Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can OVH dedicated servers be transferred to other customers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can OVH dedicated servers be transferred to other customers?

Support is taking their sweet time to answer. I have a server that I'd like to transfer ASAP. Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks

Comments

• Smith42Smith42 Member

Yes just set admin, billing and tech contact to new owner's nic handle
    https://help.ovhcloud.com/csm/en-ca-account-manage-contacts?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0042991

• remyremy Member

Yes you have to update contact technical contact an so on

It requires multiple steps to perform a full transfer. As the new owner has to confirm multiple times with a link on his mailbox.

Please transfer it to my account !

• I read your replies and that page but I am still confused. You and the page are referring to contact details, not ownership. How can just updating the contact details transfer the service to the new person, and stops charging the previous owner?

@remy :

• The server type is KS-9
    • You can find both the specs and the YABS from before I installed apps etc at https://bin.botta.me/y6es0a (since it has 4 drives I configured them in RAID 10)
    • Location is Gravelines, France
    • I bought the server on December 29, 2023 with an annual commitment that ends on December 29, 2024
    • I got the server with a discount/offer in December so monthly price is just 17.24 euros + VAT per month (for me in Finland for example it is 21.38 VAT included since VAT is 24%)
    • Yesterday I requested the cancellation of the server at the end of the commitment before remembering that I could try to transfer it to someone else; so I will revoke this request once I have confirmation that someone
    • Next invoice is April 1, 2024
    • The server is paid for the full month of March but I am happy with 10 euros paid to my PayPal account
    • I'll assume that you are first in the queue if you confirm
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2

@vitobotta if you're on the new OVH Cloud panel, then you can use that instruction provided, when you change all 3 contacts, this effectively changes the ownership of this service entirely.

If you're on the old Kimsufi panel, then the procedure is to print out documents and send them in paper mail, along with photocopies of IDs and such: https://www.ovh.ie/cgi-bin/ie/procedure/procedureChangeOwner.cgi
    Some had luck with having the owner changed simply via ticket, I had not in my case.

• @rm_ said:
    @vitobotta if you're on the new OVH Cloud panel, then you can use that instruction provided, when you change all 3 contacts, this effectively changes the ownership of this service entirely.

If you're on the old Kimsufi panel, then the procedure is to print out documents and send them in paper mail, along with photocopies of IDs and such: https://www.ovh.ie/cgi-bin/ie/procedure/procedureChangeOwner.cgi
    Some had luck with having the owner changed simply via ticket, I had not in my case.

How do I know if I am on the old or new control panel? This is the first time I have used OVH

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@vitobotta said: How do I know if I am on the old or new control panel?

The new panel is at ovhcloud.com, old one is at kimsufi.com.

• @rm_ said:

@vitobotta said: How do I know if I am on the old or new control panel?

The new panel is at ovhcloud.com, old one is at kimsufi.com.

Awesome, I am on the new one. Thanks for the clarification!

• Server transferred to @remy :)

• remyremy Member

@vitobotta said:
    Server transferred to @remy :)

Thank you.

I'm going to have some great deals to let go in the coming weeks with new servers I recently got.
    Keep an eye on the service transfer section ;)