverian said: This is not an ad post lol.

He is too busy in increasing his post count

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Just for you, i uploaded my ServerHosting Simulator Version from 2013. It is not complete but it has this features:

• Create your Company
    • Buy Servers/Licenses
    • Add Plans, like 128MB, 5gig HDD cost 5$
    • Get Costumers and they buy that from you

Planed:

• DDOS Attacks and Hack Attacks
    • Events like you put to much vps on Pentium 4 and you will get tickets like it lagging, move to other node.....
    • some wired calls

Here can you download it: http://www.datafilehost.com/d/4c29e78a

Ps: No joke and its not a virus. Serious.

• @Infinity580 said:
    Just for you, i uploaded my ServerHosting Simulator Version from 2013. It is not complete but it has this features:

• Create your Company
    • Buy Servers/Licenses
    • Add Plans, like 128MB, 5gig HDD cost 5$
    • Get Costumers and they buy that from you

Planed:

• DDOS Attacks and Hack Attacks
    • Events like you put to much vps on Pentium 4 and you will get tickets like it lagging, move to other node.....
    • some wired calls

Here can you download it: http://www.datafilehost.com/d/4c29e78a

Ps: No joke and its not a virus. Serious.

Haha, is this made in Visual Studio or something?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Visual Basic, IDE 2010

• MassNodesMassNodes Member
    edited January 2014

@ftpit said:

No, I was watching TV when I posted. I didn't read it fully.

• @ehostlab said:
    Reece What's your VPS Reseller Price? Can I have a Quote? ;)

Sure! Shoot me some details of what you need and ill put quote together for you :)

• MassNodes said: No, I was watching TV when I posted. I didn't read it fully.

Haha do one work at a time :)