Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An outrageous data center reliablesite.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

An outrageous data center reliablesite.net

My server was replaced by reliablesite.net.
I have continuously renewed and used reliablesite's servers and all of a sudden I realized that my server could not connect and the IPMI of the server had changed. I was shocked, I was under the impression that it should have been Supermicro and not ASRock, after I sent a support ticket, reliablesite told me that they never changed my server, and then just now I found out that my server is back to Supermicro, and the server has been down for three days, luckily I took a screenshot immediately when it happened to keep the evidence or I would not have been able to believe that this happened at all. They have not restored my server until now.
Anyone be wary of this DC, it's not safe, at least not for me!

Comments

• kenjing789kenjing789 Member
    edited March 1

Censored your IP btw
    And look like you ICMP other people server ?

• @kenjing789 said:
    Censored your IP btw
    And look like you ICMP other people server ?

Thanks for the heads up, but I kept the access IP on purpose to prove I wasn't lying

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 1

So they provided access to another customers server? Your servers have been DOUBLED. Thank you.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • FunnyKingFunnyKing Member
    edited March 1

@AllHost_Rep said:
    So they provided access to another customers server? Your servers have been DOUBLED. Thank you.

No, they switched servers without my knowledge

My server should have been added to the other user's control panel, and the other user's server was added to my panel

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@FunnyKing said:
    My server should have been added to the other user's control panel, and the other user's server was added to my panel

I'm confused. Were you transferring servers between billing accounts? Sounds like a support miscommunication.

• hostthebesthostthebest Member, Patron Provider

This sounds like a mixup then if your saying your server should have been added to the other users panel. These guys run a tight shop looking for the outside in as we don't use them yet but I don't think it's right to say that they should be avoided. Assuming you have a ticket open before posting here was there any response?

• @MikeA said:

@FunnyKing said:

I'm confused. Were you transferring servers between billing accounts? Sounds like a support miscommunication.

Never. I was only using it in my account and all of a sudden the server wouldn't log in, when I logged into the console I realized I couldn't log into IPMI, the IPMI rack had changed (from Supermicro to ASRock) and now from ASRock back to Supermicro

• @hostthebest said:
    This sounds like a mixup then if your saying your server should have been added to the other users panel. These guys run a tight shop looking for the outside in as we don't use them yet but I don't think it's right to say that they should be avoided. Assuming you have a ticket open before posting here was there any response?

An exciting update, my server hasn't been formatted yet, at least it's back and back online!!

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 1

It sounds to me like your IPMI IP was accidentally double assigned to two different IPMI units - one being your SuperMicro, and the other being this AsRockRack system - I've seen exactly this multiple times in the past at different providers. This results in sporadicness where sometimes you'll end up reaching the SuperMicro, and sometimes the AsRockRack.

Although it is strange you were able to login, potentially - I don't know how IPMI works at ReliableSite.

Thanked by 1MrRadic
    edited March 1

@EthernetServers said:
    It sounds to me like your IPMI IP was accidentally double assigned to two different IPMI units - one being your SuperMicro, and the other being this AsRockRack system - I've seen exactly this multiple times in the past at different providers. This results in sporadicness where sometimes you'll end up reaching the SuperMicro, and sometimes the AsRockRack.

If it's just a wrong IP setting for IPMI but the server shouldn't be offline, they replied in the support ticket that I'm sure it's my server because UBUNTU20 is installed on the ASRock, and they asked me for the UBUNTU password for the ASRock server but I have windows installed. i'm still asking them to find out who reinstalled my server, and in fact, not only did they incorrectly changed the IPMI, but also did it wrong in the console

• @FunnyKing said:

@MikeA said:

@FunnyKing said:

Never. I was only using it in my account and all of a sudden the server wouldn't log in, when I logged into the console I realized I couldn't log into IPMI, the IPMI rack had changed (from Supermicro to ASRock) and now from ASRock back to Supermicro

Then what was the 'should have been added to the other user's control panel' all about? To me, this sounds like there was a mistake in what seems like a transfer of services.

• @Maelstrom36 said:

@FunnyKing said:

@MikeA said:

@FunnyKing said:

Then what was the 'should have been added to the other user's control panel' all about? To me, this sounds like there was a mistake in what seems like a transfer of services.

I never asked for a transfer. Since they must have added someone else's server to my console, it was just speculation and suspicion that they gave my server to someone else. btw, the IP and MAC never changed in the console

• @FunnyKing said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@FunnyKing said:

@MikeA said:

@FunnyKing said:

I never asked for a transfer. Since they must have added someone else's server to my console, it was just speculation and suspicion that they gave my server to someone else. btw, the IP and MAC never changed in the console

After all this, did you ask their support what happened? Speculating and suspecting something and then telling others to be wary of this provider without concrete understanding of the incident isn't helpful.

edited March 1

@Maelstrom36 said:

@FunnyKing said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@FunnyKing said:

@MikeA said:

@FunnyKing said:

After all this, did you ask their support what happened? Speculating and suspecting something and then telling others to be wary of this provider without concrete understanding of the incident isn't helpful.

I inquired, but they always tell me it's under review, without disclosing more. I believe that concealing information in such situations is the true irresponsibility towards users. As a member of LowEndTalk, reporting unsafe incidents in LowEndTalk serves as a warning to vendors and also urges them to improve their management or operations irregularities. It also ensures that other members of LowEndTalk are aware and understand what consequences these irregularities can bring. I don't think it's unhelpful as you said. If my server were formatted today, what would happen to my data?

Thanked by 1OpenNet
  • xvpsxvps Member

@FunnyKing said:
    If my server were formatted today, what would happen to my data?

Well, most people keep their data safe by creating backups.

• You should communicate further with reliablesite, they are the best and one of the most reputed company

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited March 1

It looks like this was related to a server being setup with the wrong IPMI IP that conflicted with yours, then fixed. The sysadmin that was working on it reset the password, then realized the IP conflict. This was human error during a maintenance that took place overnight.

Sorry about the headache. It shouldn't have happened and I'll make sure that the techs performing the maintenance are a bit more careful going forward.