Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo Storage VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo Storage VPS

Hi, has anyone used Contabo Storage VPS? I'm thinking of buying this package.

STORAGE VPS 1
$5.50
/ month
2 vCPU Cores
3 GB RAM
800 GB SSD
200 Mbit/s Port
32 TB Traffic*
Unlimited Incoming

Or there is any good provider ?

Comments

• Well it's Contabo. If you hit a lucky node your lucky, if not your not that lucky.

• servarica:
    2 TB $ 5/month or $ 48/year
    https://servarica.com/all-offers/

• kendkend Member

@crunchbits is a good call as well. The only problem is I don’t know if they have storage VPS in stock or not.

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • 20142014 Member

@totally_not_banned said:
    Well it's Contabo. If you hit a lucky node your lucky, if not your not that lucky.

Im sorry , its mean ?

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 29

ServaRica has (no aff)

• 1GB RAM
    • 1 vCPU Shared
    • 1TB HDD Storage
    • RAIDz2 Storage
    • 4TB transfer on 1gbps
    • or Unlimited on 100mbps
    • 1 IPv4 Included
    • IPv6 available by request

For $29 / year. See product specs (aff)

• edited February 29

@2014 said:

Well it's Contabo. If you hit a lucky node your lucky, if not your not that lucky.

Im sorry , its mean ?

It means that it's a gamble if you'll end up on a so-so node or one that's heavily overbooked. Contabo doesn't give two shits either way.

• 20142014 Member

@2014 said:

Im sorry , its mean ?

It means that it's a gamble if you'll end up on a so-so node or one that's heavily overbooked. Contabo doesn't give two shits either way.

Any good provider ?

• @2014 said:

@2014 said:

Im sorry , its mean ?

Any good provider ?

Well, i think you've already got some recommendations.

• Contabo's very hit or miss. They also have heavy IO limits even for "SSD" storage.

• Does Contabo has a return policy? Like if you aren’t satisfied you can cancel your annual subscription within 14 days?

• 20142014 Member

@Moopah said:
    Contabo's very hit or miss. They also have heavy IO limits even for "SSD" storage.

Yes

• zoxzox Member
    edited March 1

I just dropped Contabo.

I have 4vCPU 8Gb Ram VPS, Singapore. Around two months back, I faced with high cpu steal. That time I contacted support and they where happy to help and fixed it. I was very much satisfied with their service. Since the support was response and all, I became more confident and stored database for two projects under development and hosted two websites as well and a gitea repository.

At 9days 19hr ago, VPS lost its access through IPv4, When I contacted support, they said it was still accessible with VNC and it is an issue from my end. Then I flush the firewall and still no access, I informed the support and they said, my email will be forwarded to technical support(8 days ago).

After that no response from them, I tried replying to same ticket and no one was responding. Send new support email and received the same VNC is working reply, afterwards no response again.

I tried taking a snapshot and reinstalled the VPS, still no access.

Now I am stuck with VPS completely isolated from internet, can't upload or download from it using IPv4. Only way to access through VNC and no response from support.

Yesterday I gave the service cancellation request through dashboard.
    Thats my story till now.

[Contabo Ticket#2024022010043699]

• Stay away from Contabo. It's shit

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • ailiceailice Member

Their storage-line was fine bought it as "need storage on SG"-stuff 2 years ago, but there plenty better deal there for sure.

• zoxzox Member

@zox said:
    I just dropped Contabo.

I have 4vCPU 8Gb Ram VPS, Singapore. Around two months back, I faced with high cpu steal. That time I contacted support and they where happy to help and fixed it. I was very much satisfied with their service. Since the support was response and all, I became more confident and stored database for two projects under development and hosted two websites as well and a gitea repository.

At 9days 19hr ago, VPS lost its access through IPv4, When I contacted support, they said it was still accessible with VNC and it is an issue from my end. Then I flush the firewall and still no access, I informed the support and they said, my email will be forwarded to technical support(8 days ago).

After that no response from them, I tried replying to same ticket and no one was responding. Send new support email and received the same VNC is working reply, afterwards no response again.

I tried taking a snapshot and reinstalled the VPS, still no access.

Now I am stuck with VPS completely isolated from internet, can't upload or download from it using IPv4. Only way to access through VNC and no response from support.

Yesterday I gave the service cancellation request through dashboard.
    Thats my story till now.

[Contabo Ticket#2024022010043699]

rest of the story in here
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3934641/#Comment_3934641

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

Check our storage VPS hosting plans

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@vsys_host said:

$18 for 1 vCore / 1 GB / 1 TB plan
    Did I miss anything?

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

@dev_vps said:

@vsys_host said:

Did I miss anything?

You are right

We accept crypto, and there are no problems with our storage VPS as described above

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited April 2

@vsys_host said:

@dev_vps said:

@vsys_host said:

Did I miss anything?

You are right

We accept crypto, and there are no problems with our storage VPS as described above

$18 for 1 TB HDD storage ???

I can get a VPS with more memory, more vCores and 1 TB SSD storage for same or lower price

• Wenlee8Wenlee8 Member

Had bad experience with them :/

• skytechwskytechw Member
    Thanked by 1shaikhmanal
  • Not recommended

• @dev_vps said:

@vsys_host said:

@dev_vps said:

@vsys_host said:

Did I miss anything?

You are right

$18 for 1 TB HDD storage ???

I can get a VPS with more memory, more vCores and 1 TB SSD storage for same or lower price

BulletProof Host Literally

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited April 3

@host_c VPS with Five TB storage $12 per quarter

https://imgbrr.co/images/Ho3M.png

Thanked by 1host_c
  • hapkidohapkido Member

@dev_vps said:
    @host_c VPS with Five TB storage $12 per quarter

https://imgbrr.co/images/Ho3M.png

Tried last 10minutes, having time out to the page, too popular? :D